Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,076 through 1,100 (of 1,344 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136973 Reply
    joss

Looking out the round window, I feel depressed. One shade of gray and a lot of Rain. I hate rain by the way.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136995 Reply
    Georgie

Going by the Press it looks like the Northern half of Britain is in for a bit of a hammering over the next couple of days, while down here in the south we getting the wind.  Best place for everyone is inside, methinks.

#136996 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup! Friends in the north will be getting pretty bad stuff. Right now Sussex is wet cold and windy. Bearable but unpleasant. All Thargs staying inside, thank you. Time to make stuffed marrow with mashed swede/pease pudding while listening to various bits of Howard Goodall Requiem and Renaissance choral works, with a bit of Beatles thrown in. Continue reading The Bookman which just gets increasingly mad.

#137069 Reply
    Brydo

Thankfully the forecast heavy snow has not materialised ……….. yet.

#137103 Reply
    Georgie

Lovely Sunny morning, a bit overcast now.  Dry.  Meh-ish, but much better than yesterday.

I hope nobody here has been caught up in the flooding, or had a sink hole open up in front of their homes like in Gorton.  More snow for the Highlands, it seems – though I don’t expect Highlanders are really phased by snow in winter.

Just received a letter from the DWP saying my PIP’s been extended to September 2023 due to Covid.  That’s good news, because I’ll be able to order my next car without having to be reassessed first. 🙂

Take care, everyone.

#137116 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same here. Bright a.m. Now dull and dark grey. Full-scale Meh!

#137141 Reply
    joss

No Rain today and clearish blue skys. Flood risk remains in place, not because of heavy rain here, but from drainage in to the river Don at Sheffield. Which then flows through Doncaster until it meets the tidal section of the river Don.

Also have had new Boiler fitted today. As the older one (12 years old) was being problematic. It was rather nippy I have to say without heating on.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137150 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Joss what make of boiler is it ? Worcester Bosch ? Is it quiet ? Combi boiler or do you have airing tank ?

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#137164 Reply
    joss

It is a combi boiler Mike made by Baxi. Baxi Combi 830. It is very quite indeed. Out put is 30 KWH.

My brother in law is a plumber working for him self. So everting at cost and no labour costs.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137211 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thats great Joss the reason I ask is because I’m moving to a retirement bungalow this year and on the development of 32 bungalows they have different boilers some have ideal some Baxi some Worcester Bosch ! Is your boiler on an outside wall ? I’ve read that makes them quieter ?

#137222 Reply
    joss

Yes Mike it is on an outside wall. If the boiler is installed on an internal wall and requires a long flue to reach an out side wall, then they sometimes need a flue fan to boost waste gases.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/boilers/article/best-combi-boiler-brands-a1cCp5J6LCFu

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137226 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Joss I can’t Thankyou enough you have hit the nail on the head so the boiler has got to be on outside wall or very close to it to be quieter without the long flue ?

#137227 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Joss alas I cannot view the which results as I don’t subscribe to them

#137230 Reply
    joss

Link works fine for me Mike. I don’t subscribe either. Strange!

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137231 Reply
    JS

link working fine my end.

#137236 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

The link is working for me but it will not reveal best boiler brand or most reliable brand etc there is just a question mark in a square !

#137265 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Which brand of boiler do they say is most reliable ?

#137288 Reply
    joss

under combi the Baxi comes out top. Re the square with ? Mark. I clicked on it and it gave me the details. So I will try that again and report back.

Reporting back:

This is where I found the info https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/boilers/baxi/brand

PS My combi came with a 10 year parts and labour warrantee

Apologies Mike

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by joss.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by joss.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137300 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I had a Baxi for 12 years and it never missed a beat, got an Ideal boiler put in last year and its needed rebooted 4 times. Its just a case of pressing a button at the side of the boiler but shouldn’t need to do anything to a new boiler IMO.

#137304 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

under combi the Baxi comes out top. Re the square with ? Mark. I clicked on it and it gave me the details. So I will try that again and report back. Reporting back: This is where I found the info https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/boilers/baxi/brand PS My combi came with a 10 year parts and labour warrantee Apologies Mike

. That’s great information Joss cheers

#137356 Reply
    Brydo

Beautiful sunny, cold, crisp day.

#137375 Reply
    joss

Gray and very cold. There was a hard frost this morning, but temp rise has cleared the frost.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137376 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

My conservatory is heated, but today, with no heating on, just the heat from the sun, it is 18 degrees Celsius. After my walk i plan to sit in it with a big cup of tea with a biscuit 🍪 and chill with my feet up and look at all the work i need to do in the garden lol.

#137379 Reply
    Georgie

Gorgeous morning, though a bit cold.  Fine today, down to -5 tonight and decent chance of some snow tomorrow, finally.  Glad we took those parcels to the Post Office yesterday!

#137387 Reply
    Brydo

Just back and it’s 20 degrees in the conservatory and 2 degrees outside. The power of the sun ☀️

Viewing 25 replies - 1,076 through 1,100 (of 1,344 total)
Reply To: Reply #136404 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: