VW REMOVING ID3 ID4 AND ALL TIGUAN

• Creator
    Topic
  • #169916 Reply
    Ronz UK

Just had this from VW:

Update 24 November 2021: all derivatives of ID.3, ID.4 and Tiguan will be removed from the Motability scheme from Tuesday 30 November 2021 at 5pm, due to high levels of orders.

We want to give you as much notice as possible for you to close down all open enquiries, get orders onto SLI and applications on the Motability portal by the end of 30 November at 5pm..

I have just got this news and contacted Motability to see if there was anything could do to get this ordered prior to your renewal date, they quoted the below to me.

Sadly customers cannot order a replacement vehicle prior to their renewal date as they are not in the 3 month renewal period as per your terms and conditions.

Im 10 days out and Motability won’t let me order early…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #169919 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Ronz UK, your dealer may agree to place the order with VW now, and put it through Motability on your renewal date.  Glos Guy did this with his BMW, I recall.  Worth asking..

#169920 Reply
    Ronz UK

I did ask that but she said that the car wouldnt be on the list so it couldnt be ordered.

#169921 Reply
    Ronz UK

So many cars have gone, theres nothing I can fit in with my body brace, its kust a joke now. The only people who win in this are the bankers who finance the scheme

#169923 Reply
    Paul

<p style=”text-align: left;”>With the tiguain going again, orders for the ford kuga  will rise and then that will leave scheme next.</p>

#169924 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ronz UK, your dealer may agree to place the order with VW now, and put it through Motability on your renewal date. Glos Guy did this with his BMW, I recall. Worth asking..

Not quite Wigwam. I ordered our last Tiguan 2 months before our 3 month window (so 5 months before lease expiry) BUT, as Ronz says, the car has to still be available to order from Motability when your 3 month order window opens. So it wouldn’t work in this case.

Interesting that VW are saying that it’s due to high demand. No mention of the chip shortage.

Yet more bad news for a scheme that seems to be imploding. Only 1 of the 6 cars that we had on our shortlist in March now remains, not that we would want one (and it’s gone up £1,200).

• This reply was modified 3 days, 13 hours ago by Glos Guy.
    #169925 Reply
    struth
    Participant

So many cars have gone, theres nothing I can fit in with my body brace, its kust a joke now. The only people who win in this are the bankers who finance the scheme

have you tried the kona. its surprisingly big for getting into. i struggle with most vehicles but if seat is at lowest is got in and out fin. better than my current motor.

#169932 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

It’s about time Motability encouraged other manufacturers to join the scheme and drop the silly caps.

#169935 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

VW appears to be prioritizing private and commercial buyers over Motability. Whilst this could have a good business case I wonder when the cars might return and the attitude of potential motability  customers ? It looks like the scheme numbers are heading south of the psychologically important 1000 figure. The loss of these 3 VW’s will take us to 1005.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 11 hours ago by fwippers.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 11 hours ago by fwippers. Reason: Additional important information
    #169941 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

“Salary Sacrifice Schemes” are popping up all over the place with many companies jumping on the band wagon and great tax breaks from the Government.

The demand for EVs is going through the roof so the manufacturers do not need Motability Customers.

We are at the end of the queue and likely to stay that way for a while yet.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#169949 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Sadly true. The viability of the Motability scheme is under threat.

#169950 Reply
    Lord muc
    #169951 Reply
    Lord muc

<p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

#169953 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

Car Companies turning their backs on business,their pockets must be full.

#169956 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

In both my son and son in laws business’s this scheme is open to ALL workers, not just management. Both work for large companies with thousands of employee’s.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#169966 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

This is the route I will be looking at as at least I would be getting a car I like rather than the none I currently like on the Motability scheme.

#169975 Reply
    Chris M

Re Salary sacrifice scheme, i mentioned in another topic that i am now in charge of implementing the Octopus EV scheme in my work.  The company will be set up in the scheme hopefully before christmas.

Once set up i’ll get a quote for an ev that is on the scheme for a 3 year lease (all in, including insurance, maintenance, tyres etc), 20k miles PA and base it on a salary of £30k.  Obviously how much you pay is calculated on what salary you are on.  But it will give an indication compared to what we would pay through motability, assuming the cars stay available on the scheme……..

#169978 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Re Salary sacrifice scheme, i mentioned in another topic that i am now in charge of implementing the Octopus EV scheme in my work. The company will be set up in the scheme hopefully before christmas. Once set up i’ll get a quote for an ev that is on the scheme for a 3 year lease (all in, including insurance, maintenance, tyres etc), 20k miles PA and base it on a salary of £30k. Obviously how much you pay is calculated on what salary you are on. But it will give an indication compared to what we would pay through motability, assuming the cars stay available on the scheme……..

That will be really interesting Chris. It would also be worth looking at what the costs are on 10k mileage, which is probably more representative of the mileage that most Motability customers do in a year. It always amuses me when people discount private leases ‘because Motability allow 20k miles pa’, yet return their cars after 3 years with less than 30k miles on the clock 😂

#169980 Reply
    Chris M

@Glos Guy, will do

#169992 Reply
    Chris

That’s one of that cars I wanna gonna test drive off the list then :/ I’m due to renew in January

#170001 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I got caught on the first wave of withdraws of the Tiguan back in July but got an order in now so hopefully that all goes ahead.

Looking below at this report today it looks like Ford maybe about to remove all there cars from Motability to though it does not mention Motability but to them I’m sure Motability are just small fry so don’t be surprised when there gone.

https://tinyurl.com/xup2sy6e

#170004 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Having another think about this and this is what I’m seeing with the VW Tiguan in mind (other VW’s may be the same) the Tiguan was withdrawn from Motability a few weeks before they increased the retail price of the cars, after the increase said cars return with higher AP’s.

As it happens there is a price increase due on the first of December across the retail range so again the cars have gone and my guess will be back on Q1 22 with an even larger than ever AP after new negotiations with Motability.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 19 hours ago by ChrisK. Reason: add in
    #170009 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Are the AP’s or any part of the deals really negotiated these days, or are Motability   presented with a fait accompli I wonder?

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#170022 Reply
    Ian

Before committing to staff salary car schemes please do check the impact to your pension.

#170024 Reply
    brydo

Ian tell me more!

#170025 Reply
    ldc7080

I see that and it just re affirms   what a good deal i have on Motability.  ID3 Tour ordered so better spec.  up to 20k per year.  all the same benefits for i think around £280 a  month  ok so i had to pay a AP of £1349 but i got a free wall charger and don’t have to pay the small amount of company car tax.

It is a shame they are coming off the scheme.  also horrible for anyone who is stuck in Q1 2022 i imagine there will be below 1000 cars at that point?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
Reply To: VW REMOVING ID3 ID4 AND ALL TIGUAN
Your information: