what to do?

• This topic has 70 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Rene.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #170398 Reply
    struth
    Participant

So as it seems i wont get permission to fit the charger on my drive by housing association, what should i do?

Granny charging, especially in winter isnt really sensible as a window or door has to be kept open and an 8hr charge gives very little.  The fast chargers areoud here are very few and often not working .

Do i cancel the bev or keep it and hope it will get better?

Im at a loss tbh and ready to just throw in towel

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #171835 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Well done Struth – I hope Monday goes to plan for  you.

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#171962 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Just off phone and the fitter of hoist failed to arrive yesterday so monday morning pickup may not happen. doh!

#172084 Reply
    struth
    Participant

indeed. monday and the guy doesnt have a hoist after all… oh well, back onto the waiting list i guess until he has.

#172346 Reply
    struth
    Participant

well the motability salesman who lives relatively close, came this morning and took my scooter away to be fitted into the kona along with hoist.

i got a message from him this afternoon to say its all done and ready. i will get car on thursday sometime. think he is going to bring it to me actually, and take away my chr.

so summat post xmas to look forward to.

#172348 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

well the motability salesman who lives relatively close, came this morning and took my scooter away to be fitted into the kona along with hoist. i got a message from him this afternoon to say its all done and ready. i will get car on thursday sometime. think he is going to bring it to me actually, and take away my chr. so summat post xmas to look forward to.

Always nice to have some positives after Xmas. Longer days are a given, World Bowls too. All the info I am getting about Kona´s is to expect delivery in appx 3 months and all the feedback, not just from this site, is very positive.

#172349 Reply
    joss

Ah, That’s good then @struth I hope its everything you hoped for. Merry Xmas struth

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#172351 Reply
    struth
    Participant

he was driving an ev kona and boot was plenty big enough by looks of it. he said he loves driving it.  cheers and if it goes as expected i will add some pics and suchlike

#172353 Reply
    joss

Look forward to pics Struth

Joss

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#172598 Reply
    struth
    Participant

So, its new car day  😎 dealership is bringing it out to my home and taking chr away.  around lunch time i think. ive just the scooter to get out of old one. will leave it at sons

#172604 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Enjoy your new car and the weather isn’t too bad today for it. 😁

#172626 Reply
    struth
    Participant

well handover is done and old car is away. had a drive in it and it is comfortable to get in out of and to be in.. took me a while to work out why the climate wasnt giving me heat. lol

ive got it on charge currently.

#172635 Reply
    struth
    Participant

got notice my gcb has been processed and i should see it in bank in 5 days…£600.. that helps a lot..

charging is slowish as its set that way as a fuse etc still needs upgraded.  still its added 25 miles so far. apart from the ohme app i have got the kona’s app running now too.  alas i dont think they speak.  but it at least seems to allow to set  steering wheel heater and other stuff to be programmed in.

will do a trial for tomorrow and see if it works

#172695 Reply
    struth
    Participant

So new car charged as I wished yesterday to 100% and climate control preheated car before I went out for a test drive.
    Popped it into normal and upped the regeneration to two.
    Car was warm, heated steering wheel is awesome as are heated cloth seats, which I prefer to leather.
    Phone charged wirelessly and connected quickly to my book.
    I’ve not tried Android auto yet.
    Stereo is excellent too.
    Charge cost roughly for equ distance in my last car was about a third cost
    So far so good in the new order.

Even with everything on, i got about 3.34 m per kwh; 33% plus was climate and stereo/wipers/lights etc so should break 4 easily in good weather.

#172743 Reply
    joss

Very nice @struth love the colour.

Joss

#172744 Reply
    struth
    Participant

its called dive blue apparently. first one the sales guy has sold. he liked it too. one before was surf blue.

#172845 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Took car for a run there. got this back from the app. not 100% sure what it all means but looks ok i think. nice relaxing drive in eco mode mostly, although part in sport too. Varied speeds fromm I think 66 down to 20.

#173011 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Although scooter still needs a strap I think to be more safely lifted it still works ok if careful.i also have a nonslip bit of material that should suffice until it comes.

Whole thing fits into boot nicely.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by struth.

#173022 Reply
    struth
    Participant

#173192 Reply
    struth
    Participant

hospital today and a frosty/icy day too. so a huge difference in usage as i was sitting parked up with climate still on etc. This shot shows just how much it takes from battery.

#173247 Reply
    struth
    Participant

As i used the now folding scooter and small collapsable hoist, thought i should say that both worked extremely well. the 2 way folding hoist takes up little room and works as well as a 4 way tbh. The scooter was a bit awkwark to fold/unfold but it should ease off and i should also get better at it with practice.

It has allowed me to  regain all 4 seats and use a smaller car too.

#173503 Reply
    struth
    Participant

my cable runs over the path at side of house, and bucket men would have to negotiate a trip hazard, or i will have to disconect so ive ordered one of those cable traffic channels off amazon. hopefully this will save me having to unplug as its handy in winter to leave it plugged in.

#173540 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Just checked and my GC bonus has been credited to my account. Considering the holiday that was quickly done.

#173559 Reply
    Dante

Looks great in the colour and good to hear about your experiences – to many, happy, safe, trouble free mikes ahead

#173582 Reply
    joss

Looks the business does that @struth I hope no one nicks it.

Joss

#173589 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i hope not. its not a bad area for theft, but i might secure it.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
Reply To: what to do?
Your information: