VW ID 4 on the scheme!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #156947 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

A nice addition to the scheme, feels like sky sports dead line day 😂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #156956 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Mike it most definitely is, refresh the motability website

#156963 Reply
    gillan

its an awful looking car. each to their own tho.

#156968 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

gillan I have to say I agree with you, VW could’ve done so much better, why are all ev cars choosing to be bubbly shaped, plus the interior could’ve been better too, still a decent car and I’m sure many will love it, I look forward to the mk2 version, hopefully it follows the Tiguan mk1 bubbly version to mk2 sharpe edges version

#156970 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

gillan I have to say I agree with you, VW could’ve done so much better, why are all ev cars choosing to be bubbly shaped, plus the interior could’ve been better too, still a decent car and I’m sure many will love it, I look forward to the mk2 version, hopefully it follows the Tiguan mk1 bubbly version to mk2 sharpe edges version

Its a funny thing call aerodynamics and trying to meet crash safety, I’m not a fan of VW EV’s or their pricing model, Looking forward to the next gen from South Korea, Ioniq 5 and EV6, reliable, efficient and basic tech included not expensive add on packs, hopefully they’ll be here in the next 12 months

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#156974 Reply
    Georgie

Why even do that?  Why design a perfectly acceptable boot and sides, and then stick it with a face like that!  What a bloody miserable looking car.   Really unhappy.  The whole number plate and grill thing is a mess. Poor car.

#156979 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The ID4s on the scheme are the short range versions, it’s a good size car, but most will want a bit longer range.

As for the shape, well, I think that most of the current EVs are still using fossil thinking when it comes to design. No fossil engine = no need for a massive radiator, but cars have been designed to be “pedestrian friendly” & it’ll take some time for the fossil manufacturers to redesign the front.

So, ID4 gets a thumbs up, but a big thumbs down for only having the short range version that’s only useful for people who live in cities.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by gothitjulie.
    #156984 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Its the same with the BMW i3, a sub 200 mile range will not cut it for most. However its adding more choice all the time which is good for those looking for electric, but will be interested to see the analysis/comparison to Q1 and Q2 in the different sectors. There seems to be a decline in larger cars/estates and “large” SUV´s which is likely to continue whilst the AP´s for some of the “premium” cars are now approaching pre “Daily Mail” levels.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by fwippers.
    #157005 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

Is it just me or are the AP’s very high compared to other EV’s on the scheme?

£2849 for the lowest spec they do and £5899 for the “performance” version.  All you get for an extra £3000+ is a slight increase in power with a subsequent slight reduction in eange as it uses the same battery.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#157075 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Is it just me or are the AP’s very high compared to other EV’s on the scheme? £2849 for the lowest spec they do and £5899 for the “performance” version. All you get for an extra £3000+ is a slight increase in power with a subsequent slight reduction in eange as it uses the same battery.

Noticed that when these EVs are introduced to the scheme they often spend the first quarter they’re on at super inflated AP, then they hopefully fall significantly in subsequent quarters. If you look at the private lease prices they do the same, starting high when a new car turns up & then dropping as the deals get better as every company gains them.

Currently there’s about £29 a month between the 150kW 77kWh Life Pro Performance & the 109kW 52kWh Style Pure, so anyone needing an ID4 for more distance touring would wait until the 77kWh battery version arrives.

#157129 Reply
    cb2011
    Participant

the difference in price looks like the grant threshold was crossed.

#157139 Reply
    Jtb

My id3 was £2995 5 weeks ago and has now dropped to £495 🤬

#157142 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

jtb , if you havent taken delivery yet you can get the dealer to cancel and reorder at the new price, 5 minute job and wont delay your car.

#157146 Reply
    Tim

Even motability is playing the EV premium pricing game. I’m getting a bit tired of these inflated AP prices, it does nothing but breed resentment among scheme customers, many will feel scammed when they look back.

#157188 Reply
    shortie105

I’ve spoken to a VW dealer today and their system is showing further iD4 models listed for Motability.

The Life is already listed (AP £2849 or £5899) and they have added the Style (AP £6671 or £7121) and the Family (AP £8499). Nice to see more choice but not sure it’s worth it at those prices.

#157189 Reply
    Rob

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Apparently, the Ford Mustang Mach E is coming on the scheme AP starting at £9.199 which I think is ridiculously expensive but oh well that’s motability for you but stil can’t put A BMW X3 on the scheme but would prefer the bmw i8 aha</p>

#157192 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Rob, or should that be Tony Smith or Robert Fielding or Toni Addams. Either way, the mustang is not joining the scheme.

#157193 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I had to laugh at the Mustang story.

#157230 Reply
    Brydo

What a pity 😞

#157236 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Out of interest, why’s the Mustang Mach E so unlikely to join the scheme? It’s not more expensive, nor more powerful than other cars on the scheme (the low range/power one)?

Not that i’d want one, of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but that car is ugly as sin – i’d just like to understand why it’s ridiculous to suggest it could make it on the scheme.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

#157267 Reply
    Jtb

I’ve already got my id3 and I’m very happy with it but a £2500 drop in the AP is just ridiculous.

#157277 Reply
    cb2011
    Participant

JTB what was your previous car ?

#157281 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Think the Rexton is more likely to join than the Mustang but both 5000/1 outsiders!

#157289 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Out of interest, why’s the Mustang Mach E so unlikely to join the scheme?

Starting price is the issue, over 40k, if they sold one for 25k (perhaps without the batteries) then were others models in the range up to the 40k plus figure there would be a chance.

#157294 Reply
    Brydo

Still worth a look just in case.

#157297 Reply
    Tim

I can think of a couple of members here alone that have recently seen their AP fall by ridiculous amounts shortly after purchase. The Kona EV guy and the ID3 example in this thread. It puts me off buying anything EV wise on the scheme for the first quarter.

I can’t work out what the plan is with these initially inflated AP’s. Surely they know when negotiating pricing that it will be X amount next quarter, kinda feels like a tax on those needing the vehicle most.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
Reply To: VW ID 4 on the scheme!
Your information: