VW Golf 8 R-Line Delay?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138446 Reply
    RedPanda
    Participant

Hi guys,

First time poster, long term Motability customer.

Ordered my shiny new Golf 8 1.5 eTSI R-Line back in December ’20 and I got a call today from my dealer to say there’s now a delay in production of car meaning I’ve got an unconfirmed build date sometime in April.

I was originally due to change-over on 1st March so rather frustrated I now potentially have to wait until May to get the car. What’s more frustrating is that, nothing is confirmed so this may be later, earlier or as expected – the clarity here is dysfunctional.

I never had this issue with my last three Ford vehicles or my latest Kia. I contacted VW customer service who advised that the dealer should have quoted a 19-week timeframe as opposed to ensuring me the car would be ready for my usual hand-over date.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience? Could this be an overestimation? I read a post back in 2019 with a similar position to me but nothing as of recent.

Thanks!

Ford Mondeo Titanium X - Ford Focus Zetec - Ford Fiesta Titanium X - KIA ProCeed GT Line S - VW Golf 8 R-Line

Viewing 3 replies - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166681 Reply
    wadey1457
    Participant

this is what my dealer sends me once a week as you can see origanal week was 32 but  now 46

#166768 Reply
    Karl

Wadey1457 – when did you place your order?

#166771 Reply
    wadey1457
    Participant

april pal

Viewing 3 replies - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
Reply To: VW Golf 8 R-Line Delay?
Your information: