What you up to today?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

I’m a carer to my wife and I’ve been retired for a lot of years so each day I try to do something, it doesn’t need to be much but just something, like a target so I can feel like something has been accomplished every day.

Today is a lovely day so I’m walking over to the pharmacy to pick up my meds.

Yesterday I washed some windows, so nothing major, just something.

So how have you been today and have you been able/chosen to do anything?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

I went to the shops and got the ingredients for a ham salad and spent an hour weeding in the garden. I’m determined not to use any weed killer this year, successful so far, but it’s only May!

joss

I only wish I do these things Brydo. What I can do is help to Mod WMC lol if that counts? 😊

Joss
          Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Brydo
          Participant

@Jojoe weeding tomorrow for me and a few plants to be put in tubs.

@Joss
            that’s always the problem with posting a topic like this. I’m sure there are a number of other members in the same situation like you, unable to do what they could previously πŸ˜”. So you can be in danger if upsetting members and that, off course, is not the intention.

Participant

I seem to have done so much today, as we went to Sainsburys this morning, then I pumped the cars up on wife’s car, changed the Ring doorbell battery, put up a bracket for a hanging basket, washed some bird muck off my car windscreen, watered all my seedlings, removed some blanket weed from the pond and filled the bird feeders. I was feeling really pleased with myself until I realised that I used to do all of that stuff in about an hour before I became ill. Small victories I guess!

Brydo
              Participant

@Willis your just showing off now πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Participant

@Willis your just showing off now πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ You’re starting to sound like my wife!

Brydo
                  Participant

Have you ever seen me and your wife in the same room at the same time. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Participant

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Brydo
                      Participant

Had the kids up last night as it was a beautiful night. It was my bright idea but the wife had to spoil it. β€œIf the kids are coming, with partners, you need to paint the decking areas.

So a few hours of painting in the baking hot sun and I was nearly finished just then the stain ran out. Up to screwfix for another tin but none left. Managed to get some at B and Q and finished within half an hour.

I was expecting accolades from the kids but they didn’t even noticeπŸ˜”

We had a great night though and that’s the main thing.

When I woke this morning I was sore all over but I couldn’t believe when the wife almost said well done, she actually said β€œare you getting up before lunch” lol

Phaedra
                        Participant

Up at 6:30 this morning, packed the car and dragged my Autistic son out of bed at 7:00, managed to get out and away by 7:30.

We were off to Ponteland MoD range as my club had a shoot on and I’m the only RCO (Range Conducting Officer) that’s currently signed off to run shoots on MoD property.Β  I’d booked around 25 members in to shoot but only 16 turned up!.

Started just after 9:00 at 100m then moved back to 300m about 11:00.Β  By that time I was kn@ckered!, pain meds only last for so long!.Β  The weather was excellent!, unlike last month with almost gale force winds and rain!.Β  My son shot quite well but didn’t want to shoot at 300m, and of course with me running it I didn’t get to shoot at all πŸ™

That’s the third shoot in a row that I’ve had to run, next shoot one of our other RCO’s will be running it, or I’m cancelling it!.

We’re hoping to get onto the Otterburn training area shortly but they’re very busy training the Ukrainians.Β  Warcop training area (Cumbria) is also a possiblity, we can shoot out to about 1600m there which makes things a bit more challenging πŸ™‚

Home by 1pm, quick cup of tea, more pain meds and off to bed forΒ  few hours!Β  It’s an exciting life! πŸ™‚

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.