VW Sharan inches closer.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Bandit 6 days, 16 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85589 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Got a text update today. Build week finally assigned (doesn’t say which week but guess dealer might be know?)

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #85593 Reply
    Gordon

I ordered  a 2020 model black Volkswagen Sharan 2.0TDI SE NAV from stock coming in October for a 1st of November change over. No waiting at all.

#85594 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Gordon, DSG or manual? There were certainly none of my chosen spec in stock when I ordered in June, least not within my dealers network. Guess like a lot of things it’s a bit of a PC lottery. I don’t fret anyways, they come, they go.

#85600 Reply
    Gordon

Bandit mine is a manual, AP £1,199. I started looking in July for this model and phoned around my local dealers. 1 or 2 said they had them coming in August/September but could not keep them for me that long. This week I phoned a dealer 15 miles away and he said they had a blue one and a black one coming in October. I went down and ordered the 2020 model Black Sharan which they will keep until my change over day on November 1st. I have no idea if it’s pure luck or just good timing. I hope you get yours on time which I’m sure you will from the info I got.

#85601 Reply
    Craig

I’m considering getting a Sharan when my current lease ends in April 2020. I currently drive a Touran 1.4 TSI DSG.

Did any of you guys order extras? I’m looking at adding reversing camera.

#85610 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Don’t you have to add packs nowadays? thought they had stopped being able to add single items?

Maybe not, just had a look and it’s only available as an option on all models at a cost of £330, wow.

#85620 Reply
    JS

Check the small print some vehicles include things like parking sensors/cameras on a Motability vehicle when it’s available as a individual extra. I’m not up to speed with as to if VW is one of these.

#85622 Reply
    JS

I’ve had a quick look and can’t see that it’s included with VW. I know I’ve read it on a few manufacturers/motability vehicles. Ford as an example by reading the boring small print it could save some having to upgrade or pay extra as some things are included and fitted to all Motability vehicles. Taken from Ford motability list:

[††]Vehicles shown are vehicles available on the Motability Scheme. Please note that these vehicles are subject to availability and you should check with your Motability Accredited Ford Dealer for the availability of your preferred vehicle. Where offered, Appearance Pack and Active City Stop are subject to availability. Rear parking sensors will be included on all new Ford cars contracted through the Motability Scheme by a Ford Authorised Dealer (if not already as standard).

#85627 Reply
    Craig

When I ordered my Touran in 2017 I added the reversing camera as an extra.  Cost about £275 then I think.

#85628 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

When I ordered my Touran in 2017 I added the reversing camera as an extra. Cost about £275 then I think.

Still £275 for the Touran but £330 for the Sharan, must be a bigger camera so bigger price. 😁

#85640 Reply
    Craig

Camera still isn’t HD. 😀

#85683 Reply
    Bandit

Gordon, I had to have DSG. I can’t see the Sharan is a real volume seller these days and expect VW do periodic production runs, one of which is seemingly about to happen.

Craig, No I didn’t order any extras, just straight 2.0tdi SE Nav DSG. Ordered in end of June with 250 discount (so 849 instead of 1099) and usual agreement if Q3 price went down, but unsurprisingly it didn’t!

#86006 Reply
    Bandit

Rang dealer on Monday and spoke to the “Motability man” to see if he was able to see which actual build week had been assigned. “Oh I’ll see what I can find out Mr B, I’ll ring or  text you later Mr B”. Rang again yesterday, left msg with receptionist reminding him. As I sit here late Thur evening, still not a dickie bird.

I know I’m only one of many customers, but I also know that others on here already feel that Motability customers are treated, at best, like 2nd class customers and, sometimes it’s easy to see why!

#87526 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Closer still!

Just got a text. Order has progressed to stage 5a of 7. Left factory, in transit. Yay!

On a side note, two calls to the dealership when I got the build week assigned text, to try and ascertain which build week had been assigned, both resulted in hearing absolutely nothing back. Nada. Like others have said, we really do appear to be taken for granted and thought of ‘lesser’ customers.

#87612 Reply
    Philjb

Bandit that’s about right, only one vw dealer (Reading).

Were really interested in my custom, my local dealer and the next closest never got back to me ever.

Reading actively kept me updated with emails, calls and video clips.

I’d definitely use them again if there are any decent cars from them at change time.

The sharran is long in the tooth but there’s still nothing to compare for the money.

We nearly went for one but we’d only really need all that space once or twice a year.

#87701 Reply
    smoggy

diesel or petrol

I recently had the 1.4 tsi as a courtesy car and it was the most awful drive ive ever experienced so much turbo lag that it was a pretty jerky drive. no gradual wind up through the rev range.

Like it had 2 settings off and jet engine mode.

#87713 Reply
    Bandit

Diesel smoggy. I had a 1.4tsi DSG golf once, that was swift and smooth. Can imagine that the Sharan could be a touch too big and heavy though.

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: VW Sharan inches closer.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: