What type of car will your next car be?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

This is a screenshot from Fleetnews showing the results of the above question.

I was happy to see that pure electric cars came out 21% of the vote and that Diesel is still a fav at 41%.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

My next car WILL be petrol but only because that’s what comes out on top based on my needs/wants criteria, had a diesel or hybrid met those criteria I would have preferred either.

I would consider pure electric if I had somewhere to charge but we have on street parking and it’s about 20 metres from door to street.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Skoda Karoq SEL.

Oscarmax
        Participant

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Juro but it is a bit basic with an AP of £3499

VW Tiguan excellent AP at present, lead time awful plus it is diesel, not sure how clean this diesel engine is compared to the new Mercedes and BMW.

New Toyota RAV4 pictures look a bit dull need to look at one in real life.

New Cord Kuga looks nice, but Ford are relatively new too the market plus not sure what the AP will be.

At present due to all the changes I am a bit confused, but I have until May 2020 to see how the markets are.

Participant

I’m on my 3rd Golf petrol my next car in 23 months time will be a Hybrid either the new Seat Leon hybrid out later this year or the new Rav 4 which should be nil AP by then for the top of the range also I def want keyless as sick of fumbling for keys in pocket

Georgie

Probably hybrid.  But that’s literally 3 years away for me so there’s no point speculating any further. 🙂

ChrisK
              Participant

My next car will be based on the same criteria as my current diesel car i.e. 5 or 7 seats with room for hoist and scooter in the back using seat spaces 6 and 7 for the scooter and a reasonable AP.

What drives it along the road in neither here or there but hope it would be a hybrid of some sort but that’s out of my hands and no doubt, pocket

Ian

July is ordering time for us……..Rav4 maybe?

Anonymous

I tried to get an extended test drive in an all electric Zoe yesterday. Couldn’t get one!

When I did find a dealer with a demonstrator they would not let me take it out by myself. They said they weren’t insured for that.

I’m telling you they don’t want you to have all electric.

Philjb

Diesel I’ll probably buy this one. I love it that much in this colour and spec. Amazingly practical and comfortable car.  ??

crazyDiamond

im going from an old but very well looked after Hyundai Tucson to a very different nissan juke i test drove loads of different cars but mrs diamond made my mind up for me

SaintsMan

Probably diesel as the xdrive X1 only comes in diesel, at the moment anyway.

Macca

The Juke is an interesting choice after a Tucson. I’ve only been in one Juke and it felt very jittery on the road, reminded me of an XR2i I had some years ago.

Along the way I made the mistake of going from an Xtrail to a Mokka and again it had that jittery feel to it. Small Suv’s are far lighter. Just be absolutely sure on it before you make the call. I very much regretted down sizing. And went back to a larger suv.

Carmad
                            Participant

Petrol Hybrid for me.  Most likely the Hyundai Ioniq Premium SE if the AP is kept as it is this quarter @ £599.  Can’t order until August though so will wait and see.  If not that then either Toyota Corolla or C-HR.

vinalspin
                              Participant

If the AP’s keep jumping up for no good reason(one I was looking at shot up nearly a grand this quarter) then I will be leaving and buying private.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.