Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 976 through 1,000 (of 2,012 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #133806 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sorry, TWO-furlong stagger. Much as I love the eccentricity of imperial measurements, the furlong was always difficult to factor.

#133814 Reply
    Georgie

So a third furlough two furlong stagger. 🙂

Gorgeous again this morning.  I like crunchy grass almost as much as I like snow.

Birds less happy, but grated cheese scattered on the ground with the seed will help, I hope.  Squirrel still snoozing.  Starlings have taken to perching on the TV aerial and chattering down the chimney.  Quite nice to listen to while I’m reading.

Which reminds me, Tharg – I’ve finished ‘Full Dark House’ and ‘The Water Room’ and just started reading ‘Seventy-seven Clocks’.  Copies of 4 – 6 arrived yesterday (along with Durrell’s ‘The Corfu Trilogy’).  I’m hooked on books.

#133819 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hi Georgie – so pleased you like Messrs Bryant and May. Was worried it was just me and the London upbringing (I, too, can remember looking over the city from Westminster bridge and the tallest thing in sight being St Paul’s). I am just as hooked on Cadfael. Halfway through Monk’s Hood; will order rest soon.

#133849 Reply
    Brydo

Beautiful day, hardly a cloud in the sky, not a breathe of wind but bloody freezing, although I have the blinds in the conservatory open and the heat from the sun is making it quite pleasant.

#133875 Reply
    Georgie

A conservatory is a definite ‘must have’ for our next home, along with an en suite shower room  and a level drive.

#133890 Reply
    joss

A very sharp frost this morning. How I miss the ford heated windscreen button. It took absolutely ages defrosting the windscreen on the BMW. Much squirty  spay was used as well.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#133946 Reply
    Georgie

Beautiful blue moon last night.  I looked outside at around 2.30am and thought for a moment that it had actually snowed because everything was reflecting the moonlight so brightly.

#133948 Reply
    MickC

Cold and sunny.

#133949 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Bright, small quantity of light, high cloud. Very, VERY cold. Still sub-zero a little after 10am. Winter hat now has absurd furry earole bits deployed.

#133957 Reply
    joss

It’s a very cold -2.5c as i set about de-icing the car. Chilled to the bone I was. Despite having ample blubber, I do so feel the cold. I should get a hat with flaps like yours Tharg.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#133962 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

The charity shops are/were overflowing with such headwear – at least they probably will be when we can go in them again.

#134456 Reply
    Georgie

Another ‘Meh’ morning.  2c in the garden, currently 17c in the sitting-room.  Still no snow, thought we were in with a chance of at least a light dusting over night.  I may have to move to Snowdonia.  🙂  Still, can’t complain – 5 or 6 nights ago it was -6c overnight at RAF Benson  according to my older brother, which is about 3 miles south of where he lives.

Birds are birding, squirrel still sleeping.

#134461 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Much the same here. Not quite frosty, not quite painfully cold, not quite raining (yet). I’d say more Neh than Meh.

#134589 Reply
    Georgie

Best I can say is that, so far, it isn’t drizzling.

🙂

#134610 Reply
    joss

It is gray at the front of the house, whilst blue and white at the rear. It is damp and showers abound. Temp is 3 degrees C.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#134646 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Wet, horrid, aggressively grey

#134737 Reply
    Georgie

Cold.  Grey.

Starlings are squabbling over the fat balls.

#134776 Reply
    joss

Days like this remind me of when I was a miner. Working three shift patten. During the winter months we never seen Day light! for months. Especially the Night shift.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#134778 Reply
    Georgie

The more I read on other Treads the more I agree with your idea about hibernating.  RL is depressing enough at the moment, without having to suffer a toxic atmosphere on-line as well.

#134782 Reply
    joss

Georgie I share your sentiments about the Toxicity levels on line. So sending a weather group hug to you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((👪👪👪 Group Hug🐿🐿🐦🐦🐦))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#134785 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. Nasty weather. Nastier news about covid. Hibernation best answer. Will ask our tortoises what we have to do.    {{{{{{{ 🐢 }}}}}}}} Group hug for all Weather Watchers contemplating hibernating…

#134907 Reply
    Georgie

-3c outside last night.  +15c in the sitting-room first thing this morning, but now up to a balmy +17c.

Very hard frost out the front (car a block of ice again), yet barely any ice on the birdbath out the back.   Birds are busy hoovering up the grated cheese and seed at the moment – I think the fat balls are too hard for their beaks.

#134918 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Very crunchy frost a.m. Now bright, bit of cloud and about 2C. Can’t match you tales of avian activity, Georgie. Even the magpies are pretty quiet. Occasional flock of mixed tits and finches fluttering through, particularly the long-tailed tit in batches of up to 15ish. Car also a block of ice. Thank the gods for front-screen heaters, even if I did have to pay for mine. Not that I’m going anywhere. Lockdown is lockdown.

Have just received my second Cadfael omnibus. Looking forward to getting into it. How DOES she make the mediaeval period seem such a lovely place?

#134920 Reply
    joss

-5 outside last night taken from car temp reading. Everything was white and sparkly with heave frost. This morning -3c and crisp and crunchy under foot. Stay warm team.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#134929 Reply
    Georgie

Trarg – Edith Pargeter (Ellis Peters) was a very intelligent woman, by all accounts, and her knowledge of history mostly self-taught.  Even her Wiki entry makes for an interesting read. 🙂

Joss – Wise Words and well followed, at least around here.  I haven’t been further than the bird table for weeks.

Viewing 25 replies - 976 through 1,000 (of 2,012 total)
Reply To: Reply #135227 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: