Watching Norman wisdom films on YouTube

• Creator
    Topic
  • #137537 Reply
    Martinod

Iv been watching old films on YouTube Norman wisdom films , porridge ย old but funny

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137550 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Haven’t watched Mr Wisdom on YouTube but there are are many other wonders there. I’ve always loved animation/cartoons. Ordinary TV overflows with rubbish (mostly) modern US stuff. But YouTube seems to have much of the early British stuff like Ivor the Engine and Noggin the Nog. Unique and priceless – like having a time machine!

#137565 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

I dug out my DVD’s of Space Patrol (1962) and thoroughly enjoyed them ๐Ÿ™‚

Tonight I think it’s going to be either “At last the 1948 show” or “Do not adjust your set”

As for modern stuff, I’m enjoying the French series “Call my agent” (Dix pour cent) on Netflix, it’s really well done ๐Ÿ™‚

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy ๐Ÿ™‚

#137585 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Phaedra How on earth did I miss Space Patrol? I suppose Mr Anderson’s Supercar and Fireball XL5ย  were out at the same time and eclipsed it from my view! Shame – will try to hunt it down on YouTube. The French series sounds intriguing but I don’t have Netflix. All 4 serves up some excellent “foreign” shows, particularly those from Europe. The Germans do a fantastic series of cop shows under the Tatort banner and anything Belgian tends to be brilliant – Professor T and The Outlaws are perfect black comedy/drama. (The latter is hard to find at the moment).

#137587 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

I’ll have to go look for those nowย  ๐Ÿ™‚

I liked all the Danish/Swedish crime and political shows like Broen (The Bridge) andย  Borgen, much better than the UK or US remakes of them.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy ๐Ÿ™‚

#137589 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hope you like what you find, Phaedra. There’s so much to choose from so here are a few more I liked:
    Inspector Falke; Inspector Borowski. From the Tatort series. Good solid cop stories

Code 37 Sex Crimes; 13 Commandments. Belgian productions, the former well endowed with wit and humour and has a brilliant cast.

Detective Cain. French Flic tale about wheelchair-bound rozzer on Cote d’Azur who chucks his wheelchair in and out of his Saab 900 drop-top. Should tell Motability about this!

The Passenger. Intriguing French crime drama featuring crimes based on myths. First one concerns the Minotaur which I thought you might have a “family” interest in! ๐Ÿ‚

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Watching Norman wisdom films on YouTube
Your information: