VW ID4 2024 ordered

• This topic has 51 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Nas89.
  • Creator
    Topic
    sagwala123
    Participant

So after careful deliberation decided to cancel the Enyaq and re-order the ID4. I

The Enyaq seems a superb car, but the look of it just wasn’t sitting with me. I think the ID4 looks more modern. It’s all owner perspective obviously. Looking at April May car, whereas Enyaq had been pushed back to July August.

Anyone else ordered an ID4. Interested in thoughts and quotes lead time.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Elliot
      Participant

Wasn’t the match the cheap and nasty trim on VW’s other models.

kezo
        Participant

Match is the entry level 2024 id4

sagwala123
          Participant

Match is the entry level 2024 id4

Not quite, the ID4 is getting replaced by the Match Pro and Match Pro 4M. It seems that the ‘Match’ spec is model specific and trim levels vary on different models. But the updated VW websites are clearly saying that on the ID4 the Match replaces the life and style ….. Definitely watching this space.

Ioniq
            Participant

The panoramic roof is standard throughout the range.

The Style Pro had the powered tailgate.

VW are probably rebranding the trim levels. If the product is struggling, just give it a new name…no one will notice.

I cancelled mine, after 3 months VW still did not have a build week allocated.

sagwala123
              Participant

“The Pro Match and Pro 4M Match trims replace the Life and Style trims for the ID.4 as well as a new entry-level Pure Match trim is available for £42,640 on the road. The ID.7 Pro Match replaces the previous Launch Edition, it adds metallic paint and an exterior pack for £51,550 on the road.”

sagwala123
                Participant

Back in the day, you are correct I think, yes.

Elliot
                  Participant

I wonder if VW are trying to pull a fast one here.

PeterF
                    Participant

The life didn’t have the pan roof, the style didn’t have the powered tailgate in early January.

The Match shows no pan roof on the spec sheet or on the builder, only the GTX.

PeterF
                      Participant

Still showing the life and style on motab system.

The match loses the 3 zone climate control too.

kj35
                        Participant

Do any of the ID4 options include electrically adjustable front seats? I’ve checked the configuration tool but I’m finding it confusing to follow

MLH
                          Participant

I’d have preferred electric tailgate to a pano roof, but not enough to pay for one, and I rarely have people in the back, so not too worried about losing the 3 way if it came to it.

Salesman said that electric seats were an optional extra @kj35

PeterF
                            Participant

Interior style plus package @kj35

kj35
                              Participant

Thanks @mlh I’m test driving id4 tomorrow so I’ll see what they say. Although I’m in love with the Q4 I still can’t get lack of electric adjustable seats out of my mind

MLH
                                Participant

Thanks @mlh I’m test driving id4 tomorrow so I’ll see what they say. Although I’m in love with the Q4 I still can’t get lack of electric adjustable seats out of my mind

They were definitely a requirement before, as my dad drove the car most of the time, and the electric memory seats on my Grandland saved so much hassle.

Now it’s only going to be me driving, it’s not such a big deal.

I’m a big Audi fan, but not a big AP fan 🙂

Had a brand new A8 for work in 2006, and still the best car I’ve ever had.

kj35
                                  Participant

Thanks @peterf I’ll definitely do some digging with the dealer ( who is being really helpful and knowledgeable) tomorrow.
                                    @mlh it’s such a big deal to me my husband and myself will be sharing the car driving and he’s 6ft 7 so it’ll be adjusted every single time one or other of us gets in.

need to mull.

kj35
                                    Participant

Well. Now I’m confused. I test drove the ID4 yesterday and it’s a lovely car. Does it feel as large and squishy and posh as the Q4? No. But I far preferred it to the Enyaq. The dash was intuitive and easy to use compared to the Enyaq which seemed to have stuff everywhere and weird rolling switches. The id4 drove well and was comfortable. Again no electrically adjustable seats but they are at least available. And the AP after the GCB and NCP is probably circa £500 compared to the £3000 on the Q4. For a really good car you’d have to be quite spoilt not to be pleased with. EXCEPT no one now knows what or how we order it as according to VW the life and style are gone but they’re still the only ordering options on motability.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by kj35.
                                      Nas89
                                      Participant

Just rang a vw dealership and they told me that id4 style is not available to order full stop. So not even giving an option to order and maybe get a match instead? Has anyone else looked into this further with a dealer?

Dan13
                                        Participant

If anyone is after an ID5 Style Pro,  Lookers VW Newcastle had access to 4 in their stocks he could source if I wanted to go ahead with a deal. Delivery 2-3 weeks max as they were en route. I did ask if this was the new motor etc to confirm. Colours below available.

Blue dust Metallic

Grenadilla Black Metallic

Moonstone Grey

Kings red Metallic

Motability Rep – Keiran Small.  Very swift email responses. KeiranSmall@lookers.co.uk

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Dan13.
                                          blackj
                                          Participant

The trouble I have had with id3 and now the recalls on the vehicle battery I will not be ordering another vw group vehicle. I will order another electric vehicle but it will be one from the far east. There reliability is far superior.

kj35
                                            Participant

Just rang a vw dealership and they told me that id4 style is not available to order full stop. So not even giving an option to order and maybe get a match instead? Has anyone else looked into this further with a dealer?

dealer said the same to me. So I rang motability this morning and they said Volkswagen haven’t advised them of any change to models and we should be able to order as normal. Dealer says they simply cannot. I wonder if we can order from stock?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by kj35.
                                              MLH
                                              Participant

Will they have any 286ps models in stock? When I went to the dealership, we had to go out in one of the current 170ps models.

I didn’t drive, as I need hand controls. My brother said the existing model was impressive, and thought it was nice to drive.

I don’t mind getting the new model instead, as long as it’s the one with the powered tailgate.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by MLH.
                                                sagwala123
                                                Participant

So, I have had the response below from my VW dealer.

“what I can 100% confirm is the car we ordered will be the car you will get.”

So I have it in writing that I will be getting what I ordered, namely, New 2024 ‘Style’ ID4 with the Pano roof as standard.

MLH
                                                  Participant

So, I have had the response below from my VW dealer. “what I can 100% confirm is the car we ordered will be the car you will get.” So I have it in writing that I will be getting what I ordered, namely, New 2024 ‘Style’ ID4 with the Pano roof as standard.

Good stuff, I’m glad you managed to get some clarification.

sagwala123
                                                    Participant

Well, we’ll see. Got to admit I’m not 100% convinced but can only go on information received. 🤞

theo2017
                                                      Participant

Had a video message today from my dealership to say its been built and awaiting shipping build week 10

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.