Waiting for new car

• Creator
    Topic
  • #144835 Reply
    Mrfunky
    Participant

Can you track a new car I have ordered been told 13 weeks but nothing else from dealer am a new mobility customer

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #144838 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

what have you ordered, as some you can track and some are just wait and see when it turns up.

#144839 Reply
    joss

@Mrfunky When you placed your order, where you given an order number? If so it would have been on the order form you should have got a copy of. What car have you ordered?

The order number confirms that your car is in the build process. As such, your can can be tracked through it’s build process. Your dealer would then be able to give you updates of your cars build progress.

Some manufactures you can track the order yourself providing you have the build number. Hence the reason for asking what make of car have you ordered.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#144841 Reply
    Mrfunky
    Participant

Hi thanks for replies it’s a Seat Leon St we ordered over phone and was just told about 13 weeks so we never got no paperwork was just told we will be updated. Mobility account and paperwork shows stated car ordered… Just can’t wait for the day to be nearer

as yet but mobility accoubtis showing as a seat Leon

#144842 Reply
    Kev

Ring dealer,you need the order number from dealer to Seat,that is a different order number between dealer and Motability

#144846 Reply
    Kev

Dealers have slots,if they have no slots at the moment,they cannot order car,if you get the dealer to seat order great,if they cannot give it to you,then it may not be ordered,clock only starts ticking when order in at seat,not with motability

If you are a new customer,you can get a new car from the dealers stock,so no waiting,good luck

#144848 Reply
    Rhodgie

Some you can track, some you can’t, but once it’s ordered the dealer will be getting on with selling other cars so most likely won’t be in touch until they hear when its due… some might call you every few weeks for an update?

If you’ve been told 13 weeks then nothing to do but wait for the next 12 then call  📞

#144850 Reply
    Markymate

Having just picked up a Seat Tarraco, you need to phone the dealer and ask, sometimes, demand the 8 digit SLI/order number.  Once you have this it confirms that the order is with the factory. You can then contact Seat customer services for updates. You can either call, use twitter, or like I did, use their Facebook page.

Hope that helps.

#144851 Reply
    Kev

Keep in touch yourself,even Motability tell you to do this, ring, get order number and ring seat customer services, they will tell you what stage your build is at, dealers need to be put under this pressure,if you don’t someone else will and you get no regular call, ring dealer regular,you are the customer in the end.

#144879 Reply
    Mrfunky

Thankyou all for your replies I’ve managed to get order number it’s still to go into production…. Just means waiting (sobs)

#144883 Reply
    Markymate

Did they give you a build week?

#144886 Reply
    Mrfunky

No just said order is assigned to factory I was quoted 13 weeks its only been 3 lol said check back in about 2 weeks  and no production this week

#144888 Reply
    Mike

Phone round some dealers and ask if they have any in compounds. I was offered a Seat Leon hatchback in a week by a dealer. Not sure if it will be the same with the estate.

#144899 Reply
    Mrfunky

It’s OK I can wait I think. 😭😭 I could of took silver but wanted mystery blue 😁

#144934 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

No just said order is assigned to factory I was quoted 13 weeks its only been 3 lol said check back in about 2 weeks and no production this week

Next time you speak to them, ask them for the build week.  This will tell you when your car will start production. Normally after production it’ll take around 5 weeks to get from the factory to the dealers.

Hope you get some good news soon.

#145326 Reply
    Shellie

Can you check bmw progress it’s our first bmw

#145331 Reply
    joss

@Shellie

Hi. If you have the order manufactures order number from your dealer. You can use this to get build updates. Go to the BMW configuration web page and look for the BMW Genius chat box. So long as you have your build number, they can tell you where your car is in the build progress.

Alternatively, ask your dealer.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#147305 Reply
    Paul

Hi,  I ordered my new Leon St on 4th February 2021 and am still waiting.  The chip shortage has hit the Leon.  I have now been waiting 14 weeks and still do not have a build date.  I have contacted my dealer many times and have been told that they cannot give any clear or accurate timescale.  Looking through the internet, it’s quite clear now there will be a long wait for a Leon.

I’ll let you know when i get any updates.

#147310 Reply
    Mrfunky

Hi Paul have you spoken to seat here by messenger on Facebook? I ordered a Leon St mid march and was told 13 weeks heard nothing from dealer but last week was told its going for build week 23 subject to change, maybe ask there if you not already…… Its heartbreaking having to wait so long, will update later see if its changed

#147344 Reply
    Mrfunky

Just an update they now told me it’s scheduled build week 21 so my guess is just wait and see, couldn’t tell me if there’s any delays

#147524 Reply
    Paul

Update, I contacted SEAT through Facebook and have a build date of week 22.

#147532 Reply
    Mrfunky

That’s good news that you found something out, just a matter of a too long wait now and hoping that it’s not delayed any longer. I ordered mine 22 March and was told week 23 then week 21 but reading they are back in production from late April

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Reply #144838 in Waiting for new car
Your information: