Vw Tiguan R-Line boot opening.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #107295 Reply

David
    Participant

Hi all

Had my car a week now and really getting on well with it. The technology is quite impressive,BUT………………

Could some one please inform me why i cannot close the boot from inside the car. I know it has the key remote but it doesn’t work while the key is inside the car.

Thanks

David

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107308 Reply

Anneka

Hi. My partner has just gone to the car the figure this out. Turns out. If you pull and hold the boot button that’s in the driver side door, it will close the boot. You can also release it to lower and not fully close it.
    Hope this makes sense and helps 😉

#107320 Reply

David
    Participant

Hi Anneka

Thank you very much for replying. I’ll try this in the morning (in for the night)

David

#107337 Reply

Anneka

Your more than welcome 🥰

#107525 Reply

David
    Participant

Thank you Anneka,

Worked a treat.

David

#107540 Reply

Anneka

Ur more than welcome x

#107554 Reply

Mike

That’s great news

#107561 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I wonder if that will work on the Allspace?

#107566 Reply

Winston

I think all VW Group motors that have an electric tailgate have the button next to the driver door

#107570 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

The Alhambra/Sharan have a button on the centre console, boot and keyfob and all open & close (at least they did on my 2017 car) but I had to have the annoying beep turned off on all but the rear doors when closing (couldn’t have that turned off).

#107577 Reply

Colin
    Participant

I think the Allspace doesn’t have the remote close function as a “safety” feature and can only be closed with the button on the tailgate. I am assuming the reason the regular car does is there is a larger gap between the rear seats and tailgate than there is between the third row and tailgate in the allspace. I assume this is because when in a position to press the button to close the tailgate, they’re assuming you can see if your kits have put fingers in the gaps or something along those lines.

It can be worked around, but not officially, basically by telling the car it’s not in England – guess our rules are stricter than on the continent??? There are OBD hacks which cover this and other things.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#107590 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Yeah, I had my Alhambra coded so it was set to “Rest of the World” instead of “UK” which gave other things like large digital speed display in MPH on the MFD etc.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Vw Tiguan R-Line boot opening.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: