VW ID4 80% charge mileage

• Creator
    Topic
    sagwala123
    Participant

Just a question. Had the ID4 two weeks and first impressions are loving it !

I have noticed in the 4 or 5 times I have charged it (to 80%), the displayed  charge mileage is slowly decreasing. So from initially showing circa 260 last night I charged to 80% and the displayed range is 217.

Presumably this is calculating based upon driving style and previous journeys ? Rather than what it is capable of given certain driving conditions.

Any thoughts ?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

Sounds about right, as with all the MEB platform cars the range display is usually referred to as a GOM, Guess O-Meter 🙂

It does alter depending on your driving, time of year, which way the wind is blowing etc.  When I collected my Enyaq in Jan it had 325 miles showing, 4-5 weeks later in the real world and cold temperatures it was struggling to get over 220 on a full charge!.

Charged it to 100% Sunday night, range said 305 miles (best it’s done since I got it), drove 5 miles to Durham Monday night and it said 285 miles and 85% ???.  Whereas I did about 25 miles today (including the same trip as Monday) and it’s only droped 18 miles!  🙂

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Rico
        Participant

Is there a reason for charging to only 80% anyway, despite what some manufactures say it’s ok to charge these if your gong to use it next day on home charger to charger to 100%

Kjid5
          Participant

It’s all those 0 to 60s you’re doing at traffic lights watching owners of expensive sports cars crying in your rear view mirror/tyre dust.

on a serious note I’m not getting this on the id5 but do notice that anything above a steady 70 drops the range drastically.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Kjid5.
            tvs
            Participant

I’m obtaining around 285 miles on a 91% charge at the moment.  Am not concerned about the EV6’s range as a charge last over a week driving it normally. Just enjoy the car.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
              2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
              2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
              2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

Phaedra
              Participant

Charged my Enyaq to 100% last weekend and got 305, did the same last night and got 285!.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

DumfriesDik
                Participant

My wee ID3 58kwh would suggest a range of 190+ miles at 80%. If I were you I would keep a keen eye on the range and maybe get it  booked in. Maybe a battery cell has failed?

The cold nights would have an impact on the range but I think your range is far too low even for that.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by DumfriesDik.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Ioniq
                  Participant

It doesnt really matter what figure the car states.

The range is only relevant until you start driving, you get a figure then.

I just drive how an ICE. Car used to drive, once it gets to 50% top up the tank.

The only time range is an issue is when you have a long journey, then its a learning curve.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.