VW tiguan allspace….electric boot lid?

This topic contains 112 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Olpk 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #83975 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Picked up a VW tiguan allspace Match last week, love the car itself however, discovered the ‘electric boot lid’ is an open only!!

The button inside the drivers door  and that on the key fob will only open the boot, to close it you have the only option of pressing the button on the boot lid itself!! Not much help if like me you in  a wheelchair and so cant reach the button!

According to my VW dealer they weren’t aware of this and all just presumed as with the standard tiguan that does have an open/close electric boot, the allspace would be the Same….clearly not!! Even the GM wasn’t aware. They didn’t realise until I got home with the car and rang to say I think my key is broken because i cant shut the boot and they did a little checking that no it won’t do!!

When I was looking at cars it was one of the tech things I told them I needed an electric boot and the 2 motability sales people I spoke to both said yes it was. I would have not ordered it if it wasn’t, why order it if I then couldn’t close the boot!!

Even on handover day the chap showed me the button on the car boot but said he just use the key fob buttons to open and close it!

So so annoying, it’s a really great car, I can get my scooter and wheelchair in the boot together if I need with an autochair hoist,  all my back seats up, and still with some leg room in the back, I just then can’t shut the boot!

Just wanted to let anyone know if they were considering an allspace and want electric boot, apparently it needs to be an ‘easy open’ option to get both electric open and close, if the adviser says it has and even in the brochure it states Electric boot lid, please check and double check!!

Has anyone got an allspace that has fully electric boot?

Viewing 12 replies - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #89755 Reply
    Matthew

This thread has me more confused then when I started looking into it!  I have a year 20 Allspace match currently on the boat the same as OP, I too want the bootlid to close on the key fob as it’s such a pain having to press the button with my walking stick and then try and manoeuvre the wheelchair out of the way before the boot hits me!  What are options if the dealer can’t or won’t enable it?

How much is the equipment needed to do it myself? The cable or if and the software?  I do quote like the idea of tinkering with the other option that uses in those YouTube video’s above!

Is there anyone in the rough vicinity of Hampshire that can do it for me and how much roughly would that cost?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the hijack 😉

#89812 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

OK so I am near Canterbury Kent I can offer anyone help but only can 100% code to button on drivers door to close as mine closed from factory anyway (r line tech) so if your willing to come to me I’ll do it for free.

#89818 Reply
    Winston

Good for you Rico 👌🏻 that’s a great offer on your behalf!

I’d do the same if anyone wanted to drive to Glasgow 😂

#89867 Reply
    Olpk

How do you get all that info about what boat your car is on and arrival dates etc.

I have the tracker app and all I get is “in transit” .

Meant to be enroute from Mexico to germany.

#89931 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

How do you get all that info about what boat your car is on and arrival dates etc. I have the tracker app and all I get is “in transit” . Meant to be enroute from Mexico to germany.

ask dealer for boat name the check on marine traffic

#90057 Reply
    Matthew

Rico (and Winston) that’s a very generous offer  and one I will definitely bear in mind if I can’t get it sorted, thank you so much.

After a bit of googling is this the hardware and software license that you use, or rather can be used? https://obdeleven.com/en/products-page

I quite like the idea of having a fiddle with some.settings and the total price isn’t too bad if it, at the least, can operate boot close by button, and hopefully by the fob also.  Thanks again for everyone’s help.

#90058 Reply
    Winston

No problemo Matthew

Yep that’s the one, I think the Pro version is 45 to 50 bucks, can’t go wrong with it 👍🏻

#90068 Reply
    Dave

No reply from my dealer with regards to the modification – after waiting 4 weeks for a call to be returned whilst they contact “service at seat” or whomever.

I have decided against the OBD11 option and really want to dealer to sort this out with my TARACCO.

It was the first thing I asked when ordering the car – hopefully will get an answer soon.

Dave

#90093 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

If your just after boot options the cheaper route of carisita will be fine

#90290 Reply
    Mark

EMS Highway sails from EmDEN to GRIMSBY (KESS Shipping)

Cant find a ship that does Bremerhaven????

Any ideas

#90507 Reply
    whiteswan
    Participant

Hi

I have the CARISTA as recommended above (£15.99 from amazon with 1 free month of usage) – but no remote boot close option on it.

I did switch on the “locak doors automatically when keys removed from car” option – but that didn’t seem to work……………not sure what I’m doing wrong ?

I did manage to get different logos on infotainment system – but thats not much use !

Can anybody enlighten me ?

Dave

#90708 Reply
    Olpk

You can download the OBD11 app to your phone free of charge to have a look before you buy.

When you open the app click on the 3 lines in top left corner then click on supported vehicles then follow the steps to put in your car then click on the “apps” option.

Then on the next screen you’ve got 3 headings at the top. Adjustments , retrofits and workshop.

You need to go into adjustments but sometimes when it first loads it gives you nothing so click one of the other headings then click back to adjustments and it will populate with a list of stuff available for your car depending on the spec.

Viewing 12 replies - 101 through 112 (of 112 total)
Reply To: VW tiguan allspace….electric boot lid?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: