VW Order Tracker

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 545 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104621 Reply
    Anneka

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Mitch sounds like an absolute bargain wow 🤩  things definitely start to add up once you start adding things u need and like.</p>

@ Zaheer76UK what is Carista and the settings you have adapted tell me more sounds like something I may want to do. Are u loving the new colour more than ur white one aswell?

@Winston
    what’s the gadget ur referring to aswell are these added extras or something after the car is purchased?

Winston I have what people call a resting b1tch face lool but I could be happy as Larry and no one would even know lol

#104628 Reply
    ZaheerUK76

@Anneka I still think it looks best in white – part of me thinks I should have got the Tungsten Silver as imo the Indium Grey doesn’t show off the black accents well enough.

Carista is an iOS App (also Android) that allows you to change certain characteristics to your liking. You can change what happens when you lock unlock car etc disable seatbelt ding etc  as well as some driving characteristics. You have to purchase a OBD adapter that plugs into a port under the steering which allow your phone to connect to the car. I didn’t like the lag in low gears and the sudden surge in revs – so I’ve changed it to get a more linear response when I step on the accelerator – makes driving around town much better!

#104629 Reply
    ZaheerUK76

@Winston Thanks mate! Yes I’m still playing around with settings – I’m trying to get the alarm to beep on lock – not working at the moment!

#104630 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

You need to adjust the acoustics sounds to get it to beep on lock/unlock which unfortunately you cannot do in Carista.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#104632 Reply
    ZaheerUK76

Thanks for the heads up Newfie!

#104635 Reply
    Winston

@anneka

this is just a little guide of some things OBD11 can do, Carista is very similar

both relatively cheap, both simple to use and both really handy bits of kit to have If you want to be able to personalise things, change certain things in the car that are either not available through your normal menu or some things that a dealer may charge you for

anyways here it is

if you google both you’ll be able to have a nosey and even download the apps to your phone , OBD11 is only available on IOS just now

but you’ll be able to see what you can and can’t do

enjoy

#104636 Reply
    Anneka

@Zaheer76UK oh ok ok this is my first white car I’m always dark grey which hides the dirt so dreading trying to keep it clean. The tungsten silver was one of my choices aswell. I’ve seen a few in ur Indium grey and they look really nice.

ahhhh thanks for educating me on that I will be adding those to the list of things to purchase. I don’t know much about tech and changing things but I know a man who does so I will get him to show me how.

#104637 Reply
    Winston

Sorry I meant OBD11 is not available on IOS just now , only Android

#104639 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

@Anneka

Has any of these kind lasses and chaps pointed out this forum. https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk

Its a very good forum for keeping up to date with all sorts of aspects concerning the VW Tiguan mk2.

#104642 Reply
    Anneka

Oh wow thanks u all really appreciate all the info a lot tech things there then and the forum looks great I’ll be on there all night 😊

#104643 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

I know Zaheer and Winston are on that forum along with myself. I have the same user name on that site as it appears on this one.

You get hooked reading the topics and posts.

Happy surfing.

#104646 Reply
    Alex

So I picked up my tiggy this afternoon and all I can say is I’m so happy with it’s an amazing car and the ride is great..

#104647 Reply
    Smithy

Picked up the Tiguan R Line on Monday and the six months free Apple Music was a nice touch. Couldn’t be happier with the choice we made.

#104648 Reply
    Winston

Great to hear Alex, stick some pics up when you can

congratulations mate 🙌🏻

#104649 Reply
    Winston

Just missed ur post Smithy so the same applies to you lol

get some pics up when you can mate

#104661 Reply
    Alex

#104665 Reply
    Winston

very nice mate 🙌🏻

#104668 Reply
    Tommy

Alex is that metallic grey?

#104669 Reply
    Winston

Yep that’s the Indium Grey Metallic paint mate

#104670 Reply
    Tommy

Mine is a factory order, went in bout 10 days ago I think, got the tiguan allspace match dsg 4motion at q4 prices with £500 discount on AP SO £949 but with gcb only shelling out £349, my current lease finishes 29th March, do you guys think I’ll have it by then or think I’ll be waiting a while longer

#104671 Reply
    Winston

They are all factory orders mate unless one happens to be sitting on a forecourt ( maybe a cancelled order etc – but they are very very rare )

I don’t want to alarm you or put you off but if it’s an Allspace order from scratch you could be waiting 6/9 months going by how long others have waited – fingers crossed 🤞🏻

I’m sure you won’t have to extend your lease as Motability will be aware that you’ve placed an order for your new car, but you should give Motability a little call if that gives you a little reassurance 🙂

#104672 Reply
    JS

Tommy as Winston says Don’t worry your order is in and you will remain in your current vehicle until your New one is Available, you don’t have to do anything, the dealership and Motability sort it between themselves.

If you’ve been given a close delivery date then they may well of sourced a stock vehichle from somewhere or took another dealers build slot to add to their totals, but again as Winston has pointed out the wait list is longer and you may find the dealership keeps moving the goal posts to suit them.

#104678 Reply
    Tommy

Tbh I don’t mind waiting, even if it is 9 months, I currently have a alhambra auto excellence lux 184 bhp and its the best car I’ve had on the scheme in 18 years, if I could’ve hot the same car again I would have but the AP went sky high, with my £600 gcb I’m only forking out £349 for the allspace so hopefully worth the wait, one question I have is, I ordered the car from Bradford as the dealership had a £500 AP discount which the Liverpool branch were unwilling to match, if I wanted a test drive would I be able to do that in Liverpool or would I have to go to Bradford?, when I told the motability salesman in Liverpool I was going to Bradford he just shook his head and walked away from me, whereas when we were looking round the car 5 minutes earlier he couldn’t do enough for us

#104679 Reply
    JS

You can test drive anywhere. Even if they want to see evidence of entitlement just tell them your moving to the area soon or just moved, after the test drive point out you like the vehicle and would be willing to order but you have been offered a discount else where, if they don’t budge then it’s their lose and £500 discount more than covers a couple of trips a few miles down the road and then some, let alone the principle of the matter. Having the other offer in either writing/text/email always helps budge even the most stubborn of sales people.

#104698 Reply
    Zuby

@colin, is your collection confirmed for today then?

Viewing 25 replies - 351 through 375 (of 545 total)
Reply To: VW Order Tracker
Your information: