Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,333 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135815 Reply
    joss

Georgie. Are these red or gray squirrels? Possibly, it’s a different squirrel.

It has not been a bad morning here. No rain or snow or frost even. Crisp blue sky but still feels chilly due to a breeze. Temp around 5 C

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135816 Reply
    Georgie

It’s just greys around here, Joss.  No serious ‘Forestry’ going on, so I don’t feel guilty about encouraging the cute little tree rats.

I was seriously (and I do mean seriously) considering a move to Angelsey because they only have reds, but it seems the squiddles are pretty much limited to Newborough Forest and the woods on Holy Island rather than everywhere, and I’d be lucky to spot one from the car park.    Still, I have rather fallen for the north-west corners, so maybe . . .

#135817 Reply
    Georgie

yes i know it’s Anglesey, not Angelsey, but I can’t get a minutes peace to think at the moment!

#135819 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Drizzle but 10•, better than -3, Coal Tits today also at the feeder.

@Joss
    never seen a red squirrel in the wild, the one chance I did get visiting Isle of Arran I missed as I was driving everyone seen it, I missed out so fast into cover.

#135823 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dull, grey, medium-serious rain fading to drizzle. Very little bird life to mention. Long-tailed tits still flutter through in flocks of 10 to 12. Lot more smaller gulls (black headed), often getting aggro from Herring gull thugs. Squirrel fell off fence couple of days back and Vince the fox continues to fail to get over same fence without much banging and swearing.

#135826 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

tharg, unfortunatley no further forward as you say resetting the tyre pressures is the only solution so far.

but as i am not going anywhere its not an issue at the mo i will just press reset before i drive off next time and hopefully that will preempt her.

seriously considering getting an older 2nd hand car in future without all this crap.

#135849 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@mitch Yup, know what you mean. Took me ages to get the car to accept the reset process. My guess is that after it tells you tyres have gone wonky, you have to stop, turn off, get out and lock doors and come back some 30 minutes later. All this so it can be sure you’ve done the tyres! Even then, it took me three goes at the reset  before it would accept it. Kept going to about 20% then dropping out back to beginning.

#135876 Reply
    joss

Have you guys ever thought about ringing BMW dealer and saying, your having problems with tyres pressure resetting?

I have TPM on my X2 and never have any problems resetting.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135880 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

first time its done it only picked it up in march.didnt have this problem on the 3 dr mini i had prior.

must admit i assumed they would be shut i will check tommorrow.

#135882 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

There shouldn’t be any reason to reset the TPM every time you pump up the tyres.  The monitor looks at the rolling diameter to calculate the pressure which will change as the tyre wears, so only needs recalibrating from time to time..

#135883 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

its the cold that has confused it wigwam, theres nowt wrong with the pressure. when it warms up its fine.

just bl***y annoying as the mini system isnt just a warning ding and light you get a whole rigmarole of flashing lights and some bird threatening to call in international rescue. along with a 2 page missive telling you you need to pump em up.

#135890 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup, Mitch sums it up perfectly. Bells, whistles and worrisome doxy threatening to make the sky fall on your head. It eventually goes away when the tyres get up to temperature and pressure and the elves can get a reading that they’re happy with. But, as above, sometimes takes three goes to make ’em shut up.

#135960 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Grey, damp, Bleugh! Colder too, no matter what the Beeb weather forecast says about 9 or 10 degrees.

#135988 Reply
    joss

Much the same here Tharg. Depressing so…get read for the freeze coming

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135989 Reply
    Georgie

Strangely warm last night, despite the Beeb saying zero degrees.  No frost or ice.  Methinks the Beeb was much mistaken.  Beeb also saying 99% chance of it raining at the moment and it’s as dry as a mildly moist bone.

No birds this morning.  None.  Not a one.  Perhaps this is the Calm Before the Storm and we should head down to the tornado shelter.

Either that or an imminent earthquake – in which case a tornado shelter is the last place I’d want to be.

Decisions . . . Decisions . . .   Better make another cup of tea while I ponder the options.  Maybe have a couple of Hobnobs as well – purely to help fuel the mental functions, you understand . . .

#135993 Reply
    Brydo

Treacherous outside, postman struggling to get across the monoblock without slipping. Usually at this time I see lots of people out walking, place is deserted.

#136020 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Beeb forecast 11-12C? Car thermo 6C. Beeb nil – Mini 1. Pah!

#136133 Reply
    Brydo

Heavy snow overnight and still falling, roads outside covered, cars struggling to get up the slight incline outside my house.

I will be out with my snow shovel for a couple of hours today, if the snow stops that is.

#136135 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Weather here as yesterday. Cold, wet, Bleurgh. Brydo, my sympathies. Sure it looks pretty and all but a right sod if you need to do anything. Beeb weather was saying 10-20cm expected both for your area and for Joss. So take care, chaps. Do not want broken bones with A&Es being in the mess they are.

#136138 Reply
    Georgie

Coo!  Where abouts are you, Brydo, roughly?  We’re only getting rain, rain and more rain down here.

On the up side the geese have just flown over from Frensham Pond, heading for Woolmer Pond by the look of it.

#136141 Reply
    joss

@Georgie Brydo resides up in Scotland.

It’s cold and it’s snowing here right now Brrrrr South Yorkshire

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136144 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Well as usual the BBC Weather got it wrong here, sleet last night and a bit of light snow.

In reality we have about 3 to 4″ of snow and it’s been belting down since about 3am.

Luckily I picked up my meds and a bit of essential shopping yesterday as there’s no way the Ateca will be safe to drive in this 🙁

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#136145 Reply
    Georgie

Hi, Joss!

I confess, for some reason I thought you were in north Wales.  That’s why I was wittering on at length about the Red squirrels of Anglesey the other day. 🙂

I’m afraid I haven’t explored South Yorkshire. 🙁  But one of my school friends went to Uni at York and I visited her a lot by train, which would have passed through Sheffield.

#136146 Reply
    Georgie

Flippin’ ‘eck!  Everybody’s getting snow but me and Tharg.

Though, as Tharg says, it’s pretty, but . . .

TC, snow-peeps.

#136147 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I don’t normally comment on the weather, but for those facing adversity, I felt I should report that in Bournemouth it’s warm and slightly moist with a gentle north-westerly breeze.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,333 total)
Reply To: Reply #136404 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: