VW GOLF< T ROC & TIGUAN COMING OFF SCHEME

• Creator
    Topic
  • #159061 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

Newsflash from VW

Update 19 July: Golf (petrol and diesel models), T-Roc and Tiguan will be removed from the Motability programme for Q3 from close of business on Wednesday 21 July.

Any orders have to be completed by the close of day tomorrow (21/7/21)

This is down to the Semi Conductor shortage.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

To be replaced with a VW ID.3 Tour 77 kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Viewing 18 replies - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159977 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Tesla seems to be doing OK despite the chip shortage.

According to the news they use the very modern chips (like those used in Apple devices) that chip manufacturers have switched production to as they are significantly more expensive and therefore more profitable than the older / cheaper chips that most other car manufacturers use.

#159981 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Off to write a snotty e-mail to my local VW dealer cancelling my Thursday appointment while letting them know of my disappointment of there franchise manufacturer.😥

Reply from my local VW dealer re: my discuss of the Tiguan being thrown of Motability… Dear Mr ChrisK, Thank you for your enquiry and comments regarding the Volkswagen Tiguan on the Motability scheme. There are a lot of Manufacturers that have been affected by the disruption to cause production issues not just Volkswagen. VW made a decision to stop ALL fleet business supply not just Motability so the retail market can still operate. We thank you for your interest in the Tiguan and we look forward to helping you in the future. We wish you success in choosing your new Motability car. Best Regards SAM Heritage of Bristol Volkwagen… I don’t think I will be taking my bussiness to VW anymore.😣

I can’t believe this, I just had an e-mail from the chief sales guy at Heritage VW asking how my search for a new car is going and was I happy with the reply I got from them, as posted above.

I did a quick reply “YOU ARE WINDING ME UP.😁

#159988 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

ChrisK – Having dealt with Heritage VW in Bristol for many years I’m not surprised! It is a relief not having to deal with them again. That said, Volvo Bristol was even worse (sales dept). Just not interested in Motability customers and told me flat out lies to avoid giving me a test drive. Dick Lovett BMW were brilliant, as they were when I ordered a private car from them 6 years ago. However, their service dept has always been poor so I’m hoping that it’s improved before our new X1 has to go in.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    #160001 Reply
    Coastal View

Went to my local VW Dealer in Swansea today ..was told by the Salesperson that the ID4 was off the Scheme.When I said that I was looking at the two models on my phone available now he then said that they wouldn’t take the order anyway even if asked.They had two available for sale but I was told that they wouldn’t sell them to anyone on the Motability Scheme.Is that that not discrimination  because of being with the Scheme.I suppose they can sell to who ever they want these days and probably make more from retail.I left rather crest fallen that I had been singled out as not a worthy customer.Shame on you VW.People have long memories.

#160004 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

That’s shocking, Coastal View, (

unless the spec of the cars they had were different to what’s on Motability)

Report the salesman to the dealer principal.

Report the dealer to Motability.

Go to another dealer.

#160015 Reply
    Mad-4-Mac

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Cancelled my order yesterday for the Tiguan. Salesman could not give me a definite date for delivery, sometime in September. Went to Nissan and had a look at new Qashqai. Salesman rang today and told.me car will be ready end of August just in time for the new number plate. He has my order</p>

#160017 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Cancelled my order yesterday for the Tiguan. Salesman could not give me a definite date for delivery, sometime in September. Went to Nissan and had a look at new Qashqai. Salesman rang today and told.me car will be ready end of August just in time for the new number plate. He has my order</p>

I think that there are quite a few people on here who would have bitten your hand off for a September delivery on a Tiguan! Hope that you don’t regret your decision given that the two cars aren’t really in the same ball park, not least size wise, and in reality there could only be a matter of weeks between the two delivery dates. The Qashqai is obviously a newer model though.

#160028 Reply
    Coastal View

Wigwam

Both Vehicles were available on Motability but they would not sell them to anyone on the Scheme…Shocking.Is this what it’s come to 🙁

#160047 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

ChrisK – Having dealt with Heritage VW in Bristol for many years I’m not surprised! It is a relief not having to deal with them again. That said, Volvo Bristol was even worse (sales dept). Just not interested in Motability customers and told me flat out lies to avoid giving me a test drive. Dick Lovett BMW were brilliant, as they were when I ordered a private car from them 6 years ago. However, their service dept has always been poor so I’m hoping that it’s improved before our new X1 has to go in.

Hi Glos Guy

I know a lot of us here think that it’s only Motability customers who get the cold shoulder from dealers but it sort of raised a smile in myself a couple of weeks ago when my grandson wanted to extend the service and guarantee on his VW Polo.

My grandson who is not a disable customer bought the nearly new car from the main VW dealer in Hereford a year ago, he recently moved to Calne in Wiltshire but because he spends most of his weekends here with us in Bristol he went to Heritage’s Bristol and could not believe the lack of interest he got there.

Goes without saying he went to a Swindon WV dealer where they couldn’t do enough for him.

I think the problem with VW as a manufacture is there too big for their boots and just think they can push folk around with immunity and I think that sort of rubs off onto their dealerships.

#160050 Reply
    struth
    Participant

the vw garage here used to be a bunch of tossers, but its been under new owners for a while so may be better now. I temember going in years ago to look at a tiguan and the salesman told me i couldnt afford it and wanted to show me a polo. I asked how he felt that way and he said i saw the car you were driving and the clothes you wear.

saucy git. i told him to stick his dealership where sun dont shine. I went elsewhere and bought a new car ther where i was treated with respect. Saved myself a good few quid too.. As it was i was a cash buyer too

#160051 Reply
    Tim

Struth, I can’t believe that actually happened.

#160052 Reply
    struth
    Participant

fair enough mate…

#160057 Reply
    gillan

struth,

i went into lind bmw in norwich and said i wanted to buy a new m3 and the salesman laughed!

i left straight away went to sorensons bmw in kings lynn they took the order and have now been a customer there since 1993. i have to travel an extra half hour but who lost out? Never judge a book….

#160538 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve spent the last few hours checking out the Ford Kuga ST-Line X Hybrid. Back in 2017 I gave the Kuga a good look over down to point of even visiting a showroom but had to cancel my order due to the change from DLA to PIP. One thing I’m wary of is the sliding back seats as I know from the 2018 model that the back seat never slide, well AFAIK they didn’t, but on the 2021.25 model they do so will check that out at the dealer tomorrow or the next day and if my scooter fits in the back this is more than likely what I’m going for as it has all the toys of the Tiguan plus hybrid petrol giving near on 50 MPG. Off to write a snotty e-mail to my local VW dealer cancelling my Thursday appointment while letting them know of my disappointment of there franchise manufacturer.😥

I made an appointment last week to see my local Ford dealers Motability person and arranged to go into the showroom late last evening to avoid the crowds. Arrived at the dealers in an almighty thunderstorm but nothing is going to stop me from finding alternatives to VW.😁

Attentive service from the guys at Ford down to them lifting my scooter into the boot to try it on for size, a first for me. The seats in the Mk3 Kuga now slide forward giving that extra bit of space in the boot and with the back seats fully forward gave us 40” and my scooter is 41”.😪

I have another scooter here that is 40” long (39.5in or 100.3cm to be precise) so might return to the showroom sometime this week and try that one on for size. That said my old scooter only has suspension on the captain chair while the scooter I use now has all round suspension that give it that extra inch length.

My 40 incher is a Pride Elite Traveller LX and my everyday scoot I use now is a Pride Apex Rapid 54LX with full suspension and its length is 104.1cm or 41”.

The Kuga is right at the top of my list now after a quick viewing but still need to have another look because most, if not nearly all, of my attention was given over to boot size, but now the search is on to find a scooter that has all round suspension and is not a folding type that will fit in the back keeping the car a 4 or 5 seat car.

I never asked about delivery time however they told me anyway and the dealers said and I quote “you do know that delivery times are extended at the moment and it could take up to 4 months for delivery”. Well I have to say I was a bit dumb struck as I had it in my mind for something like 6 to 9 months.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by ChrisK.
    #160576 Reply
    Sue

I also looked at the Kuga today, 2nd time of looking just to check a few things and I was glad I did as we realised pretty quickly that my wheelchair can only lay flat in it and not stand up due to their super duper no load lip tray thing that the guy was so proud of. I did ask if it could go lower, if having a non plug in version would make a difference but he said no.

I’m now down to a choice of one that has all the essentials and even that is a compromise (some would be very helpful to have things not as standard/not available) and wincey on the advance payment – the 3008.

Hmm, I really don’t know. The car I am in now is not a perfect fit (Karoq) but at least it made me feel better not having such a huge chunk to pay out for it.

#160578 Reply
    Sue

As a further, I was told build date October for a November delivery for the 3008 which I am taking with a large pinch of salt, they told me my 5008 (back in 2015) would be 8 weeks for delivery and it ended up being 16 weeks.

#160581 Reply
    ajn

Why not just get rid of vw off the list, don’t even bother, vw nothing special anyway imo

#160602 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I can’t help but wonder if some of those who had their heart set on one of the cars that has been temporarily removed and is now ordering a different car, which is still likely to have a prolonged lead time, will regret it when the car that they really wanted comes back on the scheme before the ‘second best’ one has even arrived? Could it be a case of ‘order in haste, repent at leisure?

Viewing 18 replies - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)
Reply To: VW GOLF< T ROC & TIGUAN COMING OFF SCHEME
Your information: