vw touran

This topic contains 72 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wonky 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70063 Reply

stewart pettnger

any one know when the touran will come on the list.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #70359 Reply

David Keene

Hi Brian,

Many thanks for the information. We are also in the same boat as you with our Touran. Ordered 23 March 2018 (as the 1.4TSi – and later changed to the 1.5TSi by VW), finally arrived at the dealer this January where it has now been sitting for 5 weeks – that’s 46 weeks wait and counting!

As if the delay caused by WLTP was not bad enough, knowing that it is Motabililty that are now causing further delay is, to say the least, frustrating!

#70366 Reply

Wonky

Hi all,  just an update on the 1.5 tsi engine problems.  My dealer has now told me they have had a few vehicles with problems when engine is cold but VW are working on a fix.  He didn’t say anything about any delay because of VTN,

Regards, wonky

#70410 Reply

Brian Watson

I don’t know whether anyone has an answer to this one.

When the Touran (see February 9th) arrived at the dealer in December they registered it with a 68 plate.  If it does not get passed on to us until March 2019 (19 plate), does the dealer have to re-register the car with a 19 plate?

#70424 Reply

Philjb

Not If he’s already registered the car. It will stay a 68 plate.

Why was it registered before you took delivery?

#70432 Reply

Brian Watson

Don’t know why it was registered before delivery to me. I got a piece of video from the dealer in at the beginning of December showing the car just after it arrived with them and the car was showing a full 68 plate.

#70437 Reply

HammerHead
    Participant

Just tried ordering a Tiguan R Line Tech with a heated steering wheel. Apparently this new model has a different wheel and the heated option is no longer available 🙁 Dealer thought I was joking when I said this was a deal breaker for me.

#70588 Reply

Martin Gorrie

Hi everyone, just found this forum and very interested in your stories. This is mine and i would be very grateful for any advice as i am new to Motability.

I Ordered a VW Touran 1.6 TDI auto with Barnetts of St Andrews on 3 August 2018 and still not delivered and its February 2019 now.
    On VW Website it still shows at stage 2 of 7 stages which means they received the order but have not got the parts or built it yet. I have complained to dealership and VW but got nowhere.  I would be interested in the names of the CEO as Brian Watson about discusses.

I Spoke on phone to senior advisor Russell at Motability who was useless. He only gave reasons for delay because of engine regulations, which i already knew. He offered no suggestions for help and passed buck to VW. I have no vehicle and to wait 6 months is unacceptable. I cant start part time work or travel. I asked if they could help to get any suitable vehicle temporary or permanent but he said not possible. This so called charity should be seriously investigated as there is no alternative for disabled people and Motability are not doing their jobs properly. No help whatsover. I have contacted my MP for help. The CEO should resign as he is not worth the salary. This charity should be helping people not causing frustration and depression and sitting on their hands refusing to help or get involved.

Dealership have not given much in the way of updates either. I would take a Tiguan or something else if suitable for adaptions for boot hoist and front  seat.

#70590 Reply

Philjb

You can cancel your order any time and ring round vw dealers and see what’s in stock.

They may even have a touran.

The car’s not yours until you put the PIN number in on collection day, so right up till then you can just cancell.

#70591 Reply

Philjb

Not sure where you are in the country. But you are free to try any dealer and ask if they have stock or a cancelled order.

We did this and and got a fair few extras thrown in.

#70592 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Unfortunately this is not a Motability issue. As you are aware that there have been many delays over the last year resulting in the WLTP emission changes. I and a few other have had Touran’s on order but the time scales for receiving them were becoming ludicrous.

Your dealer should have kept you up to date with what they knew as the VW dealerships are as much in the dark as you are. I wrote emails to both the Director of VW UK and the Head of VAG and got absolutely nowhere. They ae not interested in individual cases. I had someone from their HQ in Milton Keynes take up my case but she openly admitted to me that I knew more about what was going on with delays that what she did. I ended up taking a Tiguan.

Being where you are in the country I guess you are limited in getting around to other VW dealerships but like Philjb has mentioned you need to ring around the VW dealers and see what is available. The 1.6TDi in the Touran was the first Touran to pass WLTP and they have been coming through to the dealers.

It seems that your dealer cannot get the information you require so it may be a case of looking at other possible suitable vehicles that suit your needs and see if any are available from stock.

As such you have not yet entered in to a contract with Motability until you put your PIN number in to receive your car so that is probably why Motability are not running around and getting you on the road.

Its a difficult one and I wish you every success in what you decide to do.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#70593 Reply

Trev

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum,

As others have said this is a VW problem, and to be honest you best solution would be to look and see if there is another vehicle on the scheme suitable and attractive to you.

I agree that Motability should not be letting the manufacturers & dealers treat their customers this way – in this instance they should have instructed all dealers to cancel orders and inform customers that they are unable to fulfill orders. Rather then leaving people on a shoestring.

Even when motability don’t want to know, one would expect the dealer to provide regular updates and realistic timescales, as when they don’t and show a non-caring attitude, it would personally make me take my custom elsewhere.

I’m afraid it’s perhaps time to draw a line, not look back, but look forward and see what other options are available to you on the scheme.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

#71348 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Anybody that has a VW Touran 1.5TSi SEL sat in a dealer waiting upon a VTN number, well Motability has released the VTN this morning so you can now collect your long awaited 1.5TSi.

Also the 1.0TSi Golf SV’s were in the same boat but they have also been released this morning.

Apparently it was a problem with VW why there has been a long delay.

#71349 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Newfi

That’s good news for those that endured the wait but 8 months was way too long for myself but now having a perfect car disabled wise I could endure that wait next time should I decide to go back to the Touran in future, but then I think the Touran is being replace by a new model in 2021 so might not be on the scheme then, but time will tell, a lot of time. LoL

Just a thought though, if the cars are being release as of today I wonder if the dealers would have had the forethought to delay just a few more days for the 19 plate.

#71350 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Chris

I agree 8 months is far too long for a standard production car. As regards people getting a 19 plate, well I would be saying I do not want it till Friday, at least get something out of it and I think it would have to a rotten dealer to register it on a 68 plate. There is also the 4 day wait between registering a car and you collecting it with Motability.

The Touran I ordered is still in the dealer and they are registering it themselves as a demo on Friday. So I might pop down and have a test drive lol.

#71351 Reply

David Keene

8 months? That’s nothing. I’ve been waiting 11 months!

And now I’m in two minds whether to accept the car because of the reported problems with the VW 1.5 tsi engine (see other posts on the Forum).

#71364 Reply

wonky

Hi Newfie, your info about VTN is great. The Touran I have at dealers is same position as yours. I tested it recently on trade plates and have decided not to go ahead. No doubt now the VTN is available they will try to get me to change my mind. Mine is a 1.5 tai auto. I strongly suggest you try before going ahead. No good regretting later. We are all different so you may like vehicle, good luck and look forward to your review.

Regards, wonky

#71366 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi wonky

Interesting to know now you have test driven the Touran with the 1.5 engine what has been the let down with that engine, is it fear of the Kangaroo effect, lack of power or just uncomfortable with the car the way its stands.

#71367 Reply

wonky

Hi ChrisK,  I have posted on the other related thread about 1.5 tsi engines.

Anyway,  possibly because of the auto, I didn’t experience any kangarooing, people say the auto smoothies it out.  What I did experience was a lacklustre drive when I tried to accelerate from 30 ish, a lot of revs and no power to match. Just tootling along it was fine. I was restricted to a few miles as if I’m not having it, it will be someone else’s new car.  Overall, there is my own experience and then I consider others, along with some quite technical info posted on other thread.  Also motoring journalists are all over this one as it happening throughout the VW group.

Regards, wonky

#71368 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

I am returning my car (a BMW) due to problems with the DCT gearbox which were not know at the time and have hardly featured at all in the motoring press as fault’s appear few and far between. When I selected my replacement car I steered clear of all VAG 1.5tsi’s as a consequence of a poor test drive experience last year and the adverse publicity about this engine. It was a bad enough experience with my current car and I certainly did not wish to entertain the prospect of a new car with question marks over it’s engine.

#71376 Reply

wonky

Hi, fwipperie,  agree entirely,  who wants to take a chance. If only VW would tell the truth. I would consider taking vehicle if they owned up, said they were working on it and if in say 3 months they hadn’t fixed it , the customer has the right of rejection.

Hang on, silly me, that sounds like putting the customer first.

Regards, wonky

#71379 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

We are fortunate we lease through Motability.  I can imagine the stress and whole host of obsticles we would face if leading privately or in the event of a purchase. I cannot see many adopting the customer first approach of motability.

#71792 Reply

Brian Watson

Yippee.  We get our 1.5 SEL TSI 150PS 7 speed DSG tomorrow.  This was the 1.4 when we ordered it in April 2018.  The dealer has re-registered it with a 19 plate, having put a 68 plate on it when they received it at the beginning of December 2018. It has been at the dealers since then.

Our change date was 22 July 2018.  We are only just over 7 months late.  Still don’t know why the VTN numbers took so long to get from VW to Motability.

#71794 Reply

wonky

Hi Brian,

great news and I really hope you enjoy the vehicle. Please post on here your experiences as you get to know the car.

I hope some of my comments about this model haven’t caused any concern to you and I hope you can show this is a fine vehicle.

Regards, wonky

#71795 Reply

Trev

Well done Brian, nothing like a new car day…. at last! – look forward to seeing some photos.

I'm running the Virgin London Marathon 2019 in support of MIND The Mental Health Charity

#71799 Reply

Philjb

Great news,

I wouldn’t worry about reading internet problems, just enjoy the car.

We had the older shape with the R32 golf  type grill and Dsg box, ours was a 2.0 diesel and it very rarely in the 8 years we had it went wrong.

I can remember it broke a front spring? A water pump went, but that was when vw fitted plastic ones to save money? and a cam sensor died after about 6 years.

Its comfortable and extremely practical.

Plus you’ve got the knowledge your covered should you have any problems.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
Reply To: vw touran

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: