VW Order Tracker

This topic contains 545 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Anneka 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 545 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104699 Reply

Colin
    Participant

As far as I know, yes, but I’m going to double-check before I drive up. I did send an email yesterday asking for confirmation and if the wheelchair I’ve ordered is there.  Really not that bothered if it isn’t, I just want to know before I waste time (and Diesel) going up, and knowing if the chair is there will help me decide if I should take my current chair or not.  Hopefully I’ll hear something soon as currently, I’m due to go collect in about 4 1/2 hours lol

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#104714 Reply

Anneka

Alex the grey looks amazing 🥰 Colin not long left now.
    I don’t think I will get mine now till next weekend or the week after as I don’t know how I will feel healthwise but at least the car is here and I can get once I give the go ahead. I’ve now been offered £250 due to not been happy but motability have advised I still raise a complaint directly with the sales manager as it’s not acceptable with how things have gone so far. But I really have no energy lol for all of that

#104715 Reply

Zuby

@Anneka, hope all goes well with and after your treatment. I would defo speak to manager and maybe ask for area manager details. We should not be given a different treatment of customer service because of our disability’s, (not saying we should always play the disability card when we are not happy but we should speak up for ourselves)

#104722 Reply

Chris

At what point do you get the 8 digit official VW order no?

ordered last weekend have an order form from the dealer with estimated delivery date of  9th April (seems so long away) but no order no on it

ordered rline tech in white with side scan with £400 off ap

#104732 Reply

Alex

Yeah it’s indium grey I really wanted this colour as all you ever see is white lol

#104733 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

At what point do you get the 8 digit official VW order no? ordered last weekend have an order form from the dealer with estimated delivery date of 9th April (seems so long away) but no order no on it ordered rline tech in white with side scan with £400 off ap

If you have got a good salesman would should have been given an order straight. I my self entered my order directly into the ordering system (supervised by my salesman) and at the end of the order it threw up a confirmation with the order number at the top of the page.

If they cannot provide number possibly means they have had their quota and cannot physically order until tomorrow at the earliest..

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#104734 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Ah well, no car for me today lol

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#104738 Reply

Zuby

@colin, any news when?

#104739 Reply

Colin
    Participant

nope, just we will rearrange

#104740 Reply

Zuby

ahh, hopefully another couple of days to go

#104747 Reply

Winston

@zaheer

what was the issue again on your first Tiguan again mate?

#104761 Reply

Ad1

Hi Colin,

I’ve always been told the dealer needs the car for 4 days before they can do the handover, so this may be the reason for the delay. Hope you enjoy once received.

#104762 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

That is correvt. The dealer has to give 5 days notice to Motability before the car can handed over.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#104763 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Maybe he’s trying to short-cut the system, he did say something about having to let them know for the insurance etc.  Here’s hoping the Volvo is still insured lol

Note: I checked on the ‘net – the car is still listed as insured, will check again tomorrow before I drive it lol

#104769 Reply

mitch
    Participant

maybe theyre aiming for a coordinated mass handover lol.

#104781 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Gonna be Tiguans hogging the disabled space all over the place lol – well if I can get the local council to give me a badge – really not being co-operative at the moment

#104783 Reply

Winston

I thought if you have the enhanced rate of mobility for PIP\DLA you automatically meet the criteria for a blue badge?

what is the councils issue with u?

if they are being tools then why don’t you try the organisation who issue the blue badges mate?

#104790 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Basically they asked for my proof of entitlement, specifically the part of my PIP award letter showing the points, then rejected it because it was dated over 12 months ago, even though it specifically says the award is still good for nearly 2 years.  They are making me get in touch with PIP to ask for a new copy with a recent date before they’ll send in the application.

Like many of us, contacting the DWP when it isn’t absolutely essential is something I don’t want to do so I keep putting off…

I wasn’t aware there was a direct application option. I did my original application via the .gov.uk website where I provided all the information and evidence. Sunderland Council then contacted me, made me completely re-apply from scratch, never mentioned the less than 12 month old letter thing at any point. When I called asking where the badge was as it was nearly 3 weeks when they told me 8-10 days, THAT’S when I was told the application hadn’t even been put in because of the age of the award letter.

As a bonus I have a £90 parking ticket sitting here unpaid because I used a space at the local shopping centre and I missed the deadline for appeal/lower amount. Just another thing I need to get sorted. Might try to do something about that tomorrow – my best chance at this point is, I believe, to contact the shopping centre and moan at them about it, especially as the parking attendant watched me putting the wheelchair into the car.  I did have the little clock card on the dash, deliberately right at the edge so I could try a “it must have slipped off, but surely, seeing that half of the card should have made any attendant think he probably has one”

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Colin.

#104795 Reply

Smithy

@Colin – My partner has had to reapply for the blue badge was was close to expiry. Applied through the council and was then told a letter is needed from DWP due to letter shared is over 12 months so they can confirm the indefinite decision made over 25 years ago is still valid. Waited for the DWP to send another letter which was very quickly. Sent to the council and paid the £10 administration fee and never heard from them again. Now chasing as it hasn’t gone to print and the money was paid three weeks ago.

#104807 Reply

Zaheer76

@winston The issue (very unique and unheard of) was that it kept throwing errors codes (Lane Assist error, Dynamic Road sign Assist error, Headlight Beam/Cornering Light Error, ACC inactive) – it was horrible and very annoying. They removed and refitted the windscreen about 7 times after which it was fine only for a few days until they all re-appeared.

Apparently, that first Tiguan had issues with “Water Ingress at the windshield” at factory which the dealers were unable to rectify! I’m surprised it left the factory like that.

Secondly, I have noticed that the tune of the engine/gearbox on our new one (only 6 months newer) seems definitely to be different. It’s quieter, shifts much more smoothly, less lag, and better economy. Very stranger. I always use BP Fuel with the occasional tank of Ultimate to keep the DPF functioning well though.

After changing the throttle to Direct however, the car is a different beast and much more enjoyable to drive!

#104809 Reply

Winston

Doesn’t sound good at all, fingers crossed this new one has no gremlins hidden in store for you 🤞🏻

the reason I asked is because yesterday I got a few error messages pop up, Lane assist , road sign assist and ACC inactive and I thought of you straight away lol

the first 2 cleared themselves after 10 mins of driving , but the ACC was off for the rest of my journey

So before I tried again this morning I did a scan with Carista and it flagged up a few faults , one being ACC, anyways I cleared them all and went out a wee drive to test it

only thing that was an issue was the ACC inactive message , I must admit I rarely use it so maybe a bit rusty when going to set it and what buttons does what

but after a few button clicks it sprung into life

but I’ll def be keeping any eye on it lol

#104812 Reply

Winston

One thing our new and new to be Tiguan owners might want to do is replace bulb in the boot

the interior lights are all LED bar the glove box and boot

glove box isn’t a big deal but the boot one is pathetic

luckily it’s a 2 min job to replace and cheap as chips for a more modern brighter Led bulb

I’ve just done my pals Tiguan there

this is taken during the day obviously but at night the results are quite literally night and day

here’s a few pics of before , after and the 2 bulbs next to each other

#104813 Reply

Winston

#104814 Reply

Winston

#104816 Reply

Winston

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 545 total)
Reply To: VW Order Tracker
Your information: