This topic contains 46 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Philjb 3 months, 4 weeks ago.
Ok this is very long winded so I apologise in advance!!!
So we decided after many months of debate that we would order a Tiguan allspace. I called my local dealer and was told the exact car we were looking for ( 2.0 TDI match dsg 4 motion in black ) was on its way to dealership along with 2 blue and 2 silver, the dealer said to secure the car as ours we had to pay a £100 deposit to which I said ” no problem ” and was at the dealership an hour or so later and payed the full AP for it. Now when we turned up we were met by the dealer, not the one I spoke to but a young lad, no older than 20 I would say! After the formalities we walked away with a order form of the car we would be getting and so on.
Fast forward just over 2 weeks we received no confirmation by email, phone etc so I called up to see if everything was coming along to which they said ” yes ” and that was that. Now today I receive a phone call from the dealer to ask for my son’s d.o.b and national insurance number, I told them and he said he would email me the build number! So I said ” build number, why do I need that “? To which he said so I could track it being built! Now straight away I said ” why do I need to track it if it’s already built and on its way “? Instantly he said ” it hasn’t been ordered yet and it would be ready by the end of June ” or in roughly 20 weeks which is more august by my math, but anyway I asked what happened to which he gave me no answer.
So I called the original dealer I spoke too and asked what happened to the car I ordered to which he said ” it has been sold “, he apologized and said a black one with extras is on its way to another dealer and he is going to see if he could get that one for us, if not we could have a blue one by possibly the end of may ( our current car is up on the 25th may ) or wait for the black one until August or whenever.
My question is? Where exactly do I stand on this? This will be only our second car on the scheme so I’m not sure on what I can do, do I just have to swallow this and wait? The one the dealer is trying to get us has the heated seat option of £300 which I’d be unhappy about but would still pay.
If anyone has made it to the end of this small book I thank you for any advice you can offer lol.