“We buy any phone”

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Finally arrived, the wifes iPhone15, so decided to sell her iPhone 12. Went online and received a price of £230 for it. It is in very good condition, or so I thought. Packaged it up and sent it away, but received an email saying there was a problem and it was only worth £160.
      So I’ve sent them an email asking for it to be returned, let’s see what happens.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

“We con into buy any phone”

Sorry to hear this mate – Did you photograph and take imei number before sending it off mate, incase you need to blacklist it or contact CAB?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by kezo.
        Brydo
        Participant

@kazo I don’t know what the IMEI number is so don’t have it. They did send me a video of the inspection so I will have a look at that as there was info on it.

It does appear to be a bit of a con as the phone is in really good condition. Hopefully, get an email from them today at some point.

wmcforum
          Which Mobility Car

@Brydo

I had a similar experience, the company sent the phone back without question. I placed it in my man drawer where it still resides today. Totally without value. But at least I did not get ripped off.

Brydo
            Participant

@wmcforum I have a similar attitude but in this case I will give it to my grandaughter to use.

Brydo
              Participant

Just had a call from them and they increased it £195 and I accepted so the wife will get a Christmas present after all.

wmcforum
                Which Mobility Car

Just had a call from them and they increased it £195 and I accepted so the wife will get a Christmas present after all.

Good move, your Granddaughter can have my (now cracked) iPhone XR!

kezo
                  Participant

Anybody infuture considering using this company, might like to read this and look up the companies reviews.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5626478/webuyanyphone-com-a-warning

Brydo, Apple themselves would have px your phone both online and instore, so give them a try next time or ask a family member to put it on Ebay with a buy it now price. It would have sold easily at £220.

Jojoe
                    Participant

I always send mine to Music Magpie, when they buy there are only 3 grades, good, poor or damaged. Always got what I was quoted, payment was very quick. I think you can even print a post label in Asda.

Brydo
                      Participant

Apple had quoted me £200 so there was not too much difference there. Just happy to get a “decent” amount that will be paid into my account tonight 🤞

Gee
                        Participant

I know there’s a drive to keep posts firmly on-topic so mods feel free to delete this post if i’ve strayed too far away.

I had a similar experience with webuyanycar a few years ago.

The online quote was £1495 for my very good condition but ageing Toyota Aygo.

When i showed up to do the deal they reduced their offer to £825

I of course walked away.

I sold it to a local car dealer a few weeks later for exactly £1150

So, if there was still a profit in my Aygo for the car dealer after buying it for £1150 kinda shows how ruthless webuyanycar.com really are.

joss

A couple of days ago, my Samsung galaxy S21+5G suddenly stopped working, or erather it black screened. Could not reset it but it would receive calls and my alarm still went off. Of course I could not answer calls or turn alarm off. It’s going to cost me around £185.00 for a new screen! Ouch.

My daughter then sent me this link for secondhand fully refubished phones. With warranty.

So if you need to replace a broken mobile phone have a look here. https://www.backmarket.co.uk/en-gb/e/good-deals

Joss
                            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Brydo
                            Participant

Still not received any money 😔

kezo
                              Participant

Still not received any money 😔

Shocking! Have you contacted them?

Brydo
                                Participant

@kezo tried to call but couldn’t get through so emailed them but no reply.

kezo
                                  Participant

Little shits!

I take it you some kind of email evidence, they have the phone?

Maybe worth call to Citizens Advice, first thing Monday if nothings in your account by tomorrow.

kezo
                                    Participant

Your network provider should be  able to block your device as a last resort, from the IMEI mumber.

You may also have some old paperwork with this number on.

kezo
                                      Participant

A couple of days ago, my Samsung galaxy S21+5G suddenly stopped working, or erather it black screened. Could not reset it but it would receive calls and my alarm still went off. Of course I could not answer calls or turn alarm off. It’s going to cost me around £185.00 for a new screen! Ouch. My daughter then sent me this link for secondhand fully refubished phones. With warranty. So if you need to replace a broken mobile phone have a look here. https://www.backmarket.co.uk/en-gb/e/good-deals

I’ll buy your old one Cheap as chips of course 😉

There are a couple of things that could have happened, with several ways to fix it.

1- Force restart

Charge your phone for 5 minutes – press and hold the power button untill it turn off – turn phone on again

2- Boot the phone into recovery mode

Press & hold the volume up button and the power button for 10s – release power button when you see the samsung logo, whilst continuing to hold the power up button, untill the Android recovery screem appears.

3- Boot into safe mode

Press & hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds – Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo appears, whils’t youcontinue to hold the volume down key until the lock screen appears. You should then see Safe mode, in the bottom left corner of the screen

5- The power and volume buttoms could have become jammed

Keep pressing on them

6- Motherboard/screen connector loose

Idealy requires access to the motherboard, well within your capability’s . Sometimes tapping the phone on the front and rear works temporarily.

Forgot to add. First try switching completely by holding the power button down for 15s, leaving it an hour and turning back on. How long did the battery hold charge before you had problems?

Its also known with some later versions of Samsungs to magically come back to life adter 5-7 days, so may be worth charging and leaving first.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by kezo.
                                        Brydo
                                        Participant

Managed to get through to an agent and it will be paid today 🤞

kezo
                                          Participant

Lets hope they do 🙂

joss

A couple of days ago, my Samsung galaxy S21+5G suddenly stopped working, or erather it black screened. Could not reset it but it would receive calls and my alarm still went off. Of course I could not answer calls or turn alarm off. It’s going to cost me around £185.00 for a new screen! Ouch. My daughter then sent me this link for secondhand fully refubished phones. With warranty. So if you need to replace a broken mobile phone have a look here. https://www.backmarket.co.uk/en-gb/e/good-deals

I’ll buy your old one Cheap as chips of course 😉 There are a couple of things that could have happened, with several ways to fix it. 1- Force restart Charge your phone for 5 minutes – press and hold the power button untill it turn off – turn phone on again 2- Boot the phone into recovery mode Press & hold the volume up button and the power button for 10s – release power button when you see the samsung logo, whilst continuing to hold the power up button, untill the Android recovery screem appears. 3- Boot into safe mode Press & hold the volume down button and the Power key for 10 seconds – Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo appears, whils’t youcontinue to hold the volume down key until the lock screen appears. You should then see Safe mode, in the bottom left corner of the screen 5- The power and volume buttoms could have become jammed Keep pressing on them 6- Motherboard/screen connector loose Idealy requires access to the motherboard, well within your capability’s . Sometimes tapping the phone on the front and rear works temporarily. Forgot to add. First try switching completely by holding the power button down for 15s, leaving it an hour and turning back on. How long did the battery hold charge before you had problems? Its also known with some later versions of Samsungs to magically come back to life adter 5-7 days, so may be worth charging and leaving first.

As tech able. I of course tried the miriad of the above, sadly all to no avail. Genuine Samsung screen fitted after confirmation it was poohbarred. total cost £167.00.

Joss
                                              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

Oscarmax
                                              Participant

We have an Apple iPhone 5, it like brand new we still have the box, plus an iPhone 6 which the daughter donated to us in very good condition, both phones no longer receive updates, we still use them on our Bose music system.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
                                                Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Suzuki Across PHEV

Brydo
                                                Participant

Money arrived and in the bank 👍

Brydo
                                                  Participant

hahaha, they’ve asked me to rate them out of five and tell them why I arrived at my choice lol where do I start?

kezo
                                                    Participant

hahaha, they’ve asked me to rate them out of five and tell them why I arrived at my choice lol where do I start?

The money in your bank?

Discounted price offered initially, late payment, which required chasing….!

They would be lucky, if they got 2 stars from  me.

Brydo
                                                      Participant

@kezo they got 1 star and an “ill never use you again” comment 😖

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.