Whats the weather like where you are today take 2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86130 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ive noticed a problem with the original thread, taking me to page 1 of the thread. Assuming its the same problem as my original Brexit thread (stolen by WMC lol) that there were too many pages, i have started another weather thread (stolen from lightbodyae55 lol).

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,576 through 2,600 (of 2,910 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #188201 Reply
    struth
    Participant

in comparison im watching Casablanca and having a wee malt.

Have you ever tried welsh whisky. Penderyn use a single copper pot still which produces a flavourful spirit of extraordinary strength and purity and was designed by Dr David Faraday, descendent of the ground-breaking Victorian scientist, Michael Faraday. https://www.penderyn.wales/our-process/ This whisky is the original Penderyn ‘house style single malt’, aged in ex-bourbon barrels and finished in ex-Madeira wine casks to bring out its full gold character. It is bottled at 46% abv. It has won gold awards since 2017. Personally I’m not a whisky fan more of a rum or G&T drinker, but family members say like a wee dram of whisky and like this one 🙂

I had a bottle of Penderyn once; think it was a wined one using Madeira casks as the finish but cant overly remember other than i didnt particularly like it. might have been the wine. anyway i gave it away to a friend after several attempts to drink it. Ive still got a little Hellyers rd pinot noir finish, which is from tasmania. ive never managed to finish it in the years its been open. I like sherry finishes and port ones too on occasion though. the wine ones are just a bit overpowering for me.

i need to try a penderyn without a finish in it to be sure of its house style so maybe get that one day.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#188218 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Thanks kezo. My apologies for hijacking the weather thread with discussions about golden nectar, lol. I’ll try and remember to post on our “Daily Digest” with any other non weather libation related comments.

Maybe a new thread “Whats your favourite tipple” or something as it maybe easier to reference if someone is looking to try something ne. @struth can be our resident whisky/whiskey expert:-)

#188220 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

I like sherry finishes and port ones too on occasion though. the wine ones are just a bit overpowering for me.

I believe they also do a sherrywood and portwood both bottled at 46%. They also do a rich oak which is bottled at 50% 🙂

They can be seen on the link I posted as well as their others “icons of Wales”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Weather wise shaping up to be a better day although still only 12c and partly cloudy.

#188254 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Another brilliant day. Bright, sunny, 14C at the moment and heading for 22C later according to forecast. No rain, light winds. A chap’s watering can is going to be busy today.

#188267 Reply
    joss

Over cast but very humid here. No wind or rain.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#188346 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

The sun has got his hat on hip-hip-hip hooray
    The sun has got his hat on
    And he’s coming out today
    Now we’ll all be happy
    Hip-hip-hip hooray
    The sun has got his hat on
    And he’s coming out today 😉

#188349 Reply
    joss

Lovely day, lovely day.

When I wake up in the morning, love
    And the sunlight hurts my eyes
    And something without warning, love
    Bears heavy on my mind

Then I look at you
    And the world’s alright with me
    Just one look at you
    And I know it’s gonna be
    A lovely day
    (Lovely day, lovely day, lovely day, lovely day)
    A lovely day

Bill Withers

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by joss.

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#188351 Reply
    POPS

A lovely daaaaaaaaaay!

#188352 Reply
    POPS

A very sunny and pleasant 22C here in the hills. I’m going to the lovely old market town of Ledbury in a moment. It’s just ten minutes away and a couple of hundred years back in time.

(I might pop into ye olde Aldi, just to ruin the illusion.😁)

#188353 Reply
    struth
    Participant

an okay day here lol.  better than its been and about 17c now. intermittant sunshine

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#188354 Reply
    joss

@POPS nice one sir. Enjoy Ye Olde Aldi in all it’s glory. I hear they are running a special on mangle wurzels  buy 4 and get 1 free.

Joss

#188355 Reply
    POPS

Thanks for the info Joss. I’m counting my groats as we speak.

#188397 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Same as… Sunny, warm, lovely. Temperature peaked at 25C a couple of hours back. Much gardening to be done which, tragically, ain’t gonna happen anytime soon.  Wonky back went wonkier yesterday; walking really painful; picking up anything like a watering can impossible. Bugger! Now crammed full of tramadol, paracetamol and valium – and sporting lidocaine patches in vain hope that it might improve.

BTW @POPS Heard that Aldi stopped taking groats because of brexit. Doubloons only accepted now.

#188516 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Here comes the sun do, do, do
    Here comes the sun
    And I say it’s all right…….

#188521 Reply
    joss

22.5 c outside this morning at 09:00am. Last night it was so uncomfortable in bed that i gave up at 02:00am

Joss

#188529 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

As before, but hotter. Doing 27C in garden right now. Forecast to nudge 30C. Sympathies to those here who suffer under the heat. Must confess, I am just loving it. 🌞

#188541 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Left the West Midlands at 11:30 this morning 27C not a cloud in the sky, arrived in North Wales 3hrs later 17C no sky in the cloud.

Daughters motability car SEAT Arona 1.6 diesel manual Excellence Lux.
    My car SEAT Ibiza SE Tec 1.2 petrol TSI 2017.
    Motability car on order Vauxhall Grandland 1.5 diesel automatic Ultimate.

#188542 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Oh my the sky has gone awfully dark as if its going to iss it down.

#188587 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Heavy rain and dull at the moment.

#188591 Reply
    POPS

mist and drizzle …. should that be mizzle?

I can”t see the Cotswold ridge and with just a very light breeze it looks like a damp day ahead.

There’s still a quiet beauty to it though.

#188613 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Started same as: clear, sunny, no wind and dead hot. Garden thermometer hit 30C just before lunch.Been “downhill” since then. Clouded up with a few light showers of warm rain with great big drops. Delightfully British-summer weather. Got a tad more windy but still need full air-con: i.e. all windows which will open are open. Temperature now down to 25C. Big thunderstorms forecast tonight. ⛈️

#188647 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Well, here’s a change! Grey, cool (16C – ten degrees lower than yesterday) and skies threatening a jolly good downpour. Had a real doozy of a thunderstorm last night, most entertaining!

#188700 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Much improved this morning. No cloud, quite warm (15C at the moment). Forecast says bright, sunny and warmer for next four days or so. Watering can will be overworked!

#188704 Reply
    joss

Joss

#188710 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Partly sunny 19c. At least its not raining.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,576 through 2,600 (of 2,910 total)
Reply To: Reply #155434 in Whats the weather like where you are today take 2
Your information: