VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

This topic contains 291 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Tosher 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70234 Reply

YJIM

Hi

does anyone know of any vw dealers offering discounts on motabilty at the moment?

many thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #71642 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Winston ask him if he is happy for you to divulge your agreement on the forum.

I suggest a tiguan or all space with £500-600 off is a bit of a no brainer  especially as the APs are already competitive.

#71643 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Or better still invite him to come onto the forum with his offers.

#71644 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Hi Winston

Good to hear you conversation with Roger went well earlier today.

He is a top man, what you see is what you get from Roger. Like you say no BS and up front with everything.

I know its a trek for you but at least their dealership is simple to find and it is on the west side of Hull and simple to get to off the A63 (the A road that leads you off the M62 into Hull).

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

#71645 Reply

Winston

I did mention the forum to him, he did say he is aware of them but wasn’t a member etc

But when I speak to him again I’ll ask him to post any good monthly or quarterly deals

JCT York were offering £500 of the Tiguan and no movement on options

JCT Hull were offering £600 off the Tiguan and a good further reductions on any options

Really easy to be Frank and negotiate with, very transparent

#71646 Reply

Winston

Hi Newfie,

Thanks again for the recommendation of Roger, he was actually a breath of fresh air. After seeing the Tig in the flesh and deciding it was for me I got a bit disheartened speaking to all the local crap dealers who’s attitude completely changed when I dared mention a discount, so this has really cheered me up a bit!

Thanks for the directions tip!

My plan is to leave here about 4, 4.30am and be there for opening time, get everything done n dusted, a bite to eat and head home to avoid the peak time traffic later 😁🚙

#71647 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Tiguan R line manual £2249 minus £500 good condition bonus minus £500 discount, £1249, a bargain, no doubt.

#71648 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

£1149 even better Winston.

#71649 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Are you ordering extras?

#71650 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan.

I am happy that Roger has come up trumps for you.

I’m popping in to see him on Wednesday over a Car Net issue which is being spoken about on the Tiguan forum which I guess you are probably on https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/index.php

#71651 Reply

Winston

It sure is Brydo, I’ve went for the the DSG. The new R Line tech model has some great bits of kit threw in for gratis

Reverse Camera, Keyless entry and Start/Stop, Full control of the electric tailgate where as before you could ony open it and had to pay for the close option! Same with the mirrors I think

One thing that isn’t great is the reduced size of the Active Display behind the steering wheel which is 2 inches smaller and they’ve added 2 analogue gauges for fuel and temp, same display in the new T Roc, a bit naff but on the balance of things you gain more than what you lose with the new R Line Tech trim

It’ll be down on power and I’m losing the 4wd of my current car , but I’m sure I can live with these 😁 well I’ll hsve to lol

#71653 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

It does seem ridiculous that in this day and age, with all the technology available, you have to travel all the way down to Hull. I’m sure motability could deal with this over the phone, even on a three way conference call. If you did all the leg work agreeing price extras etc and they just dealt with their side of it over the phone.

#71654 Reply

Winston

Brydo: option wise I’m going for

Dynaudio Stereo upgrade

Running boards, they have no real purpose but look good lol

Oryx white pearl paint upgrade

Aluminum door sill trim

There really isn’t many more options that would make much of a difference I don’t think 🤔

#71656 Reply

Winston

Brydo!

I couldn’t agree more about the palava of having to travel to Hull just to order, I might give Mota another call to see if there is anyway around this. If you don’t u don’t get n all that 🤔

#71657 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

You sure you didn’t win the lottery lol.

#71658 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

This is something to send to Frank Field, the option to buy from any franchise in the UK without having to travel. We would then have some buying power, what a dog fight that would create.

#71659 Reply

Winston

Brydo:

Haha if only!

I’d buy us all one if I did 🤣

Newfie: I haven’t joined it yet, but I sure will

What is the issue with the car net thing? Anythibg major I need to worry about?

#71661 Reply

Trev

Brydo! I couldn’t agree more about the palava of having to travel to Hull just to order, I might give Mota another call to see if there is anyway around this. If you don’t u don’t get n all that 🤔

Just one thing to consider is that Motability do advise or ‘tell’ dealers not to offer deals to customers to ensure all customers are treated fairly no matter where they live in the country.

This obviously falls on death ears for a number of dealers, and rightly so, as long as motability get the published AP.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#71663 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

No, in fact I think you won’t get the problem. I have successfully connected Car Net and it works great but since my car was built VW have introduced remote locking/unlocking via the Car Net app. I did read that someone with a new R Line Tech has it working. My Tig is capable of having it but I have got to go through the dealership for positive identification from me before it can be added.

You will get 3 years subscription to “Guide & Inform” and “Security & Service” the latter works via an inbuilt eSIM in the cars Infotainment system and “Guide & Inform” you need to connect it via the hotspot on your smartphone or via (what a lot of us have done) a Mobile WiFi dongle with a 3 PAYG SIM that gives 200mb free every month and you should not need anything more than that to run “Guide & Inform” each month. It gets online traffic updates, weather reports, nearest fuel stations and price and also needed to import destinations you send to you Infotainment via a smartphone or the online portal.

#71666 Reply

BackCountryBob

Concur fully with the glowing tributes to Roger at JCT600 Hull – refreshing change to find someone so honest in the trade. Even though we ordered elsewhere it was a pleasure dealing with him – even with his arm in plaster after a cycling accident lol!! Didn’t stop him being professional and upfront.

If only all dealers were so good. I consider myself lucky to have Roger as back up for Rick at Inchcape VW in Manchester, who’s supplying our next AllSpace, after the Sharan.

#71669 Reply

Winston

Well I contacted Mota and despite my best efforts and the agent checking with the applications team it was a resounding no, all the usual reasons given, Data Protection,, anti fraud, T&Cs etc

I had expected that and accepted that, so it’s a road trip to Hull next week

She asked if I knew any dealers that would accept orders over the phone but I’m no grass lol. So no info was passed over

Same with AP discount , I just mentioned I was offered a good deal on options incase thsy caused any grief for the dealer I will use

Good to know Newfie I’m sure I’ll be being your ear for more info or hints n tips at collection time 🤣

I’m glad you got the deal you were after Black Country Bob, it makes ordering a new car a much less anxious time when you are dealing with someone like that 😊

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

#71670 Reply

Footloose

Hi all,I recall like Winston travelling from Scotland  I was interested in the Skoda vrs and I was offered £500 discount from DM Keith in Leeds and as I’m from Glasgow all I was asked to do was scan the documents required and they were happy to proceed however that was 2017 but not sure if it’s now impossible to do?

#71672 Reply

Trev

Surely it can’t be far off where there will be an online portal for customers to place orders – they have the template to use already, copy over the dealer portal and just make the necessary adjustments to it. But that’s a different topic, the time will come no doubt.

#71673 Reply

Winston

Yeah probably about 2 weeks after my trip to Hull lol

But it’s worth it in the long run for me, so Hull it is

#71675 Reply

Trev

Oh don’t lol

Be a nice send off for the Q3 to have a final roadtrip 🙂

#71676 Reply

Winston

Exactly, she has served me well but nothing lasts forever

And the return leg after collecting the car gives me plenty of time to get a feel for it, 😊

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 291 total)
Reply To: VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: