vw id3/4 in this months motability magazine

• Creator
    Topic
  • #137257 Reply
    martinod

i got this months motability magazine in , i was looking through it and there was a picture of a vw id3 or id4 i think , it was not saying you can get it .

i was excited , so i would think they only put cars in adverts of cars we are getting  or are already on .

so will the id3 or id4 be on soon

or  was it a different car

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137258 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Is it the one with the women of the TV on the front from Watchdog ?? if so just looked through it and i cannot see anything associated with the VW ID3 or 4 unless ive missed it.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#137261 Reply
    simon

can’t see it either

#137266 Reply
    martinod

i dont know iv binned it

#137269 Reply
    JS

the Id4 and 3 were in the May 2020 addition as coming soon so maybe, the Feb 2021 edition is not online to download yet. it should be updated online soon. November 2020 is present online addition, but some will receive the February one in the post now as they are sent out upto 10 days in advance.

https://www.motability.co.uk/news/mm-lifestyle-magazine/

#137270 Reply
    Brydo

It was in the magazine a few months back as “coming soon” but masked a motability agent about them in December and they had heard nothing about it.

This false reporting happens now and again in the magazine, if I remember correctly the Nissan leaf was reported as coming on soon but didn’t appear for years.

#137274 Reply
    im_alan

Hi.. You are correct… On page 50 in the section “Getting your new car” there is a picture of the ID3.

#137276 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant
    #137308 Reply
    Carl

I think the id3 will come on shortly as I often check normal leasing deals and all leasing companies are pushing the id3 out at about £299 a month mark with £1500 up front, so this would suggest vw are keen to shift these cars and they would be mad to miss out on a lucrative mobility market.

#137310 Reply
    martinod

carl that would be good , just one point your spelling error made me laugh thanks

#137316 Reply
    Rachel.K

Martinod, I received the motability magazine today and I’ve seen it too. I’m hoping that it will be on the scheme next quarter as it would be ideal for me.

#137325 Reply
    Harry

For an electric car the ID 3 is so slooooooow. Hopefully with Motability we are not destined for a life in the slow lane when it comes to electric cars.

#137326 Reply
    Carl

Martinod I should learn to proof read before I post ha ha.

Harry the vw id3 does 0-62 in 7.3 seconds find me an ice car on the scheme that even comes close to that performance.  Its maximum speed is in excess of 70mph, motorway speed limits are 70 mph any more and you are breaking the law!  So I guess it’s got that covered aswell.   I would love to know what you are comparing it’s slow speed to…… a Ferrari 😆

#137331 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Carl – something speedier than the ID3 on scheme? Go look at 3 door Cooper S. Comfortably prompt I reckon. Still, as far as I know, it’s about the only one to go sub-7secs for 0-60.

#137342 Reply
    Carl

Thang you are spot on that mini 2.0 cooper s is sub 7 seconds and an outstanding little car.   But that type of engine and performance on the scheme is limited and possibly coming to the end, most new model cars are huge body tiny engines vehicles that propell at a slightly leisurely pace.  Even the mercedes cla coupe and bmw grand coupe are more towards the 8 half second mark and they are classed as sports cars!! Lol.

#137344 Reply
    Carl

So when harry days they are slow what is he comparing it to?  I’m still puzzled by that one!!

#137358 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I think it’s worth noting that the id3 (along with the majority of EV’s) wasn’t built to be a performance car or break speed records. I’ve seen some videos on YouTube and it still seems pretty quick

#137394 Reply
    Brydo

Getting back to a thread I posted about asking motability, why doesn’t someone phone them and ask if it’s coming on the scheme. They have a list of cars coming in the future.

#137398 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

When I had a chat with our VW Motability guy a few weeks ago he did not think the iD3 would come onto Q1 or Q2. He said private sales were going very well so didn’t think it would come onto the scheme, he would let me know as soon as he knew.  When I spoke to Motability just before Christmas they couldn’t say yes or no to the iD3. I will try on Monday.

#137399 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sadly, Carl, I suspect you’re correct about the Mini. Glad I’ve got two years left on my one! Chose it just before the end of Q4 2019. Plenty of choice for those of us who want some power-to-weight of the positive variety. Could have had Alfa Giulia or any number of BMW and VAG machine doing 0-60 in less than 7secs. All gone. The motoring Morality Squad see only the performance figures and, thus, want to stop us all racing up to 155mph in shortest possible time. They completely ignore, and wouldn’t understand, the advantages in comfort and safety of an under-stressed engine.

Must assume that the “slow” thing about the ID3 comes from comparison with Tesla  vehicles which are, some would say, unnecessarily quick. A 0-60 of 4secs or less?

Hope ID3 does make it on to scheme within next two years. Would have one in a moment! Almost the same performance as the Mini but with RWD. But that configuration means we can get it drifting and the Morality Squad won’t like that!

#137403 Reply
    Chub

Ohhhh no I just ordered the Mokka thinking ID3 wasn’t coming out any time soon. I am now regretting it as I would love a Id3 😭😭😭😭

#137404 Reply
    Chub

when I spoke to Motab about new cars coming out on the scheme, I was told new cars join the scheme towards the end of the quarter.

#137408 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Dunno, Chub. You’ve probably done the right thing. Give the ID3 a year or two (or three) to get itself sorted. That is, wait for wonky software to make itself known and wait for VW to get enough complaints about touch-screen dangers to fit a good set of levers and buttons!

#137426 Reply
    Chub

Thank you Tharg, ☺️. I’ve been trying to find things to make me feel like have made the right decision. It’s hard. My last VW was a ok. My illness makes me very indecisive 🤷. I like the look of the ID 3 more then the mokka – 10 year old is reading this saying wow you haven’t even got it and your shaming it👀👀.
    Eeeeeeek!! If the VW does not park for you then MoKka is the winner😂

#137431 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Thargs right imo chub it’s better to have something that is practical as well as functional that meets your needs now, than wait for something to come along (who knows when and at what price) That you might not even like whemn you drive it or see the specs.

vw’s new model seems to be less as standard and more addon’s

I am so glad i did not wait for the golf 8 to arrive as i had a mk7 which i liked alot only not the seats. After 20/30 mins my back would get pain that just got worse and worse.

3 years comes around pretty quickly really and i reckon prices and what ev’s are on offer will be alot better than now..

#137436 Reply
    Richard

The x1 xline 20i x drive 8speed auto is 0-62 in 7.4 seconds.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
Reply To: vw id3/4 in this months motability magazine
Your information: