VW Touran good value for money this quarter?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #84523 Reply
    Duggie

The price and range of the VW Touran is worth consideration in my opinion. 3 years ago there were only 3 models available and the 1.6 family was not the dearest at £1400 AP. I traded in an old banger and the family edition was the one I chose from stock which has performed without a fault. The only negative for me is the positioning of the Sat-Nav screen and the annoying voice that can’t get British place names right.

This time around my Touran is due to be replaced and I nearly overlooked this car in place of a Sharan or Tarraco. Not only is the Touran cheaper for me this time around but with the £600 good condition bonus I think it could be a bargain. As an example the:

Volkswagen Touran 2.0TDI SE is £899 AP

The Volkswagen Touran 2.0TDI SE Family is £1,099 AP

The Volkswagen Touran 1.5 TSI R-Line is £1,199 AP

It’s a great car for the money.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #84581 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The Touran is still the top of my short list and it was a bargain AP of £999 for the DSG SEL this time last year but it was just a shame they couldn’t deliver for 9 months.

It will still be on the list in 2021 when I next renew but I think the model is being replaced about then.

#84625 Reply
    Philjb

We had a Touran for 8 years as a family car and it was faultless, passed every MOT. Ours was a 180 sport tdi dsg, my friend remapped it to around 210bhp and it used to fly and always did mid 40mpg no matter how it was driven.

A lot of people think they are ugly looking cars but they drive so well and shape means it was so practical.

Like all vw’s the interiors are so user friendly.  I very nearly bought another one.

But now my disability has changed I found the Tiguan more comfortable with has more modern tech.

#84627 Reply
    wonky

Hi,   Beware the 1.5 tsi engine !!

See thread

Regards,  wonky

#84628 Reply
    Craig

Think the 1.5 engine is fine with the DSG.

#84844 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Well if the Touran takes as long as my Sharan, don’t expect it to soon! Unless you’re lucky enough to get an order from stock of course.

#84928 Reply
    Philjb

With the Touran being so popular you’re more likely to find dealer stock.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: VW Touran good value for money this quarter?
Your information: