what would you really like

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Stewart 3 days, 15 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68384 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i am 18 months away from the end of my current lease a mini 3dr auto 7 chilli cooper.which i love but i have a slipped disc pressing on my sciatic nerve in addition to my spine and knee problems for which i get wpms.

its getting to be a real issue, hopefully they will sort it with a spinal injection on the 24th but if not i am going to have to get something higher and easier to get in and out of. i dont need lots of  seats theres just me so in a sense a 2dr 2 seat suv will do lol. having looked around theres not a lot on the scheme that i would rush to get.

one that will appeal and will i think be relatively cheap will be the suzuki jimny due to be launched later this year.

but if you could afford the outragious ap etc what would you like to be on the scheme and try and keep it sensible no lambos or ferraris eh! we get enough grief off the daily fail.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #68385 Reply

Stuart

For me i would like to see the Jaguar E-pace or the new Range Rover Evoque. I dont think either of those models are too far out of reach regarding price although i know we will never see them on the scheme.

#68388 Reply

Markymate

The Ford Edge, or the L & K version of the Kodiaq.  But sadly can’t see either of them getting on, especially with Skoda’s aggressive pricing on Motability.

#68389 Reply

Stewart

Golf R

VW Arteon

BMW new 3 series 320D M Sport

4 Series BMW

Audi A5

Leon Cupra

Ateca Cupra

DS3 Performance (not performance line)

#68390 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I would like a Porsche 911 automatic of course, and a low AP, unfortunately my wife made me sell my old sports car, I could not get in or out without ending up on the floor.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#68391 Reply

Bepto
    Participant

Would love to see the VW California on there instead of the Transporter Shuttle.

#68394 Reply

jamesg

Megane  GT     Audi Q3     Audi  A4     Audi  A3  Saloon   Hyundai  Santa  FE   Alfa Giulia   BMW X1 25d   Citeron DS5   Ford Focus STs   Kia Pro Ceed GT   Merc C Class   Skoda Octavia VRS   Volvo XC60   Volvo V60   All these cars have been on the scheme in the last 2years. Just bring them back!

#68395 Reply

Macca

CRV Hybrid

Rav4 Hybrid

Xtrail Hybrid

Tucson Hybrid

Sportage Hybrid

Would be interested in all of em if self charging

#68401 Reply

solent60
    Participant

Mitch ; you might want to take a look at the new DS3 Crossback that’s coming out late Spring/early Summer 2019. I had a DS3 on the Motability scheme back when they were first launched & loved that car!

#68409 Reply

mitch
    Participant

solent60 many years ago i had the first edition citroen c3 it was a bit beetleish and it was an excellant basic car with a decent driving position. i did like it and if i had a shortlist i think the new one would be an option and if ds are doing a version def an option as ds usually have all the toys and a bit better interiour design.

#68438 Reply

solent60
    Participant

This month (January) is the last month you can order a DS3 as we know it. DS are clearing all showroom stock in readiness for the new DS3 Crossback which is the only model they will produce from now on. It’s a shame really as the original DS3 was, and still is in my eyes, one of the smartest looking little supermini’s on the road. Infact – DS sell more DS3’s here in the UK than they do in their native France!

Anyway, the new DS3 looks smashing I think and will sell in good numbers I would think. Despite being taller & chunkier than its predecessor, I think the designers have done a great job both inside & out. It’s a bit pricey – but then so was the DS3 in its previous guise. Definitely one for me to consider when I change my car in the future…

#68458 Reply

Stewart

Would be nice if we got that model rather than what we will get.

#68467 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Yeah, I can see it now, the lovely thing in the video will either never make it on to the scheme or if it does it will have a ludicrous AP (should be A(arm) L(leg) P.

We will end up with a turd filled snotbox with extras like…… seats and…… wheels…… and maybe a hairdryer under the bonnet if we’re lucky!

Nice to know what motability actually thinks we deserve. Great Q1 list.

#68468 Reply

Philjb

We got a new 2.0 diesel sel Tiguan auto SEL in the colour we wanted and ended up with the dealer owing us. As we had a px of out own.  We could have had it in days but I had to go into hospital for a short time

I really rate the Tiguan, we had a fully loaded version touran before, but this is much more practicle.

It’s the comfort you notice most and how much quicker it warms up.

It  has the full panoramic sunroof  and heated massage front seat. Which I find so relaxing  also it has the digital dash and loads of other tech

a lot of car and very well designed for non tech folk like me

#68485 Reply

Georgie

The 150bhp Seat Arona 1.5 TSI Evo FR.  Though the pricing is well within the cap we’re only allowed to have the desperately under-powered 1.0 litre, 113bhp models.  The 1.5 model’s less than £23k, for flips sake, and only Group 18 Insurance!  Every Quarter I look for it and every time I’m disappointed.

#68489 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Hmmm, not an unrealistic list…Hyundai Santa FE, Kia Sorento, Ford Edge, Mazda CX9

Bigger AP’s: BMW X3, Audi Q5, MB GLC,

Theres a theme there, decent sized cars/crossovers to replace the dying/killed off MPV availability.

Might be swayed by other larger cars with a decent spec (lookin’ at you, poverty spec Allspace!).

#68491 Reply

Georgie

Yes!

#68492 Reply

Georgie

Hm.  That “Yes” was intended to support Bepto’s request for the VW California, but it just got dumped at the bottom of the page.  Sorry.

#68496 Reply

Markymate

Abercol, you forgot the best 7 seat large SUV on the scheme. The Skoda Kodiaq.

#68517 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i like the look of the suzuki jimny thats out this year and just seen the post elsewhere of a concept version as a pickup, that would appeal to me as i am on my own dont really carry passengers but a decent load space would be good. it looks good too. the jimny has a look about it that appeals and does what i need it to do i dont need a fast motorway cruiser so that will go on my wish list along with the ds3 crossback to test drive when the time comes. the only other one that catches my eye is the toyota hcr at present. otherwise i will keep the mini or upgrade to the countryman.

#68518 Reply

Rico

<i>I am suprised no jaguar on the scheme tbh as its in budget cheaper than some of the Mercedes, BMW options and it will be supporting British workers… That for me is a no brainer. </i>

#68520 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Haha Markymate, no, just didn’t mention the Kodiaq as it is already on the scheme, I saw this as a chance to list what could be added, rather than what is already here.

I just hope there is still a decent choice in 2021 without selling my kidneys for the AP at my next changeover.

#68525 Reply

Markymate

I’m with you on that one Abercol.  I try and squirrel away a bit each week towards the next AP, and if it comes down to flogging a kidney, boy, am I in trouble!!!!

#68537 Reply

solent60
    Participant

i like the look of the suzuki jimny thats out this year and just seen the post elsewhere of a concept version as a pickup, that would appeal to me as i am on my own dont really carry passengers but a decent load space would be good. it looks good too. the jimny has a look about it that appeals and does what i need it to do i dont need a fast motorway cruiser so that will go on my wish list along with the ds3 crossback to test drive when the time comes. the only other one that catches my eye is the toyota hcr at present. otherwise i will keep the mini or upgrade to the countryman.

Funnily enough, I was watching (as you do) several in-depth reviews on YouTube last night about the new Suzuki Jimny. It looks great in that yellow/lime green colour. Like you Mitch, I rarely carry passengers & don’t need a fast, motorway cruiser – so the Jimny ticks a lot of boxes… not least its funky, retro looks! I find the vast majority of cars available today completely bland, dull & boring. What is wrong with car designers these days?

My very first Motability car was a Vauxhall Tigra. I loved its looks & it served me well. I tend to go for something “different”. Some years ago I had a DS3 on the scheme – because that too looked wonderful when it first appeared on the road. Great little car! It’s a year this weekend that my Mini Cooper 1.5 auto was written off – thanks to a Volvo XC-90 pulling out in front of me at 38 mph because he “didn’t see me”. The Mini wasn’t even 2-years old. I loved that little car (first Mini I’d ever owned) – but I became fed up with so many near misses in it because other drivers (yes, mainly van drivers) look up at a junction/roundabout – see a Mini & instantly think “Pah – woman driver” – and then pull out – forcing me to brake sharply or take avoidance measures. In the end, as much as I loved the Mini’s drive, I thought “If you can’t beat them – join them”.

So I opted for the Toyota C-HR 1.2 turbo which I have had for almost 11-months now & love to bits! It’s high-riding (hence the name C-HR; Coupe – High Rider) and I sit in traffic looking over most other vehicles instead of being almost invisible like I was in the Mini. Most of all – the C-HR looks fantastic with its futuristic curves, angles & swoops. Each to their own of course.

Just for fun/interest, I always keep an eye on all the latest cars being released by various manufacturers & read all of the online motoring mags. If I had to choose a car tomorrow though – I would be stumped! The vast majority look dull, bland & just not my cup of tea whatsoever. I would struggle to make a decision! The new Jimny looks great… as does the DS3 Crossback… and I like the Mazda CX-3… but… erm… after that, just about everything else is just a square box with a wheel in each corner!!!

#68566 Reply

mitch
    Participant

solent60 my thoughts exactly, i am pleased you like the hcr and your thoughts mirror mine i love the design and as you say the rest seem to be mirror images of each other.. ive got 18 months to my handover date so i am hoping the jimny will be on by then and any ap settled down to a reasonable level they seem to come on at a high rate then go down a little as sales settle. i am fortunate if thats the right word that i get wpms so the ap,s are a little more affordable.

#68609 Reply

Richard Harding

I would love to see the Audi A4 and BMW X3 on the scheme I think that the OTR prices are a little higher than motability ceiling. But no harm in dreaming though

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
Reply To: what would you really like

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: