Water on garage floor

• This topic has 14 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by ajn.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #154698 Reply
    ajn

Hello got the car out few hours ago found this, car was last driven yesterday and back in by 11.30am.

So had over 24hrs yet wet patch remains even now..

Air con or water leak 😳

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154702 Reply
    Appleman

Have you had the air conditioning on ? this creates water as the unit warms up again

#154703 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Aircon water is tasteless. Water leak will taste of antifreeze!

#154707 Reply
    ajn

Thanks for the replies, tbh not sure if aircon is off or on, Mrs ajn is always messing about with it, so when reversing into the garage, I just lock up and walk off, don’t really notice if it’s on or off.

However my concern is, as Wigwam has mentioned aircon water usually clear so should evaporate quickly..

Taking into account the weather temp, about 10mm gap under the garage door for breeze, and over 28 hrs being used I would’ve thought it should’ve  have evaporated.

Yet antifreeze or water from cooling system would remain longer as a puddle..

#154710 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not necessarily. Water evaporates more quickly when the general air humidity is low. At the moment the air is humid, so without the sun to dry it, it will stay there.

#154716 Reply
    Richardw

Looks almost stained, a bit oily perhaps?

#154720 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Neighbours Cat??

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#154723 Reply
    ajn

RichardW that’s a good point around the puddle seems to have stained, as you say almost oily, it’s the amount of time it’s taking to evaporate that makes me think it could be more than AC drips..

#154727 Reply
    joss

I have examined the image and conclude your car is incontinent 💧💧💧💧💧 ajn

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154728 Reply
    ajn

I guess I’ll soon find out Joss if it blows up 😳🤣🪣🪣

#154814 Reply
    ajn

Panic over this was this morning, water seems clear, @wigwam it didn’t taste of anti freeze 😳 👍 

#154815 Reply
    Mike Cooper

That’s spooky,the first pic looks like a headless apparition,now the head as appeared! 😱😱

#154816 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I would definitely say that is air con related.

#154818 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Actually, condensate from aircon is very pure water. Worth collecting to use in a steam iron. Ajn, can you tie a small bucket under the car to collect it as you’re going along?

#154820 Reply
    ajn

As we chat @Wigwam 🪣👍😆..

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Water on garage floor
Your information: