VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

This topic contains 306 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Avatar myself33 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #70234 Reply
    YJIM

Hi

does anyone know of any vw dealers offering discounts on motabilty at the moment?

many thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #70485 Reply
    Wonky

Hi all,  thanks Glos, that explains my and others servicing experiences with our VW group vehicles.

I feel this is another example of Motabilities penny pinching, they aren’t worried about any implications to the life of a vehicle this lack of servicing may have.

It does however, make a mockery of the used car salesman’s favourite line, of, ex Motability vehicle that has been fully serviced etc etc. Truth now being, no first service, has a second service and doesn’t have a third year as it’s usually handed back!

I think it is our duty to start spreading the word, that an ex Motability vehicle shouldn’t be touched without provable full service history.

Very shortsighted policy!

Regards, wonky

#70486 Reply
    POPS

I must say that the lack of a properly targeted first service is disappointing. I’ve done 17,500 miles in twenty three months in my lease car and the only attention it’s had is an occasional oil top up. The software has been telling me for the past five thousand miles that I need to get it serviced, and the daily visual message on screen is annoying and concerning.

My intention was to buy this car at the end of it’s lease, but the lack of willingness from Motability to maintain “their” car has changed my mind.

#70487 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

My 2010 Audi A4 Advent S- Line was on 20,000 miles 2 year services

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#70492 Reply
    Wonky

Hi Pops,  I agree with you.

Do you think there is a need for a separate thread regarding service intervals etc. ? The problem is not clear to all if they don’t dip into this topic.

Regards, wonky

#70494 Reply
    POPS

Good idea Wonky ….. would you like to start a thread for us?

#70526 Reply
    Wonky

Hi Pops, just noticed,  Oscarmax has started one since I posted.  Seems popular.

Great minds eh!

Regards, wonky

#70527 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi Pops, just noticed, Oscarmax has started one since I posted. Seems popular. Great minds eh! Regards, wonky

No I was a bit sneaky

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Oscarmax.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#70538 Reply
    Wonky

Hey Oscarmax,  no problem, so long as the message gets out there!

We are all in it together.

Regards, wonky

#70550 Reply
    POPS

Thanks guys. keep those posts coming.

#70552 Reply
    Steve Carr

Anyone know if VW Bury give AP discount?

#70555 Reply
    Wonky

Hi Steve, they certainly have in the past. Several people on here told of dealing with Mike at Bury and getting a good discount.

Regards, wonky

#70598 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Despite being a long shot, does anyone know of a VW dealer in the cardiff area that gives discounts?

#70600 Reply
    Philjb

Rene try ringing your local dealer and tell them of other dealers discounts and see if they will match it.

#70601 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Yeah, gonna see what they can do for us on tuesday. Thanks.

#71519 Reply
    Doug

Hope this isn’t too late for you, Rene, but I can highly recommend Michael Wynne at Sinclair Volkswagen in Newport.  We are ordering a Tiguan R-Line Tech auto and Mike has been exceptionally helpful, patient and open with us.  He is giving a discount in line with the others stated on this Forum and has offered to charge the lower AP if it’s reduced next quarter (I didn’t even have to ask!)  Feel free to mention my name and the Forum if you contact him.

michael.wynne@sinclairgroup.co.uk

01633 270727

Good luck!

#71522 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Hi Doug,

Good to hear you just ordered a Tig R line tech Auto, I sat in one today and pretty much made up my mind that I’m going to order one

I’ve just extended the lease on my current car so that means I can order a new car at any point over the next 2 years

So if I can pick your brains about the Tig that woukd be great

What colour did you go for and what options if any did you chose?

I had a shot of the T Roc aswell, just to rule it out if nothing else, nice enough car but the Tig Looks and Feels a step above in quality, presence and desirability

Sadly Newport is probably  too far to travel from Glasgow so now I’ll need to start contact some local dealers are the Arnold Clark branch I was at today were not up for any type of deal! Their loss lol

#71525 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Hey Doug, thank you very much for that information – my fiancee and i have an appointment with our Seat Dealership on monday, in regards to an Ateca. On our shortlist currently are only two cars, the Ateca and the Tiguan – if we don’t order the Ateca on monday, we will indeed go to Newport and i will mention that you sent us.

If you don’t mind me asking, what lead time did you get told? It’s 10-12 weeks waiting for an Ateca according to White Dove Seat, just would be interesting to know how long we’d wait for a Tiguan.

Winston, there’s a few notable problems with the T-Roc – one of which you already discovered, it’s “cheap” and cheerful. Compared to other cars (even the Golf), it seems cheap, with hard plastics everywhere.

One thing to mention in regards to both Tiguan and T-Roc, be a little wary of the 1.5l TSI (as is well known, just want to make sure). Paired with a DSG, it does okay (a few problems are reported, but in the grand scheme it seems okay) – but as a manual, i would stay away from it. Just to throw that out there.

#71526 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Rene,</p>
    Yeah I had already saw some video reviews on the T Roc and the naff cheap plastics used on the inside, but i really wanted to see it for myself in the flesh, and yeah it was very disapointing and ruined the car in my opinion, but I’m glad I went to see it so I could cross it off the list for good

I had every intention of keeping my Audi Q3 S Line plus for the full 5 years, but I guess I’m ready for a change now

I’ve always liked the new Tiguan R shape, size, prescene and overall aesthetics  of the car

Only thing I’m not fond off is the rear indicators, I have the sweeping indicators on my Q3 and even though I can’t see them, I know they are there, and it’s a really cool looking feature . The ones on the Tig are very small blinkers, bit of a school boy error there. When the car was first launched the TV adverts all showed it with sweeping indicators ?

Anyways, apart from that it’s a very attractive car

with the new R Line Tech model launched and extra kit threw it it’s a lot of bang for your buck

I need an auto, so it would have to be the the 150 Tdi Dsg , fwd

I wish to God the Tdi 190, 4motion  Dsg was available on the scheme and I’d happily pay a bit higher AP for it

I’m a gambler lol, but with All the uncertainty of what is going to happen next quarter I really don’t want to hold on much longer incase the R line tech slips off the scheme

So I think I’ll place an order and as you’re still talking about 6 months delivery wait I’ll see what the next quarter and beyond brings

#71528 Reply
    Doug

Tungsten Silver, Winston.  Standard car but still undecided about ‘Voice Activation’.

I’m biased of course but I think you have chosen the right car.  Good luck with finding the right dealer…  if they don’t deserve your business move on to the next one as we did!

#71529 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

Nice Choice Doug! I saw one today, looks better in the flesh!

Thanks Doug, I’m not shy to ask or move on to the next dealer when they hit it with the usual patter about no discounts etc lol

I’ll post any positive feedback I get or if I actually place an order then the countdown will be on ?

#71530 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

I know which kind of lights you mean – it’s a bit naff considering that they have them on other cars including the Golf (optional).

We’d go for basically the R-Line Tech plus DCC, since reportedly the ride on these 20 inch shoes is pretty harsh – had one person telling me that the ride is fine, but every other person told me that it can be pretty rough. Colour would be Indium Grey (just love that colour, don’t know why).

edit: just as an aside, we’re going for the 1.5 TSI and DSG in the Ateca (if it comes to that) as well. Didn’t mean to just blast that particular engine.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar Rene.
    #71532 Reply
    Doug

Around 14 weeks for delivery of a factory order, Rene, but it could be somewhat quicker depending on your spec and colour.

#71533 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

That’s not bad either, cheers for the info.

#71535 Reply
    Doug

On a personal note, the interiors of the Ateca FR Sport and XCELLENCE Lux felt a little dark to us…  black leather upholstery and black rooflining with no panoramic sunroof.  It has a much lower AP though with almost everything as standard.

#71536 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

No sunroof as standard, you can get it optional (though, we won’t, except if we get a deal on it).

I don’t actually mind it that much, and at dawn/night, i’m hoping that the LED ambient lighting lightens it up if needed. Other than that, i think of it as cozy.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 306 total)
Reply To: VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: