VW tiguan allspace….electric boot lid?

This topic contains 98 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Olpk 6 days, 17 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #83975 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Picked up a VW tiguan allspace Match last week, love the car itself however, discovered the ‘electric boot lid’ is an open only!!

The button inside the drivers door  and that on the key fob will only open the boot, to close it you have the only option of pressing the button on the boot lid itself!! Not much help if like me you in  a wheelchair and so cant reach the button!

According to my VW dealer they weren’t aware of this and all just presumed as with the standard tiguan that does have an open/close electric boot, the allspace would be the Same….clearly not!! Even the GM wasn’t aware. They didn’t realise until I got home with the car and rang to say I think my key is broken because i cant shut the boot and they did a little checking that no it won’t do!!

When I was looking at cars it was one of the tech things I told them I needed an electric boot and the 2 motability sales people I spoke to both said yes it was. I would have not ordered it if it wasn’t, why order it if I then couldn’t close the boot!!

Even on handover day the chap showed me the button on the car boot but said he just use the key fob buttons to open and close it!

So so annoying, it’s a really great car, I can get my scooter and wheelchair in the boot together if I need with an autochair hoist,  all my back seats up, and still with some leg room in the back, I just then can’t shut the boot!

Just wanted to let anyone know if they were considering an allspace and want electric boot, apparently it needs to be an ‘easy open’ option to get both electric open and close, if the adviser says it has and even in the brochure it states Electric boot lid, please check and double check!!

Has anyone got an allspace that has fully electric boot?

Viewing 23 replies - 76 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #85984 Reply
    Mark

VW advised me that it was not possible on motability to add this option

What have they offerred you and what have you been promised

The MATCH does not have this option available and the SEL is not available on Motability unless in Manual

#85990 Reply
    Mark

@smoo

Home

#85991 Reply
    Mark

they cant order a car and have it built a week later.

I ordered mine in april and its only being built next week…..which dealer is it

#85993 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Hi mark.

I must admit I was surprised they could do it on the match 2020 as the only option they showed VW lists is an ‘easy close’ boot, (as you say) but on the 2019/2018 it apparently was an option that they say could have been ordered on my current car if they’d realised it didn’t have it already.  They’ve promised close will be on the key and the dealer said they are covering the costs… perhaps that means open to other options? I did ask them if they were 100% positive as I wouldn’t go ahead unless they were.  they said three of the agents checked and double checked with VW. I know when we were looking to fix my current car, the tech was already in the car, but it needed a camera or sensor to be able to activate the feature…perhaps they’ve added that?
    Re the build being so quick, they called me to ask if I was particular about my colour choice, (which least of my concerns) as I could get a platinum silver one built this week, so I just went with that.

Ummmm,. I’m worrying now!!
    maybe I’ll pop in the dealership again, and pretend I just want the order number but do some investigations.

Show quoted text

#85994 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

…. and of course any info they give me I’ll come and post….unless I end up in the pub drowning my sorrows!!

#85998 Reply
    Mark

what dealer is it – mine are saying its too late to amend my order despite previously telling me it worked then telling me it wasnt possible

#86000 Reply
    philjb

Mark salesmen are notorious for telling us tall stories to make a sale, remember we can cancel right up to the day of collection.

If the car doesn’t have the features or options promised then don’t put the PIN number in and walk away until they can fix the problem.

Again salesmen will say anything to make us put in the PIN number as then we’ve excepted the car, it goes down as meeting their target for the month, then they can take their time changing stories on who said what, hoping you back down and make do with the car you have.

#86012 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Sorry peeps, but I’m now stressing again, I’ve either got the greatest dealer (which I’m forever appreciative if it’s so) who’s found a way round what others seem to say isnt possible or I’m being led down a route that’s going to leave me in an almighty mess again!

Just wondering is there something the dealers should provide or will on request that can prove exactly what they’ve promised to be in the cars? I have a vehicle order form which just states the car model and selected factory fitted options, but given the colour is wrong, and when they gave it me they were still investigating what the boot option comes under, it’s not right anyway?

Sorry, I hate to keep to coming back asking for anyone to share knowledge again, but recent posts on several threads are making me panic. If I stop in the dealer tomorrow, I’d like to get something from them to show what exactly I’m getting? I’d would be great to know if I can ask or even demand something from them!

Thanks anyone who can help, I know I probably seem pretty clueless…. but I’m trying!!

I was having such a lovely week with the car seemingly sorted and my nephew got 3 x A☆ in his A Levels, yeah I know its clear he got those brains from me……hee hee!

#86032 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Well, I dont know what to think.

I’ve just spoken to my dealer and he said he’s just spec’d it out as ‘soft close option’, and VW have confirmed that option includes boot close button on key fob.  I pointed out other customers of VW are being told soft close does not include the key fob option, but he’s adamant it does as he checked with manufacturer?! Maybe it’s one of the older models, not the 2020 version?

I dont know, but I guess I can’t do much else but wait and trust!

Build week confirmed as week 35 (apparently that’s next week).

Uhhh….

#86047 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

A distinct whiff of bulls**t in the air there Smoo, I wouldn’t believe the dealers if they told me they were all a pack of lying a**holes who were only interested in getting your money and once they have it you stop existing(I actually might if they admitted that).

I really hope you’re one of life’s lucky one’s and a car does turn up with the boot closing on the key fob but after doing a lot of searching into specs and options offered it does look like it’s not available any more and nowhere in any of the official literature does it actually state the boot can be closed anywhere else but on the boot lid button or the stupid leg dance, not one phrase about pressing the button on the key fob anywhere.

#86145 Reply
    Philjb

Smoo ring motability and ask them to help you as you can’t see the spec on the scheme and have little faith in what the salesman is telling you, surely a definitive answer isn’t impossible?

Unless the key fob function is an extra nobody else can seem to order due to safety but you? I think they are still giving you the run around and will plead ignorance.

Do you have another car on your short list as a back up just in case.

#86910 Reply
    Olpk

I have ordered an Allspace and had the same concerns re the rear hatch

The UK price list which lists the standard spec for each model does only list the “Match” as having “electric opening” on the rear hatch.

Only models from SEL up list a fully functioning rear hatch.

There wasnt an option to add it and I just hope OBD11 can do it. The OBD11 app does list the function as addable on the allspace.

#86912 Reply
    Smoo
    Participant

Fingers crossed the OBD11 works for you! I chickened out of that one.  I too saw boot close on keyfob wasnt listed on the function list on the OBD11 website for the allspace, when I looked in to it, someone very clever on this topic said it needed a code? Maybe they can help? It’s on the much earlier posts?

Update. My ‘replacement’ allspace with boot opening and closing on the key fob (????) has left the factory last week in Mexico and on it’s way!  So far the dealer promise of being built within a couple of weeks of ordering has been fulfilled…..yippee!! Sign of good things I hope!!

I spoke to the dealer again saying I’d looked at a kodiaq, that does definitely have it (much appreciated pointer from a forum member)  as I would change to that car if any doubts, but he assured me not to worry the allspace has been spec’d to have both operations via the key fob. Confirmed by someone at VW!

It is the Match, same as I have now but 4wd compared to the 2wd I have at the moment and the newer model. As the dealer are paying for my additions Inc boot and hoist etc, if the allspace works out it’s a lot less ££££s than moving to a different car at this stage and time when I looked to see how long I would need to wait for a kodiaq, wait was months away! Going through winter, rain etc with the idea of  of being able to close my boot straight, away is another big factor I’m persevering!

I’m trying my best not to think about it….it completely consumed me worrying over it all,  when all I can do now is wait!  let’s just say I’m going to be more shocked if it does work out than if it doesn’t,!

As soon as I see the car,  and know whether it does or doesn’t work, I will be back …. happy tears or sad tears, or should I say happy tipsy or sad drunk!!!

#86925 Reply
    Olpk

I’ve got the OBD11 app on my phone and key fob and switch activation for tailgate is on there for the Allspace.

As I understand it OBD11 dont offer options you need a dealer code for. For example I was toying with the dealer option of voice activation for the stereo at £185. OBD11 dont offer that as it needs a dealer pin.

From what I understand your only adding a partial feature as the electric tail gate is already active so no pin is required.

I’ll see when the car comes what the options are.

#86928 Reply
    Winston

Yep that’s exactly how it works,  all the hardware and kit is there, it’s just turned off be default and all you’re doing with OBD11 is switching

I did the exact same with my last Q3 and plenty more besides

Absolutely nothing to worry about

#86929 Reply
    Winston

God some of my text was missing there sorry

I meant, the car comes with it turned off by default, with OBD11 all you are doing is switching it on

Piece of cake

#86941 Reply
    Olpk

#86943 Reply
    Winston

I’ve done most of them and few others on my tiguan, but Id like to be able to use the central locking with ignition on

That would be handy especially as the winter is just around the corner

#86961 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

What is this OBD11 and can i get it for my current Tiguan to tweak stuff on that ???

#87288 Reply
    Mark

i cant find the key fob activation for the closure of the tailgate on the Allspace. i have odb11 ion my phone but cant find it

#87289 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

This is a good introduction to all that obd eleven is:

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/17466-obd-eleven-the-basics/

#87337 Reply
    Olpk

<p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

#87338 Reply
    Olpk

Mark

That’s a screenshot from the OBD11 app on my phone. When you put in the Allspace as your vehicle this comes up as one of the options.

Viewing 23 replies - 76 through 98 (of 98 total)
Reply To: VW tiguan allspace….electric boot lid?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: