VW Order Tracker

This topic contains 162 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Zaheer76 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #80808 Reply

ZaheerUK76

That’s good to hear a Winston – is hate to hear that one of the options (Side Scan our Emergency Assist) we’ve paid for now comes standard!

Couldnt help myself and called VW Customer Services again to get an update (some of the advisers have acquainted to already after numerous calls). I’ve been a right pita I know!

Been told there are 8 production points and mine is at production point 5 (I’m sure 5/8 is 62.5%!). WTH does that mean!

Besides his guess that I should expect my car around mid-August! Lollll!!

I’m going insane aren’t I?

#80809 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Yep you sure are, you just need to chill, take deep breaths and accept its all out of our hands lol

#80811 Reply

Rico
    Participant

That’s good to hear a Winston – is hate to hear that one of the options (Side Scan our Emergency Assist) we’ve paid for now comes standard! Couldnt help myself and called VW Customer Services again to get an update (some of the advisers have acquainted to already after numerous calls). I’ve been a right pita I know! Been told there are 8 production points and mine is at production point 5 (I’m sure 5/8 is 62.5%!). WTH does that mean! Besides his guess that I should expect my car around mid-August! Lollll!! I’m going insane aren’t I?

Side scan is a lovely feature tbh, I love it

#80812 Reply

ZaheerUK76

Rico – apparently the Emergency Assist option (priced exActly the same as Side Scan at £410) includes Side Scan and other features – such as Lane Assist at Slow Speeds, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, as well as the Emergency Assist. Didn’t know this at time of ordering to be honest. Boggles my mind why VW would offer Side Scan on its own at the same price.

#80827 Reply

Russell

ZaheerUK76, in all honesty re my cleaning my car, to be honest its like brand new, I’m a bit  OCD when it comes to my cars, the body work is mint in all honesty, I fully valet my own cars i.e. clay bar, polish, apply sealants, and wax’s as this is for my 12yr old car so I am lucky I can get round to do these things. although with my COPD its getting harder as times goes by. but all my cars goes back sometimes better looking then I got them, (apart from mileage of course) Roger as sent some really nice personal videos of the car to my daughter with so much care its unreal how far this man has gone for my daughter. just one example of this mans care to us. https://video.citnow.com/vt5RtYLMbwn?fbclid=IwAR3hIS8VPJ9wde_QCPSfREXOwTp7J_n4Xnr7Dg0_x_ntbd67tZuPm_Cgo0A

#80885 Reply

Russell

Well just took my 12yr old daughter to collect her car, to say she is impressed is a under statement, and for me as a driver, I can not give a honest review as yet on the R line tech 2 wheel drive 150 manual as yet due to not covering enough mileage seen as I’ve only had it a few hours. but it looks good though lol.

#80886 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Russell.  Your post / photo really cheered me up, enjoy what is undoubtedly one of the finest cars on the Scheme.

#80896 Reply

Russell

Thank you, i do after owning it come across a a couple of issues i need to read up on,  I’ve got a orange warning bulb light on but none is out. I’ve got a warning triangle display on, unsure what’s that all about. also got really bad Condensation in both front indicator LED strips. (been reading this is normal for new cars and will eventually go!!!) I’ve got some photos but its on friends phone at the moment so can not upload them. I will have to look in the manual that looks like war and peace its that thick and see what the warning lights are. the auto boot with the foot only works if you have unlocked the car first. i thought you could approach the rear and open it with out getting your fob out or touching the doors first. that was the whole point really for the senor boot while your hands are full you can wave your leg and it would open. also little picking here, I like to know when my head lights are on by the way of a symbol on the dash or something even on auto settings I like to know when there off or on. this car does not show it. I just get a bit stressed thing are they on or off if the old bill is behind me. but my daughter thinks its comfortable 10 minutes in the car and she is asleep.

#80897 Reply

Zaheer76

Congratulations Russell! Glad your daughter loves the car – that’s all that matters surely!

#80904 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Russell thats a great pic of the little one and the bold Roger 👌🏻

Hopefully those issues you mentioned yesterday aren’t anything serious

Look forward to your updates 😂

Enjoy 😎

#80905 Reply

HammerHead
    Participant

Congrats to you Russell and your daughter of course 🙂

the auto boot with the foot only works if you have unlocked the car first. i thought you could approach the rear and open it with out getting your fob out or touching the doors first. that was the whole point really for the senor boot while your hands are full you can wave your leg and it would open. also little picking here, I like to know when my head lights are on by the way of a symbol on the dash or something even on auto settings I like to know when there off or on

Concerning! Can other owners confirm this please and is it normal?

Thanks.

HH.

#80950 Reply

Russell

ok bit more info having done a bit of research, the out swipe boot opening now works even when car is fully locked as long as keys are in pocket or your handbag close to car of course, your foot will open the boot whilst leaving the rest of the car locked as it should do. to close it you can use the fob and hold the button down. you can also operate the boot open/close via the switch inside near the drivers side door card.  next concern was the headlight icon that is not visible on the dash to say your lights have activated. been informed that on the headlight switch it will turn green if the lights come on. I hope that helps anyone with concerns. sorry for been a pain.

#80977 Reply

Zaheer76

Russel – did you order any options on your Tig?

#80978 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Speaking of options Zaheer, did you take anything else bar side scan and heated rear outer seats?

#80980 Reply

ZaheerUK76

Winston – No. Those were the only options I ticked off. Did you order any extras?

#80981 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Well I’ve went for the auto ( that’s not really a choice though these days )

Got the car in Oryx White, Upgraded stereo and subwoofer, Side Steps ( don’t do too much but look nice ) had it debadged ( which is free ) Rubber Mats front and back and the aluminium strip in the boot ( my current car has this and I was annoyed this one didn’t  lol )

Maybe something else, but cany quite think of it.nothing major though

Won’t be long for us now eh

I’m a wee bit excited, but right now I’m feeling that I’m going to miss current car terribly 😭

#80984 Reply

Russell

@Zaheer76, No I did not go for any added options, as the Rline tech really is full of toys already, I’ve signed up to car net as well,  (free). and the Mrs was following me live sat at home on her phone watching me where I was going. now I am really Buggered lol. although I have bought some wind deflectors for it from  eBay, and I fitted them yesterday (10 minute job) I just need to fit my new dual dash cam in at some point today if I can get round to it. but up to press the car itself is all good, ok a little unpowered to my other car to what I have been used to but I am sure I will get used to this one quite quickly. but in all I do nor have any regrets paying and picking this car for our family’s needs. and I am sure you will all be happy once you all get yours what you have ordered.

#80985 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Russell, that’s you snookered mate! The Mrs will know every move you make 😭😂

I judt got the notification… That’s my car landed in the UK 😎

#80987 Reply

Zaheer76

I just got notified that my car has been updated to “Stage 5 – In Transit” – wohooo!

@ Winston – you got some nice extras there. Did you order the rubber mats from the dealer or elsewhere? I’ll be needing those too! I’m assuming you’ll be picking yours up some part of next week?

@ Russell – I’m coming from a 230bhp 25d X1 xDrive but I’ve driven standard 20d 150bhp xDrive and it seemed fine to me. I suppose I don’t blast the car much and run in Eco almost all the time so ill probably get used to mine being 150 bhp. And perhaps the fact that it does not have 4wd will make it lighter!

#80988 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Yeah just ordered through the dealer, I like things straight forward and it saves me any faffing about

I too will be down on power with this 150tdi, not as much as you though Zaheer  but how fast can you go these days? lol

I must admit I do like a car with a bit of poke to it, but these ones are big high comfy cruisers, so hopefully it won’t be too annoying, I usually always have my current audi in dynamic mode with the gearbox set to sport and I’ll prob have the Tiguan the the very same

Will I miss the 4wd?hmm probably not 95% of the time ( I hope ha )

The sun is splitting the sky today up here, maybe hitting 27 later on, which is 7 degrees too hot for me, so here’s hoping when I get the nod to go pick it up it’ll be a nice day

Travelling down to order it was like driving through a cyclone lol

I’ll just book the Hull Travelodge and aim to get there about midnight, get a few hours kip and shower in the morning 👍🏻

#81091 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Well I was sitting on the throne this morning, as you do.. And I got a nice little email from the main man Roger at JCT600 with a funny little Scottish themed video of my car sitting there with Proclaimers barring away and a member of staff with his See You Jimmy Hat on, I almost fell of said throne with laughter 🤣

So I will be collecting it next Friday morning

I’ll travel down from Glasgow on Thurs evening and stay overnight in a wee hotel and collect it first thing

So one week to go and its all systems go

Unless of course the Lambo Urus or Merc G Wagon appear on the scheme on 1st July 🙄🤣

If you’re looking for a Tiguan or VW, fancy great service and a substantial discount then give Roger a call at JCT600 in Hull

Can’t go wrong 👍🏻

#81094 Reply

ZaheerUK76

Great News Winston! Bet you really looking forward to it now!

#81095 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Thanks Zaheer,

I am now that I’ve saw it, it was still wrapped out but I’ll get another video next week when the side steps are on etc 😎

#81109 Reply

ZaheerUK76

Winston – why is it taking one week for collection? I thought you’d have it sooner?!

#81110 Reply

Winston
    Participant

It always take a few working days from when it arrives at the dealers, I’m sure I read Motability have some rule which enforces this

Then you have to factor in Rogers workload and handovers which I’m sure he has plenty of, I imagine he sees Tiguans in his sleep, then my car will need all the relevant registering, paperwork, testing etc, plus my side steps being fitted

So with all that  I’m perfectly happy to wait a week 😎

I don’t think you’re ever gonna win Mr Patience 🤔😂😂

All the worrying and fretting in the world won’t speed things up my friend lol

Is your car built now?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 162 total)
Reply To: VW Order Tracker

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: