Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

This topic contains 350 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Tharg 1 hour, 13 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #112343 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Sunny but cool here today.

#112593 Reply

Brydo

Forecast for my area for the next fortnight coolish but no rain.

#112597 Reply

joss
    Participant

Weather here is an ambient 19 degrees F. No wind or rain ever.

There are 2 temperate zones where humidity is often higher than the ambient temp. These zones are very predictable so easy to plan things around them.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#112719 Reply

brydo

Great day forecast today not too warm, just the way l like it.

#113026 Reply

brydo

The weather has been fantastic here, not a drop of rain for the next two weeks is the forecast. Only thing is all the moss in the garden is dead and the lawn is a bit of a mess.

#113451 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

21 degrees and a gentle easterly has forced me to get out and cut the grass at the back. I’ve rewarded myself a Stella. I’m now contemplating doing the front and some strimming but that will be another Stella, and I have to go food shopping soon.

Decisions, decisions…

#113475 Reply

Briggsy
    Participant

It’s looking good here but the weather temp wise is like a yo-yo at the moment I had a cardy on yesterday today shorts

#113476 Reply

Tharg

Sunny, warm (16C and climbing, should hit 20ish), wind moderated from yesterday. Overall just brilliant. Shorts, T-shirt, Panama hat. Gentle mowing of lawn with lots of breaks for lime-and-soda. Mmmmmm!

#113484 Reply

Georgie

All ready 20c down here.  Patio doors open, watching the birds going mad in the bird baths.

Yesterday I managed to get behind the rhodies and debramble with the secateurs.  3 x 10 minutes stints, but I got the beggers!

Today is a ‘Day of rest’, but tomorrow I hope to get out with the long-handled loppers and remove some of the Philbert saplings, too.  My own fault – during winder I put hazelnuts out for the resident squirrel, and he tends to follow the ‘Eat one, Bury one’ rule. 🙂

#113491 Reply

Tharg

On the other hand… clement weather has disadvantages at the moment: madam T, who is on govt Clinically Extremely Vulnerable list, thought it might be worth risking a walk (Boris says she can, a bit). All roads packed with parked cars; people from same out on shore (W Sussex) in hundreds; none observing social distancing. When a bunch of disease vectors, sorry I mean kids, started to walk right alongside her, she had to run to try and escape. Kids kept up. She asked father, politely, to keep vectors at distance, the reply was rude in the extreme. Ran faster to get away. Not going out again, thank you.

Really! Faced with such stupid, ignorant, aggressive thugs – who seem to be in the majority – it makes me wonder whether it’d actually be a good thing when the virus wipes us out!

#113493 Reply

Georgie

Unfortunately, Tharg, there is no vaccine against Stupid.  I hope Mrs. T. is okay.  It must have been frightening, to say the least.

{{{Mrs. T.}}}

Perhaps, especially considering the heat at the moment, it might be better for her to get out before the locusts arrive, or in the evening after they’re swarmed off back home?   Not exactly fair in your own town, but maybe safer?

#113510 Reply

Tharg

Yup, Georgie. Your advice is gratefully received. Best to leave it until the lemmings have gone (sadly, no cliffs here!).

#113514 Reply

Brydo

Great day here today, it’s strange how the heat makes you tired in my case so does the cold and all temperatures in between.

#113526 Reply

Georgie

Last week we still had the heating on.  This week we’re firing up the air conditioning.  This country can never do anything in moderation . . .

#113527 Reply

Tharg

Outside temperature passing 20s right now (30ish inside kitchen but it does have a glass roof). Also turning on aircon, okay, opening windows front and back along the line of wind direction!

#113530 Reply

Georgie

“30ish inside kitchen but it does have a glass roof” – Hmm.  Letting the Sun half-cook your food before you put it in the oven, thus saving on gas.  #1 Cunning Plan and Good for the Planet.

🙂

#113531 Reply

brydo

We had the air con on yesterday, or as we call it up here “opening the windows” lol, but cold and wet, so far, today.

#113540 Reply

Tharg

Greenhouse-effect kitchen also good for bringing joints up to room temperature before cooking and for relatively rapid defrosting.

#113541 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Tharg, as if by magic the rain has stopped and the sun is out, the conservatory is like a furnace.

Still dark clouds in the sky so I am expecting a mixed day.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Brydo.

#113545 Reply

Tharg

Yup, Brydo. Just watching Beeb weather and “mixed” is the word for it in your area. Lots of blue swinging across, with some flashy bangey things too!

#113549 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Tharg its beautiful here now, bright blue skies now.

#113572 Reply

Mike

Been hot and sunny here again sat in garden with pint of cider

#113580 Reply

Georgie

Sitting here in near darkness with the patio doors open, listening to the blackbirds.  Thermometers are currently reading 23c in the sitting-room, 26c upstairs and 18c outside.  One episode of Star Trek while it cools down upstairs, and then bed time.

#113608 Reply

Tharg

Glad I’m not the only one captivated by blackbird song. Our one sings from tree right outside kitchen, where I am normally working at song-time. I don’t bother listening to my own music when he’s hammering away because he drowns out the CDs. This year’s singer is spectacular – have christened him Benny, after Signor Beniamino Gigli, because one’s feathered tenor can do all the little twiddly bits that fit in between the main melody, just like Gigli. Seriously, have not heard such amazing detail from a blackbird; so many bits to the song!

#113611 Reply

brydo

“Batten down the hatches”, very strong winds just now and forecast to last until tomorrow night.

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 350 total)
Reply To: Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: