what to do?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #170398 Reply
    struth
    Participant

So as it seems i wont get permission to fit the charger on my drive by housing association, what should i do?

Granny charging, especially in winter isnt really sensible as a window or door has to be kept open and an 8hr charge gives very little.  The fast chargers areoud here are very few and often not working .

Do i cancel the bev or keep it and hope it will get better?

Im at a loss tbh and ready to just throw in towel

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 11 replies - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #173702 Reply
    Simon

Hi Struth

Not sure if you have Octopus go tariff, its 5p from 12.30-4.30 am. I can give you a link for £50 each if you go to them.

I would recommend joining Speak EV forum cos they great I am on there. Was but huntingtons put me out of work.

so even cheaper than petrol. You say the unit slow charge is it a 7.4 kw, One thing i remeber best is I was never fully charging only topping up. And as I said grazing is the charging at shops restaurants. remember rapids expensive so grab enough to get home,

ABRP is a great app whjat battery size?

Let me know if you want the referral code for octopus.

I am using the forum as I will get the kona for my wife to drive and let the kids have the Zoe.

Sorry if this jumbled I loved ev driving wont go back. Not been to a petrol station 3.5 yrs

Simon

#173704 Reply
    Simon

forgot to add they defrost  with snow too!

#173705 Reply
    Simon

pooh, just read post again i meant i was driving but dr says no with huntingtons.

Also quite a lot of main dealers have chargers and you can use them if you ask.

#173739 Reply
    struth
    Participant

mine is set to 3.7 kw max currently, so too slow to take advantage of a 4/5 hr deal really. i still have a cable and a fuse to be uprated before i can safely up it to 7.4kw.

#173745 Reply
    Simon

Hi i see, the thing is you can start it at midnight and take advantage of the hours. Makes for very cheap motoring.

#173748 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Yes and I intend to look into it once fixed. But the charges out with are a bit higher so it might not be as cheap as I use a lot of Lecky.

But will let you know if I do

#173753 Reply
    Windy

It’s very hard to be sure of any electric prices but I use Octopus go faster which gives me 5 hours at 5.5p and I take that from 20.30 to 1.30 now that is quite a good time to do washing heating etc so can combine with car so when you get bill it’s averaged over total and last time came in at 9.2p per unit overall so makes a bit more sense when trying to compare I use about 300 units per week including car charge

#174527 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Fitted the cable protector so you can walk past car and get bucket etc without hopefully tripping.

#174538 Reply
    joss

Nice job there @struth

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#174540 Reply
    Brydo

Nice looking car there struth, although im not sure that “reg” is legal lol.

#174555 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Nice looking car there struth, although im not sure that “reg” is legal lol.

lol, yup, i have an app for removing letters. works well when i remember about it. Quite pleased overall with it; not sure about the seat. hard to say at moment as ive done my leg again so it may be contributing to the discomfort im getting at back of leg. 18 days since i did it on same knee i did before so its gonna be longish term. depressing.

Viewing 11 replies - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
Reply To: what to do?
Your information: