VW Golf 8 R-Line Delay?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138446 Reply
    RedPanda
    Participant

Hi guys,

First time poster, long term Motability customer.

Ordered my shiny new Golf 8 1.5 eTSI R-Line back in December ’20 and I got a call today from my dealer to say there’s now a delay in production of car meaning I’ve got an unconfirmed build date sometime in April.

I was originally due to change-over on 1st March so rather frustrated I now potentially have to wait until May to get the car. What’s more frustrating is that, nothing is confirmed so this may be later, earlier or as expected – the clarity here is dysfunctional.

I never had this issue with my last three Ford vehicles or my latest Kia. I contacted VW customer service who advised that the dealer should have quoted a 19-week timeframe as opposed to ensuring me the car would be ready for my usual hand-over date.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience? Could this be an overestimation? I read a post back in 2019 with a similar position to me but nothing as of recent.

Thanks!

Ford Mondeo Titanium X - Ford Focus Zetec - Ford Fiesta Titanium X - KIA ProCeed GT Line S - VW Golf 8 R-Line

Viewing 9 replies - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #183681 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Read on a German news channel today that the Golf production lines at Wolfsburg will be going back to full production from May.

I’m in the Tiguan stable myself playing the waiting game but that too is improving from May but will still have the odd days of reduced production so keeping fingers crossed here for some improvement on our delivery dates.

#183867 Reply
    Les

My view:

If you were a small business, you would be concerned about profits and making customers happy.

However, a large multi-billion pound company like VW, they won’t care.

It will be all about numbers to them.

If they didi care about the customer, do you honestly think they would dish out the Golf 8 with that terrible infotainment system or produce cars and cheat on emissions etc.

It’s all about the money when it comes to big faceless corporations like that.

#183869 Reply
    Rene

You said: “VW isn’t in a rush to make cars” (linking the article about operating profits)

I said: “i don’t think closing down Wolfsburg makes VW or the customers happy”.

You said: “i’m far from convinced that they care that much for customers”.

I said: “of course they don’t care for your or me/customers”.

And then you proceed to tell me to “make my mind up”. Right then.

#185861 Reply
    Karl

Finally got the call to say my R-Line 1.5eTSI is in the UK. Ordered on 02/07/21.

#185873 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This will sound strange but under a year is pretty good going.</p>

#185928 Reply
    Ta152

Pleased to say I have a build date, this week will be 14 months since order.

#186248 Reply
    Gemma

Over the moon for u Ta152, it’s certainly been a long long time coming, hope it’s in the very near future 😁

#186368 Reply
    Oakdaledaddy

Ordered my golf R Line on October 5th 2021 and collected on Friday 27th May 2022.
    It is stunning. Haven’t stop driving it all weekend.
    well worth the tortuous wait.

#186509 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Ordered my golf R Line on October 5th 2021 and collected on Friday 27th May 2022. It is stunning. Haven’t stop driving it all weekend. well worth the tortuous wait.

Ordered 5/10/21, delivered 27/5/22, only thing I can say to that if it’s a Motability car is…

…WOW. 😊

I’ve seen a few VW orders coming through at short noticed but they’ve all been private buyer/leasers who managed to get a cancellation order and of course that option isn’t really open to us as we have no bargaining power.

My order for a Tiguan 14/10/21 will be delivered 10/22 if I’m lucky though I was told at the time of order it would be April/May 22 but took that with a massive pinch of salt.

Playing the waiting gamer is all over for you now for the next 3 years so have fun and enjoy.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by ChrisK.
Viewing 9 replies - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
Reply To: VW Golf 8 R-Line Delay?
Your information: