vw touran

This topic contains 72 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wonky 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70063 Reply

stewart pettnger

any one know when the touran will come on the list.

Viewing 22 replies - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #71823 Reply

wonky

Hi Brian,  do you mind me asking , what advance payment are you being asked for?  Last summers when you ordered or the present list with new VTN.

Regards, wonky

#71958 Reply

wonky

Hi all,  as previously stated after short test drive in the 1.5 tsi auto Touran I decided the lacklustre performance wasn’t for me.

The vehicle now having its VTN needs shifting and the dealership has invited me to take another longer test drive.

They have been quite a good dealership and all the delays aren’t their fault and indeed any problems with this engine aren’t their fault, so I am going to test drive again next week and will keep an open mind about all the reports about this engine.

One issue I have which I would appreciate comment on, is, I drive a 2.0 ltr diesel auto at present and haven’t driven petrol for years. What allowances should I make when comparing the 1.5 tsi petrol engine?

Regards, wonky

#71959 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Wonky diesels have low down torque band were as modern petrol car tend to be mid to top of the powerband, you need to give it more gas, you have to change your driving style a little, but you will get used to it.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#71963 Reply

Markymate

Agree with Oscarmax. I came from a 2.0lt diesel, manual to a 1.4TSI DSG.  The first thing I noticed was just how quit it was compared to diesel.  I found that a little extra squeeze on the throttle was needed in the first two gears, but then the petrol engine comes into it’s own through gears 3 t0 6.  I found that my driving has become much more steady and considered, but that might have something to do with the Kodiaq as it’s such a comfortable place to be, I don’t want to rush around, I just enjoy the ride.  Can’t see me going back to diesel now, something I thought I’d never hear myself say.

Good luck with your extended test ride.

#71965 Reply

Trev

@mike11 has this engine in the lighter golf, but sure he wouldn’t find giving some feedback.

For what it’s worth, I had the 1.4 this engine preceded in a Leon Estate, and low down torque was on par with a diesel. I certainly had no issues whatsoever, and averaged 50mpg. But again the leon would be lighter than the Touran.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#71970 Reply

Mike

Yes Trev I have the 1.5 tsi 130 bhp in my Golf se nav dsg this is my third Golf my other two were 1.4 tsi dsg I love my latest Golf more economical than my 1.4 tsi but I don’t think quite as quiet but it is on the motorway ! I wish I had had a Leon 1.4 tsi FR dsg in silver dealer delivery was no problem I hope in 2 years the Leon hybrid will be on motability ?

#71971 Reply

Trev

Have you driven a Leon Mike?

The suspension is set up firmer, and sound insulation perhaps not as good as a golf, along with the little touches like felt inners in the door bins. Not putting the Leon down, as you know I loved mine.

We can’t predict what’s on the scheme next month, let alone 2 years time… but we can wish for it! lol

#71985 Reply

wonky

Hi,  Oscarmax, Markymate, Mike and Trev,

I knew good advice would be forthcoming,  thanks.  Just don’t want to make a mistake and regret it for 3 years or have a problem motor.

Regards, wonky

#71991 Reply

Trev

To be honest Wonky, after having the 1.4 tsi in the leon and having made the choice prominently on the engine, I was very nervous going for the current 2.0L petrol Mazda CX-5. I mean it’s not even turbo-charged!

If you search on here for my comments a year ago, you would see me stating that i would never want to change from the 1.4 in the Leon – and then when it was discontinued I stated i would want the 1.5.

But tell you what, the 2.0L engine i have is really good, but only as my driving style has changed – it wasn’t a forced changed, the car just makes me enjoy the journey and not want to get from A to B in the shortest time possible. So it now suits my needs lovely.

Saying that when Marky got the Kodiaq in the 1.4 I was, and still am jealous (don’t tell him that!)- there is no doubting that the 1.4 was the best petrol engine on the market for economy vs performance, and i’ll stick to that. So i can’t see this 1.5 being that bad at all.

Please report back how you find it, and enjoy the quiet lol

#71992 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi, Oscarmax, Markymate, Mike and Trev, I knew good advice would be forthcoming, thanks. Just don’t want to make a mistake and regret it for 3 years or have a problem motor. Regards, wonky

Wonk if your are not 100% happy don’t go ahead.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#72003 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

What you will miss is driving at 50 and just putting your foot down and off you go, you will need to drop a couple of gears and give it loads of revs in both!

#72006 Reply

wonky

Hi Vinalspin,  do I recall correctly, you drive a 2.0ltr diesel like I do ?

Sounds like going back to petrol is going to involve plenty of throttle, which won’t be particularly economical.

I will post on here next Friday after my test drive.

Regards, wonky

#72011 Reply

Mike

Yes trev the Leon FR is hard ride I had long test drive in one but they look so gorgeous in my eyes !

#72016 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Cool wonky, I hope it’s suitable for you, if not there are plenty of clean diesels out there still.

I did a back to back diesel/petrol when choosing my car and the difference was huge, I know the vag coal burner is one of the noisiest out there but having to thrash the petrol to try and achieve the same performance was loud on a different kind of scale, not nice, yes it’s quiet while wafting about town but to make any kind of real progress and you have to keep the loud pedal near the carpet, only touched the carpet(kickdown) twice in 2 years in mine.

#72049 Reply

wonky

Hi Trev, you lucky devil !!

I was passing Mazda today, so I popped in to look at the CX-5 you wrote about.

What a beautiful cab, the seats were really comfy and I’m on the large side.

Salesman comes over, I say Motability, he says, no chance, they’ve pulled it off scheme mid quarter. Apparently Mazda can’t make them quick enough, so they don’t need Motability sales.

Damn! It looked good for a back up if I don’t get the Touran.

Regards, wonky

#72051 Reply

Trev

Hey Wonky,

When are you looking to order?

Past history has taught me that Mazda pull cars off the scheme when holding levels are low in Zeebrugge. The salesman is correct, that when stocks are low and they can sell the cars to retail for higher profit, why sell them on the scheme. But…. when the next boat from Japan comes in, and the Zeebrugge holding area is full, they will be back on the scheme, and perhaps at a lower AP.

The positive about the system they use, is that generally if they are on the scheme, the lead times are not long. When the dealer places the order for the car, the courier has 3 weeks to transport it from Zeebrugge to them, but this normally only takes 2 weeks – a further week to prep and get the paperwork sorted – 3 weeks is how long we had to wait.

We got the Sports Nav+ CX-5, it wasn’t on the scheme when i was looking in Q3 last year, but appeared a month or so in, just when i was cancelling the Skoda Karoq – what’s more it appeared with a £999 AP. We were very lucky, as 6 weeks later in Q4 it went up £500.

Thus my advice, when you think you’ve made your mind up and ready to place an order – just check to see if they have come back on the scheme. With Mazda cars come on and off the scheme at anytime, only the prices change quarterly.

BTW you quite correct, it is a very comfortable car, I’m 6ft and 15 stone, so not small or light, and it’s the first car where i don’t have to shift my bum to get comfy through a journey.

#72053 Reply

wonky

Hi Trev,  brilliant info, thanks, real knowledge of the system.

I can order anytime, I could change tomorrow as I’ve been waiting on the Touran petrols coming through for months.

You got a real bargain, right place at right time.

I’m same height as you but eat more pies, so am 17 st. !!

Regards, wonky

#72055 Reply

Trev

I miss pies Wonky, a couple of years back i was 2 stone heavier than you.

#72059 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I am 5′ 6″ and 15 stone after see the doctor earlier in the week the wife has put me on a strict diet, I need to lose at least a stone.

#72076 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I’m 6’2″ and 19st but not round, just big(54″ chest) so finding a car that can accommodate my frame alone is a pain in the arse never mind all the other crap it has to do in order for me to use it!

#72078 Reply

wonky

Hi all, I think we’ve got a good tug of war team between us !

Regards wonky

#72430 Reply

wonky

Hi all,  feedback as promised, after longer test drive in , 1.5 tsi dsg Touran.

Tootling around town, very good, quiet engine, good steering, nice car.

On faster roads and motorway, very poor when trying to accelerate.

Doing 45to50 mph and pressing accelerator, nothing happens for 2 -3 seconds, the revs go up but no speed, then at 3-4000 revs it really goes and you’re at 75 mph.

Too much lag for my liking,  I’m used to my 2 litre diesel Alhambra dsg.  Touch the accelerator at very low revs and you’re away out of trouble. So for now I’m sticking with diesel.

Whilst this Touran isn’t for me, some will like it. So if you’re after one, they are in short supply and you can have my cancelled order, (if it hasn’t been snapped up already).

Regards, wonky

Viewing 22 replies - 51 through 72 (of 72 total)
Reply To: vw touran

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: