Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,416 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136149 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Us soft southerners! Don’t know what to do with even a little bit of the white stuff. When I was a lad (puts on Cockerney accent), we’d ‘ave 10ft of snow and still ‘ave to go out and hunt down the pie ‘n’ mash for breakfast!

#136166 Reply
    Brydo

Georgie I live between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

The snow is turning to slush so fingers crossed it dissapears.

I will still need to clear the wee incline outside my house as the cars can’t get up.

#136203 Reply
    joss

@GeorgieΒ  I live in Doncaster which is about 20 odd miles from Sheffield.

Weather update… Still snowing and now a good 2 to 3 inches on the ground…

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136207 Reply
    Brydo

incline cleared, job well done, even if I say so myself lol.

#136278 Reply
    joss

@Brydo

Well if you do such a good job, Jump in the Volvo and head south. My drive needs clearing. lol

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136285 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i am a bit further down in renishaw joss its still coming down here, the neighbour and myself cleared our paths and put down rock salt this morning and they are staying pretty clear.

back and knees are telling me it was a mistake lol.

#136292 Reply
    joss

@mitchΒ  I am looking out the window and think, no chance of making that appointment in the morning.

My son is now on 12 hour rota, 6am to 6pm so no way am I going to ask the lad to clear drive.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136295 Reply
    Brydo

joss if you were a bit closer ……………… I would be able to see your snowy drive lol.

#136359 Reply
    joss

Well no more snow thankfully. @Brydo I should have taken a picture for you. Also the good lad that is my Son cleared the drive after a 12 hour shift. Top lad.

So this morning freezing fog and everything else for that matter. Cancelled appointment as some prat has parked across my drive. Grrrrrrrrrr

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136364 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

We had no snow here in Leicestershire but heavy rain roads flooded here

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#136369 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cold and, relatively, clear. Weather gods tried to make a frost overnight but it had gone above zero by about 6 a.m.

#136402 Reply
    joss

A couple of pictures of where I live. Snow theme.

First one our local church Woodlands All Saints.

Second one. Our road.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136404 Reply
    Georgie

Mild-ish and damp, but no rain.

Evidently I was late with the bird food this morning – the young magpie was sitting in the cherry tree watching me anxiously, lest I forget to put out his hazelnut.

The squirrel still hasn’t remembered/worked out how to lift the lid on the hazelnut box.Β  I’m down to the last hazelnut in a shell (which the magpie can’t steal), which is what I’ve been using to try and lure him into lifting the lid.Β  If he doesn’t grab it today then one of the rats will take it tonight.

Pushing on with ‘My Family and Other Animals’.Β  Durrell, G. is an excellent writer who really makes pre-WWII Corfu come vividly to life.Β  Recommended.

#136412 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Georgie, if you want other species of birds to thrive in your garden, you really shouldn’t encourage magpies.Β  Round here, we shoot them.

#136571 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Cold and wet in a very nasty way. Have to go to collect a shopping load from Waitrose today (all deliveries sold out!). Not looking forward to it as collection point is v exposed. Full wet-weather gear called for.

Like the Durrell stuff too, Georgie. Most entertaining and easy to read. Currently stuck into The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz. He is simply so enjoyable to read and loves doing things differently: here he breaks one of fiction’s taboos by writing as the real-person Horowitz, inserting himself into fictional situation and talking direct to reader. Never know what is going to happen next!

#136586 Reply
    Brydo

Heavy rain last night, snow no more.

#136589 Reply
    joss

light rain this morning and the sun is out. So snow will be gone by this afternoon.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136606 Reply
    JS

beautiful day. with people out walking reminds of Boxing Day

#136626 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

All change then, no longer nasty cold wet etc. Clear-ish skies, temperature gone up a fair bit. Almost springlike.

#136707 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Georgie Hi, not sure whether you like Cadfael on screen as well as the printed word, but the first series is available in the On Demand bit of the Drama channel.

#136758 Reply
    Georgie

Hi, Tharg!

I loved the TV series – got it on DVD.Β  Jacobi was pretty much perfect in the role, imho.

My last 4 day weekend away (before by back went bang and put and end to such things) was in Shrewsbury (I’d really gone to see Wroxeter), and we took a potter around the Abbey.Β  Not much left from the 11/12th century period, but it made for a nice afternoon, not forgetting to view the remains of ancient pulpit in the car park across the road, before heading to ASDA for supplies.

#136762 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather grey, dull, dry, not much wind. Perfect for cleaning car, thus, a bright shiny Mini now sits in drive.

Miz G, your Shrewsbury trip sounds a delight. Much envy! Will be starting fourth book soon (St Peter’s Fair?). Have to finish the Horowitz first and a completely mad steam-punk thing called The Bookman which I can only describe as Doyle crossed with H G Wells and John Wyndham plus, maybe, a bit of Ray Bradbury thrown in for good measure.

#136776 Reply
    Georgie

‘The Bookman Histories’ sounds like my cup of tea and are duly added to the Amazon list, which is now getting ridiculous: at least half a dozen more ‘No.1 Ladies Detective Agency’ books to get, six more Jim Butcher ‘Dresden Files’, countless Stephen King novels, plus, of course, all the Bryant and Mays.Β  It’s getting so that I’m relieved Lindsey Davis only turns out one Flavia Alba a year!

Good thing I can’t go anywhere, really. πŸ˜€

#136813 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet. Not too cold. Clearing, thank the gods. At least Tilly will get a walk – albeit with nice neighbour, not Mrs T who is still not firing on all cylinders yet.

So you’re not averse to a bit of steampunk, Georgie? I just hate the label – there certainly is steam in the stories, but punk? (Didn’t like the “music” either.) It’s a genre that I’ve come to like, as an offshoot of classic science-fiction (another misleading name). Will trawl through stuff I’ve read to see what I can recommend. Best authors tend to be Brit’s since most tales are set in or around Victorian London and few US writers can be bothered to do research on the old city.

#136970 Reply
    Georgie

Wet.Β  Windy.Β  Whole lot of ‘No fun’.

I love the Steampunk look – not far off how me and my friends dressed for rock concerts back in the latter half of the 19980’s, really – a mix of Hard Rock, Glam Rock and Goth.Β  I’ve still got my deep red, crushed velvet waistcoat with the gold buttons in the wardrobe, and the knee length boots (packed away for when I can fit into them again).Β  Couldn’t afford a decent Top Hat back then, alas, but I did have an electric blue trilby.Β  Happy Days.

Agree about the Punk music – except that it did give us ‘The Stranglers’. πŸ™‚

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,416 total)
Reply To: Reply #136970 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: