Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,801 through 2,825 (of 3,332 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Tharg
      Participant

Started grey and well windy. Cleared a couple of hours back, wind moderated. Now sunny, warm and making 22C. Luckily, this is the one part of Sussex not affected by hosepipe ban so I can still use it to get to the unwaterable hanging baskets and bags. Everything else done with watering can (low level pots) or not at all (lawn). Quite pleased to have to use the “manual” watering method – gives me more time outside doing stuff.

kezo
        Participant

Are cul de sac makes me laugh @Tharg when ever there is a hosepipe ban. You can guarantee when darkness starts to fall everyone is out with the hosepipe. Mind you the amount of rain weve had the past couple of days they wouldn’t dare bring one in. Yet it ok for water companies to waste millions of gallons a day through leaks.

Tharg
          Participant

Yup @kezo so agree about water company leaks. Recent press release from Southern Water confesses that burst pipes of the company account for the majority of leaks. Quite lucky here, though. This bit of Sussex is right on border of Southern Water and South East Water. Reckon that both of them think we are the responsibility of the other one and we are ignored in the hosepipe-ban stakes!

Participant

west of scotland water levels are not too bad, although lower than normal. east and south are low tho. we get ours from the west although am centralish..

locally our grass is still fairly lush green so must have been a reasonable rainfall overall.

England; especially south always have water issues due to poor levels of water collection and as said, far too many leaks.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
              Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

joss

It has been a much fresher day today. 25 C but with a lovely cooling breeze.

@Kezo
                sorry to hear you having trades issues. So many cowboys about these days. Modern apprentices 6 months and they are qualified to mess up the job. When I was a lad of 15 I did a full 5 year endentured apprenticeship in Plastering. Block release at college 6 weeks of college and 6 weeks on site training.

Modern apprentices, Pha! I do hope that you get it sorted Kezo. I hope you have not paid him?

Joss
                Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

joss

Are cul de sac makes me laugh @Tharg when ever there is a hosepipe ban. You can guarantee when darkness starts to fall everyone is out with the hosepipe. Mind you the amount of rain weve had the past couple of days they wouldn’t dare bring one in. Yet it ok for water companies to waste millions of gallons a day through leaks.

And the “solution” is to forces all to have water meters so we don’t use to much water!. Like you guys have said, fix the leaks first. Water co’s in the south are notorious for not fixing leaks, and they get away with that.

Joss

kezo
                  Participant
                    Tharg
                    Participant

Much brighter  this morning. Doing 21C already, perfectly clear, jolly nice. More watering called for. Moreover, since we do not have a ban, am tempted to use the hosepipe. Have taken a note of time that hose is on and compared with time taken to fill watering can(s) and I believe I actually use less water with the hosepipe. Difference being that I can control the spray pattern and flow rate on the hose which I cannot with the cans. Ho hum…

kezo
                      Participant

No rain so thats a bonus. Blue sky with minimal cloud 13c outside 21c in

ajn

Rather pleasant, don’t hear that very often in our days, maybe we could all learn something from the pleasant weather we’re enjoying at the mo 🙂..

Oh yeah, 19* clear skies, light breeze too

kezo
                          Participant

Nice morning currently 10c

Should be a pleasant 3hr drive, visiting family for the weekend.

joss

Yes It is a lovely morning here too. 12.5c due to a lovely breeze.

Joss

Participant

about 13c here… some sun on occasion here but a lot darker cloud looking like taking over. i expect a drop of rain

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

ajn

Cool dry breezy cloudy 19*

Fishing hook jammed the pump of the washing machine, water every where to remove it, Mrs not happy after me moaning what you put in there, turned out my fault 🤣

Tharg
                                  Participant

Started well chilly – 14C in early hours. Got steadily warmer, peaked at 23C, still doing it now. Sunny, light wind, fluffy, fair-weather cloud. Perfect British Summer day. Cheers, weather gods – much appreciated.

joss

Another 30C forecast for next week folks.

To day is off to a bright start. Blue sky and the odd fluffy cloud floating by. Temps feel cool just now but will get warmer later on.

Joss

Tharg
                                      Participant

Another cracking day. Bright, clear, making 23C but feels much warmer because of very light, if any, wind. Met Office actually forecast zero mph wind with no direction shown – right smack in the middle of the high pressure zone, I suppose.

kezo
                                        Participant

Lovely weekend visiting family in Newcastle under Lyme over the weekend. Slightly cooler weather back home this morning. 14c sunny.

It’s a warm and comfortable 24c here at the moment (rising to 27c later), at least that’s what I thought until I went out on to the roof patio. It feels like 30c plus already! The roof patio has a large floor area of seasoned oak, and is surrounded by one metre high oak fencing and rails that are covered in Wisteria which is just starting to flower again for the second time this year.

With so much wood soaking up heat in direct sunlight this is a real sun trap.  Factor 50 territory.😎

kezo
                                            Participant

Sound lovely @POPS, when are we all invied round for a bbq 🙂

Wisteria. Has that go bluey flowers that hang down similar to bluebells?  Though not a fan of lots f flowers as the bugs and insects seem more attracted to me.

Sound lovely @POPS, when are we all invied round for a bbq 🙂 Wisteria. Has that go bluey flowers that hang down similar to bluebells? Though not a fan of lots f flowers as the bugs and insects seem more attracted to me.

You’re correct keso. Our Wisteria is ancient! Some of the wood takes two hands to encircle it. Being very well established it produces hundreds of fronds of these beautiful lilac and purple flowers that can reach a foot or more in length. The scent is a delicate sweet lilac perfume.

Tharg
                                                Participant

Same as but two degrees or so warmer, doing 25C right now. Jolly pleasant.

@POPS
                                                  deeply in the land of envy about your wisteria.  Have one poor sad sprig trying to mske a go of it in our back garden. Next door neighbour has some making a beautiful spread on the front of house. Would do the same with ours but would mean digging up large lumps of driveway which, sadly, ain’t going to happen. I’ll just stick with the bags, baskets and boxes. Done well this year, look…

That is a wonderful display Tharg. You should be very proud.

kezo
                                                    Participant

Very nice, healthy looking hanging basets @Tharg 🙂

I did have sunflowers but the warm weather has made them flower to early and are now dying off.

kezo
                                                      Participant

@POPS would you mind putting a picture up of your Wisteria when you get 5.  Would like to see them and show my wife please 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 2,801 through 2,825 (of 3,332 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.