VW DEALERS OFFERING DISCOUNTS?

• Creator
    Topic
    YJIM

Hi

does anyone know of any vw dealers offering discounts on motabilty at the moment?

many thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 306 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo
      Participant

Ritchie send them an email confirming your understanding of the deal, who you made it with and when it was agreed. You have then made a record of the deal for future reference.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
        Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

BackCountryBob

YJIM,

Newfie’s suggestion is all ready correct, if you haven’t contacted JCT 600 Hull. Roger is only too please to offer £500 discount and is a whole load more honest than some dealers with his delivery times. He quoted 6-9 months and his assertion the 22 weeks I’d been given was unachievable on an AllSpace.

RichieP
          Participant

Brydo

My thoughts exactly.  Based on the fact i’ve got probably a 16 week minimum build time i’m not too stressed and i have to enter the pin before anything happens!  I’ll drop them a line via email in a couple of weeks chasing a build date and drop it into conversation then.

To be fair the sales manager was within ear shot as i was negotiating and clearly heard our agreement.  He also thanked me for the order  as i was leaving.

I’m not too fussed as yet 😉

Richie

Participant

I shall be going to Arthur prince VW dealer tomorrow to book my Golf in for first service after a year this is my local dealer just 5 miles away and even though I had the car from Johnson’s VW 50 miles away they still treat me as I had it from them like my previous 2 Golfs which I did have from them

Trev
              Participant

Blimey, that’s gone quick Mike, a year already!

JS
                Participant

That reminds me the car just bleeped earlier I’m -30 days into needing a service oops.

Participant

Yes Trev my car is a year old on March 16th booking first service today at dealer. Will put on later my experience today yes I will look at the latest models and the cars as well !

Trev
                    Participant

That’s what i do when on a sit n wait for a service Mike, jump in the showroom cars for a mooch.

I’ll have a service this year, which is a change for me, previous car was on 2 year intervals.

Markymate

Coming up to a year for me as well Mike, time flies and all that.  No service for me though, just got to take the car in to have the oil interval change to 10,000 miles, instead of one year, as the car keeps telling me.

Trev
                        Participant

Blimey Marky, you as well! How’s that 1.4 behaving? bet it’s still running as sweet as a nut. Be lying if i said i didn’t miss it.

Participant

Just back Trev my Golf doesn’t need a service for 2 years or 20.000 miles I’ve only done 10.000 ! My local dealer was Arthur prince but is now listers they told me it was taken over before Christmas ! Anyway service man has put me on computer so I go this time next year !

Trev
                            Participant

That was the same with my Seat Mike, wonder if all VAG’s are now on 2 year service intervals.

Surprised you didn’t get a letter informing you of the change of ownership… ahhh… but they didn’t supply you with the car, so that would be why. Do they have the same staff? and did they still offer you tea and bickies?

Newfie
                              Participant

My Tiguan is oil change at a year/10000 miles and service at 2 years/20000 miles.

My Sharan before the Tig was 2 years/20000 miles for both oil and service.

VW ID.3 Tour 77 kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey
                                On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

Markymate

Hi Trev, she’s running like a dream.  Did a 88 mile round trip to pick up 16, 75lt bags of compost and she did 40 mpg, and still pulled like a train when needed. Just still astonished how a 1.4TSi can pull a large SUV along.

Participant

Trev I was very disappointed not sign of the bosses gorgeous ex wife or the other ladies but some staff were the same yes coffee and biscuits if wanted !

Philjb

Out Tiguan 159 tdi says 12 months according to supplying dealers.

But in the log book our car is coded for variable servicing?

Whixh woild be a shame because I was considering maybe buying it of the scheme as we only do minimal miles, but I’d want the oils and filter change don an oil burner once a year.

Prob why so many fleet cars are dead in dealers needing new engines arter 3 years?

Glos Guy
                                      Participant

Re Tiguans, Motability only permit the extended servicing (every 2 years). Our last one was configured for annual servicing (in error) and when it went in for a service Motability refused to do it, so it was a wasted journey. The new model we have now is the same. Won’t go in for a service (or even oil change) for 2 years. Seems wrong to me.

Participant

It seems wrong to me to even if car not serviced should be inspected after a year

Oscarmax
                                          Participant

Years ago old cars like Hillman Imp’s Ford Cortina’s etc. required a full service @ 3000 miles.

Wonky

Hi all,  my current diesel Alhambra,  dealership phoned me at 12 months saying it needed servicing, as I was booking it in they asked for payment details, I said I’m Motability so it’s included. They then said it doesn’t need servicing till 2 years, so didn’t do anything.  Very suspicious and definitely not good for engine doing short journeys, done 11k now after 21 months.

Regards, wonky

vinalspin
                                              Participant

My alhambra 2l Diesel was serviced at 12 months with 13k on the clock, now they say it won’t get done until end of lease, it’s almost 2 years old now and nearly done 28k, it’s looking like it’s gonna have 43-45 thousand miles on the clock before it sees a new filter and oil, guessing it will have blown up by then!

Philjb

This being our first motability car, but not our first vw, our touran was serviced once a year with long life oil.

I would be amazed if our tiguan reached 20k after 3 years.

but the digital dash def  counts down from 365 days till next service is due, I guess vw will just reset the service light?

Or are we expected to do it.

JS
                                                  Participant

As always I love reading the comments, and I must admit and not looked into it   but as my last reply our car is saying +30 days service!. I would expect that the supplying dealership would send a reminder, however we moved areas and although I will stick to our chosen dealership, I understand it may of got overseen in the move, ( I had Motability confirm I could still use my supplying garage) now I’m wondering and I must check the manual if the service should be 1 year or 2 and at what point does if you go over a set mileage or time scale does that effect the warranty?. I will ring johnsons Hyundai this week and check as I’m now intrigued.

Glos Guy
                                                    Participant

JS – I think that the two year thing is exclusive to VW’s. I would think that your Hyundai should be fine for a 12 month service. During PDI checks, new VW’s are configured to one of two servicing regimes. One (which they tend to set for private customers) requires a service after a year, the other (which Motability insists on) doesn’t require a service visit until 2 years. I only know this from having our last Tiguan set (in error) to the annual service and booking it in only to be told on the day that they couldn’t service it for another year! When I took the new Tiguan in for its first AdBlue top up recently (the car is 6 months old) they told me that it won’t have its first service until 2020! I much prefer the ‘variable servicing’ on BMW’s that tells you (via iDrive) when inspections, oil changes, front and rear brake pads etc are all due and recalculates the dates / mileage based on your usage and component wear. Very clever.

Markymate

My Kodiaq is coming up to a year old and the oil service light is now telling me it needs a change. Have done 5955 miles, so phoned the dealership and the service manager(You’d like her Mike, she’s very nice) said to bring it in and they would change the service from a year to 10,000 on the cars computer. So unlike my previous Vauxhall, it won’t be getting a service every 12 months regardless of mileage.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 306 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.