Wait for new Registration or not

• Creator
    Topic
  • #71635 Reply
    JS

as it seems to of taken over another thread I thought it would be best to start a new one. At what point do you wait for new reg, I picked mine up about 6 weeks before the change last year so did consider putting it off.

if copied this from the other thread too as a side note

I realise it’s gone a bit of topic (sorry Richard) but Just to point out on 68 plate vs 19. Although we only lease them if there has been a delay and you’ve ended up with a Older plate, Motability made it clear to dealerships with the WLTP delays too with regards pre registration that there will be a monetary charge to thier MDP (Motability Dealership Partnership) back office system, I can’t remember if this was 300 or 500. My point being Motability will be making this charge on any pre registered vehicles, I appreciate it’s them that’s taking the resale loss but in line with early terminations etc I would of thought the customer would be entitled to some of that penalty charge on a pro rata basis

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by JS.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #71662 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

is it such a big deal these days, may just be a sign of aging but i dont really notice anymore when the reg no changes. i doubt i could tell you what the latest ones are, def down to aging.

#71678 Reply
    Philjb

Sorry if I didn’t pick up on the answer before ( I can blame the meds) lol

but can a dealer re register a vehicle one it has been done?

So from a 68 to a 19 plate?

#71689 Reply
    JS

Yes as it wasn’t actually registered fully. (You hadn’t signed so they only pre registered it) I think they have a 14 day grace to make changes etc. The only reason they would of pre registered it was to make thier 68 plate targets better and get the paper work rolling. Nothing to worry about, you can check from the Vin number the year my18/my19 etc

#71696 Reply
    Philjb

Thanks for the answer, I never knew it could be done.

My question was for others more then my car, as our car wasn’t registered till pick up day itself.

Even though  it was a cancelled order.

But someone posted about being showed there car and it already had a 68 plate on it weeks before the pick up day.

Which reminds me ive got a private plate on retention I was thinking of swapping over, purely as it’s easier to remember. Is that allowed on the scheme?

#71697 Reply
    Philjb

I do agree though as it’s not my car I couldn’t care what plates on it, just my memory is dreadful.

So I was bought years ago a private plate with very few digits I was thinking of swapping over, no way can I remember this new plate. ? lol

#71701 Reply
    JS

A few on here have experience with private plates, it is definitely allowed and I believe a simply form and a fee.

#71814 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

I do agree though as it’s not my car I couldn’t care what plates on it, just my memory is dreadful. So I was bought years ago a private plate with very few digits I was thinking of swapping over, no way can I remember this new plate. ? lol

Hi Philjb, got a private plate on mine. Took 10 minutes in a phone call to Motability. All you need is the certificate number which comes with the registration number you brought. Just remember to have the plates made up first, as the process is that quick!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Wait for new Registration or not
Your information: