VW Golf 8 R-Line Delay?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138446 Reply
    RedPanda
    Participant

Hi guys,

First time poster, long term Motability customer.

Ordered my shiny new Golf 8 1.5 eTSI R-Line back in December ’20 and I got a call today from my dealer to say there’s now a delay in production of car meaning I’ve got an unconfirmed build date sometime in April.

I was originally due to change-over on 1st March so rather frustrated I now potentially have to wait until May to get the car. What’s more frustrating is that, nothing is confirmed so this may be later, earlier or as expected – the clarity here is dysfunctional.

I never had this issue with my last three Ford vehicles or my latest Kia. I contacted VW customer service who advised that the dealer should have quoted a 19-week timeframe as opposed to ensuring me the car would be ready for my usual hand-over date.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience? Could this be an overestimation? I read a post back in 2019 with a similar position to me but nothing as of recent.

Thanks!

Ford Mondeo Titanium X - Ford Focus Zetec - Ford Fiesta Titanium X - KIA ProCeed GT Line S - VW Golf 8 R-Line

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #162302 Reply
    35mphspeedlimit

No wonder I couldn’t find the tracker!  Ordered mine at the end of June so not much chance of seeing it this year by the look of things!!

#162306 Reply
    matt

still build week 38 for my gtd orded april

#162312 Reply
    jmac
    Participant

GTD build was week 31 then went to 36 just had an email now saying week 43 .

#162335 Reply
    matt

yes was 32 then 36 now week 38

#162377 Reply
    Dave

Ordered my gtd 31st may so 11 weeks ago the tracker was saying my order with the factory no build date any idea on when I’m likely to get a build date?

#162382 Reply
    Mike

@dave no time soon likely late this year/early next year.

#162383 Reply
    Dave

Cheers Mike

#162453 Reply
    Dave

Just spoke to my dealer he’s says my car was scheduled for week 36 but been put back to week 43 although that’s not set in stone.

#162518 Reply
    CS1

Spoke to my dealer he said ive now got a provisional build date of week 44

#162540 Reply
    matt

when did you order?

#162574 Reply
    CS1

I ordered a GTD in April so been about 5 months soo far

#162610 Reply
    matt

yes i orded mine in april still on week 38 at min

#162792 Reply
    James L

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi everyone,</p>
    First post on here. Ordered my Golf R-Line 1.5 150 eTSI (no extras) back in April. Was originally led to believe that this would be delivered in June…how naive of me! The leasing company keep updating me with unconfirmed build weeks (currently stating week 41). This gets pushed back by the week & now I’ll be amazed if I receive the car this year at all!

Has anyone who’s ordered this model received their vehicle yet, or even had a confirmed build date?

Cheers,

James

#163161 Reply
    Andy

Hello all
    Update from my post from a couple of months ago.
    Ordered the 1.5 tsi 150 r line in January, for an end of April pick up, after all the delays I was advised it would be built on week 35, literally just had a call from my sales executive, it is on schedule to be built tomorrow and if all goes to plan I should pick up end of September. Here’s hoping🤞🏻

#163277 Reply
    matt

my gtd has just gone from week 38 to week 50

#163278 Reply
    CS1

Dont think anyone will be getting a GTD anytime soon. Lucky if you get one early next year at this rate

#163292 Reply
    matt

yes its taking the mick now lol

#163668 Reply
    Jonathan Kendall

Hi All, Long time follower of this thread but first-time poster. I ordered my 1.5eTsi on the 23rd April. Was initially advised June, then paperwork said 31st July and my most recent communication with them said September. Judging by the recent post of someone ordering January and getting it the end of September, it seems like I will be lucky to get mine this year.

My predicament is that I’m losing my independence here, I have a manual car currently, 51 plate at that, of which the clutch is really heavy and increasingly difficult to drive. Unfortunately, VW are unwilling to help, obviously, with it being a global issue, they can’t afford to be giving out hire cars. Then motability are unwilling to help, presumably as my contract with them doesn’t start until I take delivery of my first car.

Just feel at a complete loss.

#163672 Reply
    Mike

@ Jonathan Kendall nothing you can do I’m afraid, a lot of people in the same boat with the issues that have been covered in nearly every post for the last couple of weeks. I’ve seen a couple of posts with users using auto trader and similar websites to search for cars dealers physically have in stock if you are open to other brands, never know your luck. I seen an article on BBC News website yesterday covering the issues facing the car industry in general.

#163673 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Jonathan

I sympathise with your predicament as I’ve been there myself but fortunate for me this time around my current (Motability) car is fine to get me through but with a few niggles but niggles all the same and nowhere near as bad as waiting for a suitable car.

Yes your right about Motability not helping you because like you said, your not actually a customer until the day you enter your PIN at the dealer and collect your new car so a bit of a Catch 22 situation.

With all that said you would think that with Motabilities on going ad campaign to get disabled folk to join the scheme they would go a little bit out of the way to help because your predicament is a bad advert for Motability but in their defence I suppose there’s not a lot they can do about it.

#163836 Reply
    matt

just had a call from the dealer.my gtd has moved from week 50 to week 41 so its coming in the right direction

#163858 Reply
    John Morris

Jonathan… maybe change car? Phone different dealers and find out what you can get from stock. There are stock cars available but only certain colours and certain makes. The Korean brands seem to have more stock. It may not be what you want but as long as its suitable then that’s what I would do. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

#163884 Reply
    CS1

That is good news Matt! Is that a confirmed build week?

Going to call my dealer today and see what he says about my order.

#163887 Reply
    matt

no pal its not so could move again but hopefully not

#163946 Reply
    CS1

Spoke to my dealer he said im week 44 and non provisional but he said it has come forward and has been grouped together with alot of other GTD’s. Positive signs but nothing to get excited over i guess yet

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 156 total)
Reply To: VW Golf 8 R-Line Delay?
Your information: