VW ID4 2024 ordered

• This topic has 51 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Nas89.
  • Creator
    Topic
    sagwala123
    Participant

So after careful deliberation decided to cancel the Enyaq and re-order the ID4. I

The Enyaq seems a superb car, but the look of it just wasn’t sitting with me. I think the ID4 looks more modern. It’s all owner perspective obviously. Looking at April May car, whereas Enyaq had been pushed back to July August.

Anyone else ordered an ID4. Interested in thoughts and quotes lead time.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

WOW! however, as you say its the individuals perspective, on how we see things.

Hope you enjoy it 🙂

Participant

I was travelling down the Autovia Meditteraneo in Southern Spain yesterday when I saw this lovely car approaching in my rear view mirror, it passed elegantly and it was a Skoda Enyaq VRS in white, it looked stunning, nothing else on the road compared! I was in a Kia Sportage and it was a similar size but it made the Kia look dated!

Yes, the preference is in the eye of the beholder but, the Enyaq in my opinion is the top of the list of the MEB platform.

Skoda Enyaq Coupe 85x Sportline Plus Adanced, Heat Pump & 21" Supernova Wheels In Moon White Metallic - Ordered 27th December 2023 - Confirmed 31st January 2024 - Build Week 16 (W/C April 15th) Estimated Delivery 26th May. Build Week moved back to week 23 W/C 3rd June)

kezo
          Participant

I was travelling down the Autovia Meditteraneo in Southern Spain yesterday when I saw this lovely car approaching in my rear view mirror, it passed elegantly and it was a Skoda Enyaq VRS in white, it looked stunning, nothing else on the road compared! I was in a Kia Sportage and it was a similar size but it made the Kia look dated! Yes, the preference is in the eye of the beholder but, the Enyaq in my opinion is the top of the list of the MEB platform.

The Sportage’ interior looks way more upmarket with its 12.5″ twin curved screens and layout. Both cars have a big ugly black face (grill) at the front. Its the crystal grill that makes the Enyak look interesting and stand out 🙂

MLH
            Participant

I ordered an ID.4 about 3 weeks ago, and not sure what the timescale for delivery is.

Think he hoped for late April, but could be nearer summer if there are any problems.

theo2017
              Participant

I too ordered an id4 beginning of jan dealer said looking at april cant wait

Southamman
                Participant

Good luck with tghe ridiculous window switches the unlit  controls and the haptic steering wheel buttons.

As you say, we all have different tastes….

MLH
                  Participant

Rarely have anyone in the back, unless I’m going on the odd weekend away. When I do have someone in the back, they’ll have to deal with those, not me.

Pretty sure the controls are backlit in the updated model, and I use hand controls, so steer with a ball.

Plenty of room in the boot for my wheelchair, and will save the AP in the first year.

sagwala123
                    Participant

Good luck with tghe ridiculous window switches the unlit controls and the haptic steering wheel buttons.

As you say, we all have different tastes

All changed with the 2024 model. As with the Enyaq, had a massive overhaul on battery tech, controls and mainly power upgrade

sagwala123
                      Participant

Rarely have anyone in the back, unless I’m going on the odd weekend away. When I do have someone in the back, they’ll have to deal with those, not me. Pretty sure the controls are backlit in the updated model, and I use hand controls, so steer with a ball. Plenty of room in the boot for my wheelchair, and will save the AP in the first year.

All changed with the 2024 model. As with the Enyaq, had a massive overhaul on battery tech, controls and mainly power upgrade

theo2017
                        Participant

MLH 👍🏼

sagwala123
                          Participant

I ordered an ID.4 about 3 weeks ago, and not sure what the timescale for delivery is. Think he hoped for late April, but could be nearer summer if there are any problems.

Yes Crystal grille is a £1600 option 😫

MLH
                            Participant

MLH

I made sure I checked, as I’d seen all the issues with the infotainment and the non backlit tabs etc.

I did look at the Enyaq, but the extra grand ruled it out for me, given the amount of time I spend driving.

Coupled with the fact that the nearest Skoda dealership is half an hour away, and it would mean I need to take a day off if it ever needs to go in, as I can’t get a courtesy car.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by MLH.
                              MLH
                              Participant

I ordered an ID.4 about 3 weeks ago, and not sure what the timescale for delivery is. Think he hoped for late April, but could be nearer summer if there are any problems.

Yes Crystal grille is a £1600 option 😫

I didn’t even look at any options… I’ll be shocked if I do 20,000 miles in 3 years, so as it comes was all I needed 🙂

MLH
                                Participant

Just saw online that VW have just updated the trims on offer for the ID.4, and the Life/Style are no longer available.

Seems the trim is now ‘Match’ across the fleet, with 2 options on the ID.4.

We now have the 52kw 170ps, and another with the 77kw 286ps.

Motability & Motaclarity don’t seem to have updated yet, so will be interesting to see what transpires.

sagwala123
                                  Participant

Just saw online that VW have just updated the trims on offer for the ID.4, and the Life/Style are no longer available. Seems the trim is now ‘Match’ across the fleet, with 2 options on the ID.4. We now have the 52kw 170ps, and another with the 77kw 286ps. Motability & Motaclarity don’t seem to have updated yet, so will be interesting to see what transpires.[/quote

Interesting. Where have you seen that ? I was told that the life and style were the new models for 2024. ?? I have ordered the style, so wonder what it has changed to ?. Any info appreciated

MLH
                                    Participant

Just saw online that VW have just updated the trims on offer for the ID.4, and the Life/Style are no longer available. Seems the trim is now ‘Match’ across the fleet, with 2 options on the ID.4. We now have the 52kw 170ps, and another with the 77kw 286ps. Motability & Motaclarity don’t seem to have updated yet, so will be interesting to see what transpires.[/quote Interesting. Where have you seen that ? I was told that the life and style were the new models for 2024. ?? I have ordered the style, so wonder what it has changed to ?. Any info appreciated

Just on the VW website.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en.html

sagwala123
                                      Participant

Just saw online that VW have just updated the trims on offer for the ID.4, and the Life/Style are no longer available. Seems the trim is now ‘Match’ across the fleet, with 2 options on the ID.4. We now have the 52kw 170ps, and another with the 77kw 286ps. Motability & Motaclarity don’t seem to have updated yet, so will be interesting to see what transpires.[/quote Interesting. Where have you seen that ? I was told that the life and style were the new models for 2024. ?? I have ordered the style, so wonder what it has changed to ?. Any info appreciated

Thanks for that info. Does it perhaps mean that the “match” is a limited edition sitting alongside the life and the style ?

If not I wonder what will happen to existing orders. Just noticed that the match Pro (which would seem to be style equivalent) doesn’t have a panoramic sunroof. That would be disappointing as that is one thing I really liked on the ID4.

I reckon I might be calling the dealer today. Although, as you say, doesn’t seem that anything on Motability has changed.

I wonder if the four wheel drive March version will become available on Motability to match the Enyaq twin motor version ????

Case of watch this space I reckon, but with no Pano Sunroof could it be a dealer breaker for me ????????? Not sure at this point.

sagwala123
                                        Participant

Just saw online that VW have just updated the trims on offer for the ID.4, and the Life/Style are no longer available. Seems the trim is now ‘Match’ across the fleet, with 2 options on the ID.4. We now have the 52kw 170ps, and another with the 77kw 286ps. Motability & Motaclarity don’t seem to have updated yet, so will be interesting to see what transpires.

Does anyone have any experience if style trims change between ordering and delivery. Is there a protocol with Motability?

PeterF
                                          Participant

I’ve too ended up ordering an ID4 Style but with the upgraded alloy wheels (as the standard were awful) and the infotainment package plus (discounted by dealer).

Both the package and the wheels have gone up in price now its changed to the match trim, lost the pan roof but gained the automatic boot door with foot waving opening.

I think I’d rather have the pan roof. It’ll have to be a call to the dealer tomorrow.

I’ve been told the wait could be to the end of July, I ordered first week of Jan.

theo2017
                                            Participant

I noticed they have changed the trims too after looking at the standard equipment all i can see is that they have removed the pan roof in favour of a powered tailgate the rest stays the same im not sure what i would rather if im honest im just wondering whether i along with others thats ordered in jan will receive the match pro instead of the style when there ready to collect be interesting to see i remember before back in 2015 when i ordered a ford focus ST diesel at the time of ordering it came with silver alloys but when i picked it it had gunmetal grey alloys when i asked why the dealer said the model was refreshed whilst it was on order im just wondering whether it will be the case with the id4

sagwala123
                                              Participant

I noticed they have changed the trims too after looking at the standard equipment all i can see is that they have removed the pan roof in favour of a powered tailgate the rest stays the same im not sure what i would rather if im honest im just wondering whether i along with others thats ordered in jan will receive the match pro instead of the style when there ready to collect be interesting to see i remember before back in 2015 when i ordered a ford focus ST diesel at the time of ordering it came with silver alloys but when i picked it it had gunmetal grey alloys when i asked why the dealer said the model was refreshed whilst it was on order im just wondering whether it will be the case with the id4

So just popped down the dealership, as it’s very local. She told me that the Match has been slotted in alongside the existing life and style editions as a special edition. I explained that the life and style don’t seem to appear as an option on VW website which she seemed surprised at. She said that if we’ve ordered a Style it will be a style that you get. Although she also said that if the model lineup changes during ordering to delivery then you will always get the model you ordered. TBH from others experience I know that to not be the case, so I am a little skeptical about her knowledge. I suppose it will be interesting to see if the model lineup changes on the Motability ordering platform. That will probably be the best tell-tale sign.

Shaun
                                                Participant
                                                  sagwala123
                                                  Participant

https://www.caffyns.co.uk/news/volkswagen-brings-back-the-match-trim-line/27233/volkswagen/newsdetail.aspx#:~:text=The%20Pro%20Match%20and%20Pro,%C2%A351%2C550%20on%20the%20road.

Well, that’s interesting Thankyou. From the horses mouth as it were. Clearly says replaces ‘life’ and ‘style’ trim. So I wonder where that leaves us. Does that mean that existing orders will come through as ordered or be changed accordingly ? I might wait to see what happens to the Motability website. TBH I would be tempted to go 4wd if that spec gets me the panoramic roof, but obviously will depend on the AP. As it stands if it is only match Pro then we lose the PR and get auto boot. 🤔

MLH
                                                    Participant

They like to keep us guessing!

I’d be inclined to change to the new 286ps Match, as it would get me a power tailgate, that I’m not sure the Style does have.

Will have to wait and see if these appear on the motability website anytime soon.

sagwala123
                                                      Participant

They like to keep us guessing! I’d be inclined to change to the new 286ps Match, as it would get me a power tailgate, that I’m not sure the Style does have. Will have to wait and see if these appear on the motability website anytime soon.

Yes indeed. I’ll let you know if I find anything out. I’ll be on it tomorrow. 👍

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.