What car has most extras included

This topic contains 33 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Macca 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #90442 Reply
    martino

So if i was to pick a biggish car which car would have all the extras include (all bells n whistles ) best value for your pennies. and i know it depends on what you want .

iv got xc60 sat lux its got lots , heated seats , ect , city safe (which does kick in what a surprice ), while looking at cars i was on BMW looking at X1 and noticed there are things you need to pay extra for electric front seat

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #90445 Reply
    Winston

The VW Tiguan R Line Tech on the scheme at present has lots of relevant tech as standard, to be honest there isn’t much else you’d want add

Digital Dash, heated seats, Panoramic Roof, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control , auto emergency braking, keyless start and entry, electric tailgate with your fob, Advanced automatic Led Headlights, 3 years subscription to Car Net, auto wipers , park assist, 360 degree cameras , 20 inch alloys plus a lot more

if you look at the price of the auto on the scheme after it’s £200 reduction it’s hard to beat , but it’s got the size, elevated driving position on its side too

looks are always subjective and we have our own tastes and styles but I think it’s the best looking SUV in its trim level on the scheme at present

The car is a lot of bang for your buck

#90447 Reply
    Philjb

When I was looking the real bargain was the Tiguan R or SEL we also got a £600 discount from the dealer, massive list of kit as standard,

intelligent cruise control

lane assist

Road sign recognition

park assist with reverse camera

heated massage seats

panoramic sunroof

digital cockpit with customisable displays

Auto led lights Cornering lights

Auto wipers

intelligent main beam

3 zone climate control

autonomous braking if it senses pedestrian or object

led mood lighting

hill control

electric park brake

voice control

Apple and android car play

leather steering multi function steering wheel

heated washer jets

puddle lights and folding mirrors

passenger side wing mirror auto dips so you can see the kerb parking.

Auto dip rear view mirror

electric tail gate

privacy glass

Dab radio three USB ports

bluetooth

comfort opening and closing of all windows and sunroof from the key.

plus 9 months Apple Music free if that floats your boat.

loads of other tech too inc drive modes.

These days lots of other manufacturers have caught up though, but none works as well that I’ve tested.

#90448 Reply
    Philjb

You beat me to it Winston

yes I forgot about the 3 years Vw we connect too.

plus it comes with adjustable boot floor and levers in the boot to drop the rear seats, some makes still don’t have this.
    plus the rear seats slide back and forward and recline for comfort.

If you can get your head past it being a VW it’s still really hard to beat even if it wasn’t such a bargain.

#90470 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

What is the ride like with the 20 inch wheels ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#90484 Reply
    Winston

I was actually just going to post a link to the standard kit cos I was being lazy lol

the ride is fine with the 20s, they Tyre size is 20/255/40 , so it’s fairly low profile tyre for car that size but it’s fine. I’ve absolutely no complaints and the I much prefer the look of the 40 profile than the chunkier ones

#90504 Reply
    Carmad

What about the Hyundai Ioniq?  Granted it’s not as big the Tiguan but it has most of the equipment mentioned ( No park assist ), with heated and ventilated electric leather seats.  Around £500 AP.  An awful lot of car for the money plus it’s a hybrid so terrific fuel consumption too.

#90583 Reply
    Winston

That would be a right good option for lots of members at that price I’m sure 👌🏻

#90648 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

Seat Ateca excellence lux pretty much matches or beats it’s VW sibling in all areas, very similar kit, plus more powerful engine options, and full leather and 4wd for the same asking price

#90700 Reply
    Winston

A good friend of mines was really interested in the Areca, I think it’s a nice looking car

unfortunately with their new strict ordering process that rules out adding that doesn’t come standard she couldn’t go through with the order

ie

The FR Sport by far looks the best as it has nicer alloys and more importantly no big cheap grey plastic around the bottom of the car, it has body coloured panels and I think makes it look really nice with its body kit

but…. it doesn’t come with a reverse camera and now you are not allowed to add one as they look to streamline their manufacturing process

so onto the Excellence Lux, this does come with the reverse camera and lots of great useful tech, but unfortunately it also comes with that cheap looking plastic at the bottom of the car, Absolutely ruining the overall look and appeal of it and again you cannot order it with coloured body panels! No matter how much cash you offer them

another biggy is the the massive height step  in the back when you fold the rear seats down , it’s massive and would make sliding heaving long items ( ikea etc  ) practically impossible , no split level floor either and large boot lip also compound these issues

I must’ve went with her about 10 times to check them out , but those issues were so off putting that she after months of looking she decided against it , then mines arrived and after being in it a couple of times she’s now expecting a Tig R Line Tech in a couple of weeks lol

now she’s getting a better model than me 😭😭😭

she isn’t on the scheme for the records

#90976 Reply
    Debs

Does the Tiguan R Line tech include keyless entry?

Thanks in adavance

#90979 Reply
    Mike

No keyless not standard £395 extra just looked online on VW website

#90983 Reply
    Winston

The R line tech does come standard with keyless entry/start

#90994 Reply
    martino

can you get 4wd in the R Line  and if not can you request it

#90995 Reply
    Ben

Picked up the Tiguan r line Saturday. Great car, would highly recommend it with all the standard options and storage compartments etc

#91001 Reply
    Macca

What colour you opt for Ben, any photos?

#91002 Reply
    Winston

Congrats Ben! Let’s see some pics when you have the chance!

@martino unfortunately you cannot add or spec the 4wd onto the 2wd R Line Tech that’s currently advertised on the scheme 😭

#91009 Reply
    Mike

Winston that’s great news keyless standard the VAG website needs updating I’ve just sat in yours in showroom very impressed looks fab in white

#91016 Reply
    Winston

Hi Mike,

I had a look at the VW website earlier, it looks like it’s had an update since i ordered and by the looks of things it looks like a step back lol

but yeah it’s def got the keyless system as standard

I’m glad you like it mate, are you going to order one?

its by no means the best car in the world but I think it would be hard to beat on the scheme at present , but everyone has their own needs and tastes

#91022 Reply
    Mike

Winston my next car isn’t due till March 2021 but I need a high up car as my golf too low and was so easy getting in the Tiguan it has a great spec and I love the alloys etc is the ride ok over road humps potholes etc ? Looks fab in white or silver imho

#91024 Reply
    Mike

I need keylesswith next car as can’t move my fingers and I’m stumbling for keys in pocket outside Tesco etc

#91025 Reply
    Philjb

I agree with winston, nobody is going to honestly say any car on the scheme is the best car in the world.
    Plus with the bhp cap we are limited on real fun cars unless you can make do with an MX5.

But for me with my disabilities, mobility issues, needing a high comfortable seat, which is a doddle to drive, but feels like a car not an suv to drive, it’s got to be up with the best available still.

#91026 Reply
    Mike

Well im a sun lover and I would adore the sliding electric sunroof on the tig r line saw the blind in showroom

#91027 Reply
    Winston

Yeah it’s a breeze getting in and out , I struggle to get in and particularly out of normal cars so that’s a big plus for me, as is the higher driving position

just makes me feel a bit more safer tbh

ive no complaints on the ride quality at all even with those big alloys and sports suspension

the 2 cars I’ve been mainly in over the past few years were My Q3 and friends Merc GLA Amg , both had 19 inch alloys but hers felt like it was only a matter of time before she went down a dip and your spine snapped in half lol , it really was that bad

i find the Tiguan just as comfortable on the road. more so as time goes on

as for my friend , she collects a silver R Line Tech next week!

im sure you’ll be able to change your golf if it’s getting too much of an issue Mike

i changed my first Manual Q3 to an Auto about 18 months in as it was too painful to drive

#91028 Reply
    Mike

Thanks Winston could you please put a photo of your friends silver tig when she gets it on here would love to see it in reflex silver that would be great cheers

#91029 Reply
    Winston

And I never thought too much about the keyless system, but it is a god send if your struggling about in crutches and you have your fob tucked safely in one of your pockets , same goes for starting and stopping the car.

It’s one of those things the big pano roof, auto gear box etc, once you’ve had it you appreciate its real value and would struggle to go into one without them

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
Reply To: What car has most extras included

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: