What Car Car of the year 2021 is…

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136479 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Have a look around:

#136483 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

It looks quite nice like the colour and the alloys

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#136484 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

Just when you thought 2021 could not get anyworse… We now have a Sandero as car of the year in January and we thought 2020 was bad.

What’s wrong with a decent/well built car that does everything a car needs to do at a very good price?

Just out of interest what do you drive?

Vauxhall Combo Life – and you?

#136491 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Just when you thought 2021 could not get anyworse… We now have a Sandero as car of the year in January and we thought 2020 was bad.

What’s wrong with a decent/well built car that does everything a car needs to do at a very good price?

Just out of interest what do you drive?

Vauxhall Combo Life – and you?

BMW 320i. I do like the look of the new Vivaro which I’m sure will be a big seller on the scheme.

#136495 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

BMW 320i. I do like the look of the new Vivaro which I’m sure will be a big seller on the scheme.

Always surprised how little cars like the Vivaro or the Berlingo get mentioned on this site – thought there would be more talk of them as they are very practical type cars especially when having to lug wheelchairs/scooters/equipment etc.

#136501 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

We have a Berlingo, absolutely love it. 1.6 petrol xtr, the fast sporty one. Brilliant levels of space and astoundingly comfortable.

#136503 Reply
    machoco

I think because in the eyes of joe bloggs they expect us to have a car like that and for many younger disabled people that alone can put them off as its not seen as cool or even good looking.

it does for me anyway

#136506 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looks nice in red 

#136507 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

This looks nice too 

#136509 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It’s a shame we don’t get the Dacia Lodgy here, such a great name, they are all over France.

https://www.dacia.fr/gamme-vehicules/lodgy-monospace.html

#136517 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Are you sure you haven’t timewarped into your father’s generation Menorca Mike?

#136524 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I say! Well, hellllooo… (in best Leslie Phillips accent)

#136525 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Very nice indeed on par with vintage Kirkwood

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Menorca Mike.

#136529 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

“Vintage Kirkwood” Was that the ’96? Very full bodied I understand.

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Somebody had to…

#136530 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

The new 2021 model Kirkwood and minchin splendid imho

#136547 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

I think because in the eyes of joe bloggs they expect us to have a car like that and for many younger disabled people that alone can put them off as its not seen as cool or even good looking. it does for me anyway

Don’t need to be disabled to think that or young…a lot of people are very much about looks rather than anything else.  The manufacturers know it as well which is why they charge a lot more for anything that makes a car look ‘better’

#136568 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I was a brand snob yes I admit it but I’m 55 in March and now I just want comfort quietness mpg and ease of entry

#136578 Reply
    CovCityMan

Have to say the new Sandero is a very pleasant car to drive and very capable and very well built. .And for the price is very very good no other car can beat it in that respect. Sometimes it seems like people stereotype certain cars without actually having driven them

#136579 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It’s very refreshing to see the motoring press raving about a very inexpensive budget car. It’s worth keeping in mind that a great many of us on this forum are ‘car people’. In other words, we derive great pleasure from our cars from a lifestyle as well as practical perspective but, for many people, a car is simply a means of getting from A to B in mostly short journeys and is a reluctant purchase. So whereas many of us wouldn’t take a second look at this car or, if we were in the market for a car of that sort of money, would probably prefer to buy a ‘better’ second hand car, some people are insistent on having a brand new car every few years and what to spend as little as possible in order to achieve that aim. If people fall into that category then this car seems like a very good choice. I do agree with a previous posters comment though that this may not be a wise choice as a Motability vehicle, on the basis that even with zero AP you are sacrificing £10k in benefits and I doubt very much that this car would cost £10k to run on a PCP, even with insurance and running costs taken into account.

#136580 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’ve never driven a Dacia and don’t know anyone who owns one in fact I’ve never saw one on the road around here but I understand they are sold at Renault dealers ?

#136597 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

I’ve never driven a Dacia and don’t know anyone who owns one in fact I’ve never saw one on the road around here but I understand they are sold at Renault dealers ?

Dacia are owned by Renault, I until recently had a SEAT Leon, my daughter has a motability SEAT Arona and my wife has a SEAT Ibiza if you lift the bonnet on all three may of the parts have VW stamped on them because the cars are all in reality Volkswagen’s. What’s the betting Dacia parts have Renault stamped on them?

#136607 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The Lodgy is the old model grand scenic with Dacia badges on.

#136655 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

Maybe it’s just very posh where you live?  🙂

#136656 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

my wife has a SEAT Ibiza if you lift the bonnet on all three may of the parts have VW stamped on them because the cars are all in reality Volkswagen’s. What’s the betting Dacia parts have Renault stamped on them?

Almost guaranteed to have Renault parts as they tend to be based on the older mechanicals to keeps costs down as well as making them more reliable as they are a known quantity.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by alan1302.
    #136665 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Maybe it’s just very posh where you live? 🙂

.   It is indeed Alan

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Reply #136483 in What Car Car of the year 2021 is…
Your information: