what would you really like

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Stewart 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68384 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i am 18 months away from the end of my current lease a mini 3dr auto 7 chilli cooper.which i love but i have a slipped disc pressing on my sciatic nerve in addition to my spine and knee problems for which i get wpms.

its getting to be a real issue, hopefully they will sort it with a spinal injection on the 24th but if not i am going to have to get something higher and easier to get in and out of. i dont need lots of  seats theres just me so in a sense a 2dr 2 seat suv will do lol. having looked around theres not a lot on the scheme that i would rush to get.

one that will appeal and will i think be relatively cheap will be the suzuki jimny due to be launched later this year.

but if you could afford the outragious ap etc what would you like to be on the scheme and try and keep it sensible no lambos or ferraris eh! we get enough grief off the daily fail.

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #68646 Reply

Gillie

Hi

Does anyone know if the brand new Skoda Scala will be on the scheme ? I really like the look of it , the prototype was unveiled last month. There has been mention that it will go on sale in April. My lease ends in March, can I hold onto my car a bit longer or does it have to be a year?

Many thanks

#68651 Reply

mitch
    Participant

rarely do cars come on the scheme at launch so i reckon you will need to extend 6 months to be sure.

but i think you can swap at any time once the 3 yrs are up you dont have to extend for a set time.

#68683 Reply

Trev

I’ll be really boring, as i love the Mazda CX-5 we have – the wife has spinal degeneration and the car is just at the right height for her to slip in/out from – not climb or fall from.

So what i would really like to see is the new GT Sport nav+ trim of the cx-5 on the scheme.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#68686 Reply

Stewart

You only have to read this forum to see that we are in the minority in wanting better and more powerful cars.

A lot of people are wetting themselves at the thought of the new Kia, Hyundai etc coming onto the scheme or when the Qashqai is getting a better gearbox.

As long as this continues, the scheme will continue on it’s same path.

We also seem like a dumping ground for soon to be obsolete models or slow selling ones.

#68690 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i hardly think the jimny is better or more powerful stewart, and there are a good choice of cars on the scheme. i am not a fan of the bhp cap but as with any govt allce there has to be a price cap. there ought though be an option for those with the means to pay a higher ap if they wish to and can afford it. the scheme is there to help those restricted by disability to be mobile when many would not be able to get a vehicle any other way.

the lack of different designs i think is more of an issue many models are pretty much identical and that restricts choice when it comes to adaptions etc. smaller boot openings in particular for those that needs hoists etc i think is getting a problem.

many struggle to afford the current system due to their personal circumstances and it can be a lifeline so i think your criticisms a tad harsh.

#68719 Reply

solent60
    Participant

You only have to read this forum to see that we are in the minority in wanting better and more powerful cars. A lot of people are wetting themselves at the thought of the new Kia, Hyundai etc coming onto the scheme or when the Qashqai is getting a better gearbox. As long as this continues, the scheme will continue on it’s same path. We also seem like a dumping ground for soon to be obsolete models or slow selling ones.

I might be wide of the mark here – but I think it’s probably got something to do with Motability being scared to death of adverse publicity regarding certain models on the scheme! As others have mentioned on this very forum, some would love to see Jaguar/Land Rover for example… and top of the range sporty models from BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. Whilst the AP for such vehicles might not be a problem for certain drivers (and probably running into thousands of pounds for those with the ability to pay it), the likes of the Daily Mail etc would have a field day reporting ‘disabled drivers’ running around in top-notch Jags, Beemers & Range Rover Evoques!!! I wouldn’t think the Mail would listen for one second any counter arguments that these cars were very few & far between and for wealthier recipients – only that we’re all on them!

Motability have had a tough enough time recently as it is with adverse publicity. I think they would prefer to keep their heads below the parapet when it comes to AP’s, posh car makes and Daily Mail reporters!

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  solent60.
    #68723 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

After the struggle we had finding a car with 82cm tailgate height for a wheelchair hoist, I’d just like to see some of the larger SUVs available again.  🙁

#68724 Reply

Tardelli

Fiesta ST

#68792 Reply

HammerHead
    Participant

Gillie

My lease ends in March, can I hold onto my car a bit longer or does it have to be a year?

My wife and I just extended due to all the malarkey with diesels being dropped (couldn’t get an X-trail or CX-5 for love nor money. Finally called motability and given choice of extending for 1 or 2 years, with the proviso that you can change at any point 🙂 Also the good condition bonus goes up to £500 end of year 4  and £800 end of year 5.

Anyways hope to see the X-trail hybrid and Rav-4 hybrid in the next month or so. Anyone know what motabilitys take on general is re hybrids as they do not see to be so Pro Green?

#68834 Reply

Stewart

I bet the Daily Fail don’t report on how we are being ripped off on these deals.

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
Reply To: what would you really like

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: