VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

This topic contains 306 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar myself33 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70234 Reply
    YJIM

Hi

does anyone know of any vw dealers offering discounts on motabilty at the moment?

many thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #71677 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

Good to know Newfie I’m sure I’ll be being your ear for more info or hints n tips at collection time ?

[/quote]

No problem whatsoever Winston, The Tig forum has a private message facility that we use a lot between us on there.

One for Trev, have you ever considered a private message facility on here?

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#71681 Reply
    Mike

Yes can’t order over phone I had motability cancel at Marshall’s oxford a lady phoned me from motability I phoned around local dealers but most they would offer was £250 off my Golf 1.5 tsi se nav dsg but I phoned Johnson’s VW Solihull 40 miles straight run on M42 and they knocked £500 and signed photo of Louise minchin

#71683 Reply
    Trev

Newfie, the topic of private messaging pops up now and then, but the issue with private messaging is as we are an open forum, with registration not required in the main forum.

As such, there is no way of controlling content, leaving everyone vulnerable and open to abuse should someone take offence or disagree with a post for example.

We have a duty of oversight and care for all our posters, and we cannot moderate what we cant see. Thus for these reasons private messaging is not a feature of this forum.

Cheers

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#71684 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

I totally understand where you are coming from Trev and thank you for replying with the answer.  I just thought I would ask.

Cheers

#71685 Reply
    Winston

I had thought about that aswell tbh, but atleast we are all safe from Mikes nudes ??

#71686 Reply
    Mike

You are indeed Winston lol

#71688 Reply
    Winston

I wouldn’t mind them mike ?

#71842 Reply
    Russell

is it just selected VW JT600 dealers that are offering discount? and is it just VW? as I was looking at the Seat Ateca FR sport as well as the VW Tiguan SEL. also I assume if we ordered from somewhere out of our own area, we would have to inform Motability that we need to change dealer management to one closer to home.

#71843 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

I’ve no idea about other JCT branches or if it’s just VW thst deals are being offered on

What I can say is that Roger at Hull is very easy to deal with, so I would pick up the phone and ask him. You have nothing to lose

You can order from anywhere in the UK as long as you go there in person to order

Once you collect your car all you do is contact Mota and select a dealer closer to you.

#71845 Reply
    gillan

when i wanted my vw i emailed every retailer in the uk. Told them the model i wanted and colour and my contact details. phone was off the hook and i took the one who offered me the largest discount. Had to do a 600 mile round trip but it was well worth it and a great drive home.

#71849 Reply
    Russell

Cheers for the reply Winston & Gillian I did email two of my local VW branches. and even went on live chat, and they said they was going to call me back. so up to press I have had no emails and no telephone call. must be that I’m not putting pound notes over the table and its a Motability thing with them. I will give this guy Roger a tinkle, as Hull is not that much of a drive from Leeds.

#71850 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

Hi Russell

You will find Roger at JCT600 Hull a great guy to deal with. And you are right, you’re only about an hour down the M62/A63

#71851 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

These guys and dealers in general must get lots of emails, which are easy to forget about or not take to seriously is a busy job

Thats why I think it’s always best to pick up the phone and speak them one to one then you can find out there and then if there is a deal available for what you are after and take it from there ?

Let us know how you get on

#71861 Reply
    Russell

thanks been swooping emails this afternoon with Roger, he seems a very genuine guy and very witty and good humoured person. and offered me £600 of a Tiguan 2.0 Diesel 2wd SEL in manual.  but need to order before end of march. luckily my car is due back on the 22nd of June so I should be able to place a order near the back end of this month to meet the requirements.  £600 is a very large discount and not to be sniffed at these days. so thanks guys.

#71862 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Fantastic news Russell!

Great deal and great choice ??

#71867 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

Great news Russell.

Roger is a great guy to get on with.

#71884 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

Just a little note about ordering from Roger at JCT600 in Hull.

ALL orders MUST be made in person, he will not take orders over the phone as Motability do not allow this so please do not ask. So if you order a car from them you will need to make 2 trips, once to order and the other for the handover.

#71888 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

On this subject I called and spoke to Mota the other day about it , tried my best to explain that you can apply for car finance, credit cards, loans, mobile phones and now mortgages all online or over the phone

She went through to the applications team but they politely refused my request to be able to do it over the phone etc

Seems very out of touch and considering a long journey for your average disabled person is going to be a lot harder on them than for Joe Public, it does come across as very unnecessary!

But for the time being its just the way it is

If youre getting a great deal financially, and let’s face it most of us survive on some type of benefit it still makes sense to fill a flask, pack a few snacks and hit the highway

#71890 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

We are the people who know the flaws in the scheme, whats right with it and whats not.

Send ideas etc to Frank Field.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#71893 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

send to fieldf@parliament.uk

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#72187 Reply
    Russell

Well after doing some research and going to a few VW dealerships some quite of putting and some quite really nice. I think we have opted to go for the Tiguan R line tech 2.0 diesel 2wd in manual in the pure white colour. for £2249 AP take into account £500 good condition + 600  AP discount from dealer. its a lot of car for little money. so hopefully we will order around 23rd of this month it be nice to have a look at the new seat Tarraco but unsure if this is coming on the scheme and what spec if offered

#72188 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

That’s great news Russell! Like you say it’s a whole lotta car for a very fair AP I’d say!

Like you my experience of local dealers was, well in a nutshell awful! In fact you need to travel about an hour or so just to get away from Arnold Clark, and even when I did try those ones it was the same old story, no real interest in a discount and poor attitude

So I’m sure your choice will suit you guys perfectly

#72250 Reply
    Russell

yes it does seem that Arnold Clark does have the total monopoly of Motability the further north you go which is a shame to say they are not a friendly bunch as I have found out a few years ago myself.

#72285 Reply
    Olpk

I travelled for my current car and use whatever dealer I fancy for servicing and repairs etc. You don’t need to notify motability your using a different dealer.

When your car goes in the dealer contacts them for authorising any work.

#72302 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

I always had my Golf from my local VW dealer 5 miles away but a year ago I got   £500 off the ap at Johnson’s Solihull 40 miles away I went to my local dealer and they have put my new car on their system as I’ve only done 11.000 miles it doesn’t need service till next March after 2 years

I like Magnums....

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 306 total)
Reply To: VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: