What are delivery times like now post Brexit and with COVID etc?

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Mrfunky.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #155546 Reply
    MancVandal
    Participant

Hi. Ordered my Ateca back in early March. Original swap date was the 10th of June but that’s passed already. Not bothered about waiting but bit concerned with the answers the dealer is giving me. At the start of June I asked him for an update, if I the swap date was still on, he told me the car was “off the shore of England on the boat, ready to dock and would take about 10 days to reach him, so all being well, it would be ready for the 10th, maybe a bit later on the 14th”.

On the 10th I rang to ask if I was still covered on my current car (insurance etc) to make sure I’m not driving around illegally. He told me I was which is all I rang for but he gave me an update on the car and told me it was “at the dock”. I thought that it must’ve been delayed for some reason, but then he said it was the DEPARTURE DOCK! So either he lied the last time or they’d sent the car back lol.

Anyway, I’m not bothered about waiting, I’m just concerned with the misinformation. My question is, if the car was really ready for departure on the 10th, roughly how long do you think it would take to get the Manchester? Are there long delays with getting cars through the ports post Brexit and with COVID atm?

Cheers.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by MancVandal.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155549 Reply
    Markymate

Your Ateca was built at the Skoda factory in the Czech Republic, so will be at the German port of Emden. It can be there for up to 3 weeks before being assigned to a ship. The destination port for Manchester is likely to be Grimsby. Once there it can take up to 10 days to get to your dealership. You ordered in March, so 3 to 4 months is about right in the currant climate.

To get better information on your Ateca contact Seat customer services, give them the 8 digit order number and they will tell exactly where your car is.

Hope this helps.

#155551 Reply
    MancVandal
    Participant

That’s amazing information, you should be a dealer! That’s all I was after a bit of clarity on how long I am ACTUALLY looking at for the car to arrive. Thank you.

As for the 8 digit number, do you mean the one on the agreement PDF I received? It’s marked as the AGREEMENT NO. at the top of the page. I also have an 8 digit Customer Reference Number lower down the page so not sure which one I’d need for SEAT.

Thanks again.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by MancVandal.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by MancVandal.
    #155596 Reply
    Markymate

It’s officially called the SLI number, commonly known as the customer order number, 8 digits, mine began with 3.

#155601 Reply
    MancVandal
    Participant

Thanks again!

#155619 Reply
    Mrfunky

I found seat on Facebook messenger 100% on track what was happening with my car never had a word off dealer they never even gave me order number so hands up to them and the build date was pushed forward 2 weeks believe it or not

#155620 Reply
    MancVandal
    Participant

I’ve contacted them through their website but I’m not 100% sure it’s working right, I’ll try Facebook. Just one last thing (tell me to shut up if I’m bugging you 😉 ), the 8 digit code, is it NOT on the agreement PDF I got from Motability? Is that the agreement between the dealer and Motability or IS that the one I need to contact SEAT with? When you said “They never even gave me the order number” do you mean they tracked your car without it?

Cheers again.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by MancVandal.
    #155625 Reply
    Mrfunky

Yes give surname tell them it’s mobility he told me the order number and the progress twitter or Facebook are the same, they do take a time to answer sometimes like an hour but they was very helpful. My Leon was build 23 then went to build 21. I messaged them on the Tuesday of build 21 was told its on its way to port of exit then just kept progress from there with them

#155627 Reply
    Mrfunky

8 digest code is seats order number to factory probably like 11435628 hope it helps

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: What are delivery times like now post Brexit and with COVID etc?
Your information: