What going to happen to Motability Cars AP after 31st October ?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86597 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

So what is going to happen Motability themselves are a charity, but Motability Operation are a business run by the bank, if we have a no deal will we see a large increase in AP’s, or would it just affect vehicles coming from the EU

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86600 Reply

Donkey Oatie

I Would guess that business self interest will prevail. The Manufacturers and Motability have no interest in making the scheme unworkable (unaffordable). Unless of course you are one of the wealthy that Borris feels need a good tax cut so then you can afford  any AP!!

#86601 Reply

EVman

I would imagine as no one knows what’s going to happen they will freeze everything until they figure it out.

#86602 Reply

WardyGTC
    Participant

As with most things Brexit related, the vested interests will find a way. Capitalism won’t let a little thing like us leaving the EU get in the way of corporate profiteering which is why I don’t worry about it being deal or no deal. Neither outcome will have the dramatic effects all the headless chickens are panicking about.

The Irish border is the ONLY pressing concern in my opinion, having worked cross border during the troubles I would hate to see any backward step there, we need the softest border possible.

#86607 Reply

JS

A search on the Motability Customer Site and Motability Operations.

search box inserted: BREXIT

answer on both:  Unfortunately, we didn’t find any search results for ‘Brexit’.

it will all sort itself out we are overcharged at present as it is for like for like products, example a £2000 Drone direct from the manufacturer recently is over £300 more in the Uk than the same product ordered but then sent to Canada first, it would then cost £56 to send it on to Uk fully insured. (interestingly the original package would only be £20 more with taxes to uk but they charge £300 more)

manufacturers/commerce/middle men have be taking advantage with pricing to the uk for to long, going forward rather than passing any extra costs on they can jolly well take it out of the overcharging.

Motability will see little interruption.

#86611 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Am I missing something.

Brexit still has a way to go.

This coming two weeks will be decisive with regards to leaving with a deal or not. Over the next two days we will see moves from opposition parties to stop a hard brexit, let’s see what happens as we are still in a democracy………………… Or are we?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#86614 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Some 20 years ago I was in discussion with the Japanese representative of Subaru in Europe about the then £2000 extra base price of an Impreza in the UK compared with the price in the Benelux countries, despite the extra production cost of LHD cars.  The extra profit was being neatly shared between Subaru and the exclusive UK importer. He told me at the time in Japanese industry the UK was referred to as “Treasure Island”.

#86617 Reply

EVman

We are going with no deal now. It’s a case of does the EU say let’s leave things as they are for a while or they try to punish us and we get a trade war. My money is in the latter.

#86618 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Looks like the government is going to call a general election today or tomorrow so let’s see what’s going to happen.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#86619 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Government would need 2/3 majority of MPs to agree to a GE. Labour won’t vote for it.

#86620 Reply

JS

Its inevitable that Brexit will as a topic will creep into most conversations as it has an impact on everyone’s lives either way. But as a reminded please try and keep answers relevant to the original post, which at present we will leave on the front page. It’s not our intention to silence Brexit discussions and welcome everyone to continue and have a say in the off topic forum,

Thank you

#86622 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I am not political so do not care to whether they leave or stay, my question is if we leave without a deal how will it affect us as customers. I spoken to Mobablity about something else the other day, but did raise the question, they assure they have financial reserves , but like I mention previously the question is about Motablity Operations the leasing company, they are a business.

From my understanding vehicle which come from outside the EU like Korea/Japan etc, this should not be problem, but vehicle from the EU will be affected, then there is the matter regarding the exchange rate, the pound against the Euro and Dollar.

I am due to order my next car in March 2020, I have stated making a shortlist taking into account AP and running cost over 3 years, what has taken me by surprised since compiling the list is the results. I have always looked at the AP but only quickly looked at the fuel consumption, however I have carried out some in depth  research as regards more accurate fuel running costs, comparing petrol with diesels you have to add the cost of adlube over the 3 year you will be surprised how much these running costs varies between vehicles.

What I have found by adding up both the AP and running cost some of the vehicle with high upfront AP are actually cheaper over the 3 year lease than some of the vehicles with a much lower AP.

For example if you have your own charging point at home a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV with an AP of £3449, is actually cheaper over the 3 year lease then Seat Tarroca Excellence 4WD 187 bhp with an AP of £2449

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#86627 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Oscarmax I believe your Motability dealer should keep you supplied with Adblue. You don’t need to pay for it.

#86628 Reply

ZZleeZZ
    Participant

Oscarmax I believe your Motability dealer should keep you supplied with Adblue. You don’t need to pay for it.

I don’t think this is quite right. According to the Motability website, the dealer will top your AdBlue up as part of a service but it doesn’t say you can get it topped up there in-between. It does say that you can purchase AdBlue at petrol stations etc.

#86630 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Can Motability Drivers Refill The AdBlue Tank Themselves?
    The cost of AdBlue is included in your Motability contract. Your local Motability dealer will top up the AdBlue for you when you visit them for your vehicle’s annual service. If you are a higher-mileage user and the AdBlue needs topping up between services you can visit the dealer to have it topped up or, if it’s more convenient you could choose to do it yourself (or ask someone else to do it for you).

This what I read, but I’ve never had a car that needed it! Probably best to check with Motability if the cost is an issue. Seems cheap enough in supermarkets.

#86633 Reply

JS

Wigwam is correct if you require top up in between services then you can have it done at a dealership. There is a code they put into the back office system. That code and relevant info is available on a previous thread (it’s says VW but relates to all)

VW Adblue covered on the scheme?

#86641 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have never had a vehicle that needed adblue so never asked a dealer, as some of us are now looking future afield for discounts instead of our local main dealer, I would imagine the local dealer would not be to happy to give me some free adblue, beside I never go near the dealers except for a new car, they collect it at service time.

#86679 Reply

Philjb

Like everything else if AP’s become too expensive then I’d have to think hard on the scheme being worth it?

Im hoping it won’t be hit too hard or I may be forced to keep my oil burner 5 years.

The dealer collected my car to top up the fluids and they valeted it then returned it free of charge.

Just ring your service agent and tell them you are a motability customer and can’t top up levels yourself.

If you can do it yourself that’s fine, I can’t anymore and my oil light came on after 11,000 miles?

#86684 Reply

nev
    Participant

If you believe some of the fake news the world will end on 31st so we won’t need to worry about AP!

On a serious note see what turns up

#86685 Reply

Noel

Having a browse on ALFA the other day i noticed they have placed a Bexit terms and conditions clause:

Motability Terms & Conditions:

Vehicles only available through Motability accredited participating Alfa Romeo Retailers and are not available in conjunction with any other offer. Terms & Conditions apply. Offer may be varied and withdrawn at any time. Subject to stock availability. These offers are valid for orders placed from 1st July to 30th September. Offers subject to change in the event of the imposition of any Brexit related tariffs.

So seems that even the manurfacturers are unsure

#86717 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I have done 37,000 miles in mine and I’ve had the ad-blue topped up 6 times now, I could do it myself but it’s not exactly costly(less than £20 to fill from virtually empty) and each top up gives around 5K(says 7,500 miles range when 1st refilled but goes down quicker), either way it’s an easy job and adds hardly any money to overall driving costs.

#86787 Reply

jordanc93
    Participant

The dealer wouldn’t be giving it to you for free, they would charge motability using the appropriate code and be reimbursed for refilling your car with adblue, so their is no reason for them to refuse or moan about it.

#86830 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

The dealer wouldn’t be giving it to you for free, they would charge motability using the appropriate code and be reimbursed for refilling your car with adblue, so their is no reason for them to refuse or moan about it.

They probably would whinge a bit, can you imagine you go into your local VW dealers and heaven forbid you ask for a discount to match Marshalls (£400) and then you have the sheer cheek to buy it from Marshalls saving yourself a shed load of cash then expect you local dealer to service it and now you are asking for free adblue, shame on you.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  Oscarmax.

#86835 Reply

Philjb

It’s not shame on anyone it’s included for free so nothing to do with cost.

I don’t feel the slightest bit shamed.

#86839 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

It was suppose to be a joke

#86840 Reply

Philjb

Wasted on me today.

Apologies meds and lack of sleep and generally brain dead. lol

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
Reply To: What going to happen to Motability Cars AP after 31st October ?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: