VW REMOVING ID3 ID4 AND ALL TIGUAN

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169916 Reply
    Ronz UK

Just had this from VW:

Update 24 November 2021: all derivatives of ID.3, ID.4 and Tiguan will be removed from the Motability scheme from Tuesday 30 November 2021 at 5pm, due to high levels of orders.

We want to give you as much notice as possible for you to close down all open enquiries, get orders onto SLI and applications on the Motability portal by the end of 30 November at 5pm..

I have just got this news and contacted Motability to see if there was anything could do to get this ordered prior to your renewal date, they quoted the below to me.

Sadly customers cannot order a replacement vehicle prior to their renewal date as they are not in the 3 month renewal period as per your terms and conditions.

Im 10 days out and Motability won’t let me order early…

Viewing 6 replies - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #170182 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The post appears to have drifted off topic. Interesting comments nevertheless.

#170202 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

We’re just biding time fwippers until Tuesday to see if the 1021 cars available on Motability today goes down into a triple figure number with all the VW’s being removed Tuesday.

#170210 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

We’re just biding time fwippers until Tuesday to see if the 1021 cars available on Motability today goes down into a triple figure number with all the VW’s being removed Tuesday.

There are 16 ID3/4 /Tiguans on the scheme which will leave 1005 unless VW reduce the choice of trims on other models. Tension building!

#170244 Reply
    Warkman

It’s not a case of turning away business, rather there are more demands for the cars than supply.

they are not a charity, they will always sell to people with a higher margin than to discounted schemes.

#170289 Reply
    ldc7080

you should try a different dealer.  my dealer JCT600 wakefield ordered my car on the 26.08.21  , my renewal did not come through until the 20th Sept.  he just sent me the form electronically to do an e signature.  there is no risk in an order for an id3 at all given the demand for the things right now.  if you were to pull out there would be 3 other people willing to fulfil the order.

#170584 Reply
    Daf

Lord muc

As always the “devil’s in the detail” with the NHS car leasing scheme. Given the fact that there are  1.3 million people working for the NHS and only 75000 have taken advantage of the scheme I thought there must be a catch.

Firstly you have to have a salary over £25,000 pa to participate in the scheme and despite what is being said on this thread most people in the NHS don’t earn that much. When you apply for a quote they take the proposed cost of the lease from your gross salary and if that takes you below the minimum wage your application is rejected.

Also the monthly figure they quote assumes you are only doing 6000 miles per annum and that you are a higher rate tax payer. They then take the savings you make(tax NI and Pension) from the quoted figure to give the net.

So it’s only as good as it seems if you are earning £50 k plus per annum and don’t do a lot of mileage. Good if you meet the criteria but the vast majority of NHS employees don’t.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 6 replies - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
Reply To: Reply #170584 in VW REMOVING ID3 ID4 AND ALL TIGUAN
Your information: