VW GOLF< T ROC & TIGUAN COMING OFF SCHEME

• Creator
    Topic
  • #159061 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

Newsflash from VW

Update 19 July: Golf (petrol and diesel models), T-Roc and Tiguan will be removed from the Motability programme for Q3 from close of business on Wednesday 21 July.

Any orders have to be completed by the close of day tomorrow (21/7/21)

This is down to the Semi Conductor shortage.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

To be replaced with a VW ID.3 Tour 77 kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159080 Reply
    Tim

Wow! It’s a shame that Motability doesn’t have the gravitas to keep manufacturers on the scheme vs private sales.

#159081 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

With lead times currently 8 months plus I guess it stops the complaints.

The only Golf on the scheme will be the plug in hybrid.

#159082 Reply
    Georgie

My brother ordered a Golf (Motab) on April 1st and the Build Date just keeps getting extended further and further.  Originally told “Mid-June”, then “End of June”, then “Sometime in July”.  I think it’s currently “September, possibly” – but he’s not holding his breath.  It might make a nice Christmas Present.

#159083 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

In my mind it’s nothing less than disability discrimination because if I was a private buyer I bet I could go and order any VW at anytime but because VW are short of parts the attitude is of VW is to ease waiting times for private buyer by discriminating against disabled customers…

…that is, unless that disabled person is lucky to have the finances to buy their own car.

We know there’s long waiting times but what is the Motability problem with that, maybe because they won’t be able to handle all the calls from customers who are being discriminated against by abled body queue jumpers.

#159088 Reply
    Paul

With what vehicles are available prices will rise again,less choice for us and manufacturers know some desperate for vehicles so will pay it.As above private buyers come first

#159093 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

But always bear in mind the increase in residual values of cars going back to Motability. Webuyanycar.com  are offering £1000 more for my BMW X1 than they were 9 months ago.  Motability are going to be awash with cash. Will we see the benefit of it?

#159096 Reply
    brydo

If one of these cars where on my list but I wasn’t able to change until Q4 or Q1 of next year I would be on the phone to motability today asking them to let me order today/tomorrow.

In these extraordinary times they should make allowances for circumstances like this.

#159097 Reply
    kbfern

I recently cancelled my new Tiguan 1.5 dsg elegance (ordered end Mar) due to cock up by VW it seems that I was not going to get the car as originally ordered and anytime soooooon. Now it all becomes clear.

#159099 Reply
    Georgie

The other Question is – Will other manufacturers follow VW’s lead?  They must all be in the same boat supply-wise, and all have the same desire to maximise potential profits from what stock they have.

#159103 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Ordered T-ROC at beginning of June. Told delivery early-ish Sept.Build-date now first week October. Expect it’ll go back further. Ho humm. At least I got it as the ridiculously low AP.

#159117 Reply
    Ian Price

With the siutaion likely to get worse before it gets better. I wonder how we stand having extended to 5 years and there is no suitable car to order because of this. Will they insist the car is returned. Under these current circumstances I think we should be allowed to continue with say a 6 month extension until this issue is resolved. I suppose I could order anything and keep the car until ready. Then cancel and order again. Thereby extending the time I keep the car. Not really fair doing this I know but what choice do we have when we can not order the car we require.

#159122 Reply
    Paul

Exactly what im thinking too Ian.You would think motorbility are aware of these things and manage to solve or make least bettet by extending the choices available,with negotiations. I do expect motorbilty to allow around another 6 months rather than force changes as the cancellation way just causes more issues for everyone

#159124 Reply
    jmac
    Participant

Ordered a Golf GTD early may was told September delivery now put back to end of November still no build week been given, for what it’s worth my friend ordered a Golf GTI mid June he already has a build week and looking at September delivery, private buyer

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by jmac.
    #159126 Reply
    Georgie

If we’ve ordered a new car ‘at the right time’ according to the Motability rules, but the build and delivery are delayed and delayed, do we still have to pay the 5p a mile excess if we go over 60,000 miles?  Or e.g. do they note the mileage on the final Service and, if it’s under 60,000 miles, we’re okay to carry on driving it without penalty?

I’ve looked at the Motability website but couldn’t find anything about this.

#159128 Reply
    Richardw

It’s already happened with other manufactures. Peugeot are not taking any fleet orders until next year in an attempt to meet the demand of private customers. Our motability guy told us this last week.

#159129 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

In my mind it’s nothing less than disability discrimination because if I was a private buyer I bet I could go and order any VW at anytime but because VW are short of parts the attitude is of VW is to ease waiting times for private buyer by discriminating against disabled customers… …that is, unless that disabled person is lucky to have the finances to buy their own car. We know there’s long waiting times but what is the Motability problem with that, maybe because they won’t be able to handle all the calls from customers who are being discriminated against by abled body queue jumpers.

I don’t think it would be classed as discrimination against disabled. The manufacturers sell to motability and motability lease to a disabled person. Basically the manufacturer is selling to a large lease company who probably get a sizable discount.

I would like to see if other lease company are still getting their cars.

#159130 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Thus is upsetting news for those desirous of a VW but sadly I feel we could see replicated in the future from other manufacturers. This would be of particular concern to those approaching the end of an extended lease.  We will know in a couple of days if this rumour is true.

#159131 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

In my mind it’s nothing less than disability discrimination because if I was a private buyer I bet I could go and order any VW at anytime but because VW are short of parts the attitude is of VW is to ease waiting times for private buyer by discriminating against disabled customers… …that is, unless that disabled person is lucky to have the finances to buy their own car. We know there’s long waiting times but what is the Motability problem with that, maybe because they won’t be able to handle all the calls from customers who are being discriminated against by abled body queue jumpers.

I don’t think it would be classed as discrimination against disabled. The manufacturers sell to motability and motability lease to a disabled person. Basically the manufacturer is selling to a large lease company who probably get a sizable discount. I would like to see if other lease company are still getting their cars.

As noted above private buyers are still getting delivery, be it late, but delivered all the same but we’re just being stopped full stop and yes you’re probably right it won’t go down as discrimination but like the under cover discrimination of black folk for the past two centuries, discrimination all the same.

I had my renewal noticed this morning but I’m sick to the back teeth of searching for  suitable cars only to find when the times come it’s gone and after starting a new search again this morning I’ve decided to extend because I can’t be bothered anymore, I give up, you win, goodbye.😭

#159132 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

I’m afraid its no rumour. It comes from a directive sent to VW dealers from Motability.

#159136 Reply
    Richardw

It’s not just motability, it is all large group/fleet buyers. Nothing to do with discrimination against disabled people.

#159137 Reply
    Tim

Ah context, it matters. Thank you.

#159143 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

And, in relation to over 60,000 mileage, they apply a pro-rata rate, so you don’t lose out, but you also don’t have free reign to go bonkers with miles.

I had gone over the allowance by over 10% & my new car delivery was delayed 3 months, no cost to me.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#159144 Reply
    Georgie

Thanks, Abercol.  I’m just asking on behalf of my brother.  I’ve yet to return a car with more than 10k on the clock. 🙂

#159155 Reply
    Participant

Does ordering via Mobility really delay new car builds over private orders.

As surely once the dealer take the order and puts it through to the factory for building, it just becomes an order for a new car.

Would the factory really know its mobilty and delay the order.

#159160 Reply
    Gary

Mate went to order a golf on the weekend and was told to expect to wait 26 weeks which seems long. He is a private buyer.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 118 total)
Reply To: Reply #159144 in VW GOLF< T ROC & TIGUAN COMING OFF SCHEME
Your information: