VW Tiguan

• Creator
    Topic
    cw
    Participant

Was talking to a dealer in VW and I asked about the new Tiguan, and he said it will probably be 6 to 9 months before coming on to the scheme. (This was just him thinking out loud) he said he’d imagine they’d want to see how initial sales go first.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

With the way that Motability is going, I wouldn’t be surprised if we only get offered the PHEV variants, at very high APs, and they aren’t on sale yet.

Participant

Just watched a review of it on YouTube gear lever is now on steering wheel

ChrisK
          Participant

Just watched a review of it on YouTube gear lever is now on steering wheel

My current car is a Tiguan and love it being the best MB I’ve ever had, could have been bigger in the boot department with the Allspace being so expensive for low trim level but yes, that shifter on the stalk has put me right off having another Tiguan.

It seems this ideal is finding its way into other VAG cars so will need to look elsewhere in future with exception of the Golf, however I think that model is about to be replace by the Mk9 so we can expect the same with that model too. That said I had a Golf Mk 7 that I also loved but was too low for me and I struggled to get out of it.

Glos Guy
            Participant

The facelifted Hyundai Tucson (just released) also now has a steering column mounted gear shifter. I had a Mercedes E-Class company car around 20 years ago that had a steering column gear shifter and I have to say that I quite liked it. I got used to it in no time at all so it wouldn’t worry me.

We have had 3 VW Tiguans through Motability, and owned one privately, so I would consider another, even though our current BMW X1 betters the Tiguan in almost every respect. The thing that really puts me off the new Tiguan though is not the gear shifter, but the fact that VW don’t fit leather trim, or even faux leather, on their top spec models and the only way to get it is to pay around £2,500 to have leather trim with an electric drivers seat that I don’t need (as I’m the only person who ever drives the car)! Thats just a complete rip off, especially as they don’t even use good quality leather.

kezo
              Participant

Alot of manufacturers are turning back to colum gear levers.

The new Tiggy is all touchscreen based and VW groups infotainment systems aren’t the best.

clappedout
                Participant

The new Kodiaq has just gone on sale and also has the column selector. Has proper knobs for climate, but so many extras in packs, even the SEL. Pano roof £1750. Price gouging comes to Skoda.

moggy
                  Participant

The new infotainment is a big improvement apparently and is now as good as the best in class, according to Autocar.

Glos Guy
                    Participant

The new infotainment is a big improvement apparently and is now as good as the best in class, according to Autocar.

Blimey. They must have improved it ten fold then, because the infotainment in our 2018 Tiguan was absolutely dire and a million miles behind BMW iDrive!

Glos Guy
                      Participant

I see that the PHEV versions of the new Tiguan are now on the VW configurator, so are clearly now available. I would imagine that the Tiguan will come to the scheme, but we may only be offered the PHEV versions at potentially sky high APs. Hopefully the Elegance model will appear, as that’s the best equipped, but I see that iQ lights are now an optional extra, as is leather trim at an eye watering £2k. As I’d want both, that could be a show stopper.

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

kezo
                                Participant

I see that the PHEV versions of the new Tiguan are now on the VW configurator, so are clearly now available. I would imagine that the Tiguan will come to the scheme, but we may only be offered the PHEV versions at potentially sky high APs. Hopefully the Elegance model will appear, as that’s the best equipped, but I see that iQ lights are now an optional extra, as is leather trim at an eye watering £2k. As I’d want both, that could be a show stopper.

If I were a betting man and going of whats already on the scheme, it will be the  the Match model at an eye watering AP!

cw
                                  Participant

Yes, there’s  a PHEV on Autotrader in stock ready to go.

If the Tiguan comes on at a silly AP, I will continue to use my 2 years extended lease on my Rline Tiguan, before coming off the scheme.

kezo
                                    Participant

Yes, there’s a PHEV on Autotrader in stock ready to go. If the Tiguan comes on at a silly AP, I will continue to use my 2 years extended lease on my Rline Tiguan, before coming off the scheme.

Old model/s with 13kWh battery

clappedout
                                      Participant

I agree, Glos guy. The Elegance trim for me being equivalent to my current SEL. Would forgo the pano roof unless buying off scheme. Like cw, I will probably stick with the extended lease into year 5 and re evaluate. Not had the chance to check out the Tuscan as yet, but a fully loaded N line S or ultimate makes more financial sense to me.

in the first year the software was rubbish with freezes and gps dropouts, especially under trees. A major update fixed it but only use CarPlay which is now reliable. That new optional 15” tablet is a distracting monstrosity. At least the 13” better integrated, but Tuscan better

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by clappedout.
                                        • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by clappedout.
                                        cw
                                        Participant

The one I seen on Autotrader yesterday was definitely the new model. However, maybe it was marked up as PHEV by mistake.

I can clearly see the difference between the mk2 Tiguan and the new mk3 Tiguan ?

Glos Guy
                                          Participant

Ever the optimist, I have just done a specification comparison between the Elegance and R-Line models of the new Tiguan, and checked this against my list of essential and desired features that I’m looking for in our next car.

Both models have all the essential features as standard, with one critical exception. We have to have leather or faux leather seats, and the only option is partial leather bundled with electric front seats and driver memory (which I don’t need) at an eye watering cost of £2,070 on the Elegance and £2,120 on the R-Line.

As for the desired features, it’s an even worse picture. Adaptive headlights, that used to be standard on the outgoing Elegance are now a £580 option and, if you want them on the R-Line that jumps to £1,530 as you have to also add a safety pack that’s standard on the Elegance. A fully electric tailgate (standard on the Elegance, along with keyless entry) is £905 on the R-Line . Harman Kardon sound system is a £1,420 option on both models. Thats more than double what BMW charge and VW isn’t a premium brand! I can’t work out if the new Tiguan has Blind-spot assist. Both PHEV variants are 2WD. The Tucson PHEV (which has all of these things as standard on the Ultimate) is 4WD.

The one area where the Tiguan comes out trumps is electric range in the PHEV model. At a claimed 62 miles this is significantly better than its peers.

clappedout
                                            Participant

Car & Autocar also saying the ride a bit firm without the optional dampers. The list goes on. The Kodiaq SEL includes leather power seats. Might be a better option. The SE spec won’t suit me on the scheme as needs too many additional pricey packs. I’ve had VWs going back to a GTI mark 2 in 1987, plus a couple of 3 series and a CRV. Looks like it might be a change to Korean.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.